Windows 10: memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer

Discus and support memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know this problem has been raised before and I've tried all the suggested remedies to no avail. The cards show in Disk Management with a drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kempec, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Kempec Win User

memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer

I know this problem has been raised before and I've tried all the suggested remedies to no avail.

The cards show in Disk Management with a drive letter assigned but not in Windows Explorer.

I have looked at the hide attribute for empty drives and it is unchecked. I have uninstalled the

device in Device Manager, rebooted and let the system reinstall it. No success. I have also tried

updating the driver and the system says it is already using the recommended driver. I can open the

drive from Disk Management and work with it then but no Windows Explorer entry. The device

shows in Device Manager and says it is operating normally. The entry in Device Manager is under

Disk Drives. There is no entry for MemoryTechnology devices.

All of this is on a Windows 10 1909 system. Cannot update to 2004 or later due to Conexant

sound chipset issue. The problem also manifests itself on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 20H2.

Except there it also cannot write to the cards because something is telling it that all the cards I

try are write-protected. And yes the cards are not write-protected because the same cards were

writable on the desktop with the aforementioned initial problem.

So, anyone have any ideas without reiterating to try the solutions already tried?

:)

Kempec, Jan 12, 2021
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - memory card problem

2. Memory Cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory Cards: I have DDR4 2400 and 2600 hundred in 8 GB cards. I need to return 2 2400 cards to another computer and pass it to my son/ I will need 2 8 GIG 2600 to get me back to 32 Gigs. Amazon search brings up 2666 -- sorry for lost info on my cut -out. Too late to get an answer...
  3. Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives of card readers are not showing up in Explorer: Hi, Yesterday I did some driver updates with Driver Booster 7 about 15 updates After that I recognized that my drives of the card reader are not showing up in Windows Explorer. The Explorer setting "Hide empty folders" is not set - that was the first I checked. The...
  4. using sd card to expand memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using sd card to expand memory: My C drive is close to full. I need more space so I can update my laptop. Can a SD card be used for that purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sd-card-to-expand-memory/81e951c0-6bff-4835-9434-ec545d5f6447"
  5. Problems using Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems using Windows Explorer: Hi folks, I am running Windows 10 and have an issue with Windows Explorer. First, whenever I open a folder, it takes a long time (endless, it seems) for the icons to load their thumbnails (that green bar that rolls across the top keeps going and going). But the main...
  6. sd card reader not showing on explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer: sd card reader not showing on explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-showing-on-explorer/75cdc18e-6091-460f-9380-db31bce46b8f
  7. Memory card reader

Memory card reader: This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards any longer. I get this idiot message. The driver for "this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...
  8. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  9. use memory card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    use memory card: I would like to transfer items to memory card. For some reason the card won't take it. I'm getting an error stating I can't update my window because of no space....
  10. Graphics card ram memory size problem.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card ram memory size problem.: Hey. I got this PC yesterday and I was looking what this PC can handle. I typed "dxdiag" to my search and i found that this graphics card is around 1 GB memory, I was so happy! [img] But I wanted to be sure this is real, and I searched how to check the amount of memory...