Windows 10: memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer

Discus and support memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know this problem has been raised before and I've tried all the suggested remedies to no avail. The cards show in Disk Management with a drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kempec, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Kempec Win User

memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer

I know this problem has been raised before and I've tried all the suggested remedies to no avail.

The cards show in Disk Management with a drive letter assigned but not in Windows Explorer.

I have looked at the hide attribute for empty drives and it is unchecked. I have uninstalled the

device in Device Manager, rebooted and let the system reinstall it. No success. I have also tried

updating the driver and the system says it is already using the recommended driver. I can open the

drive from Disk Management and work with it then but no Windows Explorer entry. The device

shows in Device Manager and says it is operating normally. The entry in Device Manager is under

Disk Drives. There is no entry for MemoryTechnology devices.

All of this is on a Windows 10 1909 system. Cannot update to 2004 or later due to Conexant

sound chipset issue. The problem also manifests itself on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 20H2.

Except there it also cannot write to the cards because something is telling it that all the cards I

try are write-protected. And yes the cards are not write-protected because the same cards were

writable on the desktop with the aforementioned initial problem.

So, anyone have any ideas without reiterating to try the solutions already tried?

:)

Kempec, Jan 12, 2021
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. memory card use problem - will not show in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - memory card problem

2. Used Memory Not Showing Where

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used Memory Not Showing Where: Hello Microsoft Community!I have an issue with the memory usage on my laptop. Currently I show only 13.3 GBs free of 474 GBs:When I access storage, I see that the Apps and Features is showing about 371 GBs used: However, clicking on Apps and Features only shows about 10 GB...
  3. Used Memory Not Showing Where

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used Memory Not Showing Where: Hello Microsoft Community!I have an issue with the memory usage on my laptop. Currently I show only 13.3 GBs free of 474 GBs:When I access storage, I see that the Apps and Features is showing about 371 GBs used: However, clicking on Apps and Features only shows about 10 GB...
  4. Used Memory Not Showing Where

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems with importing photos from a memory card using the Pictures App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with importing photos from a memory card using the Pictures App.: hello, I am having trouble importing photos from a memory card that is placed in the PC slot. I will click on the photos I want to import and it will start to import then more times than not it will stop importing and an error message will appear and it will say "something...
  6. Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem: I have Intel HD 4000 graphic card and 8gb ram running with i5 processor and my total available graphic memory is 1792MB and my dedicated video memory is 0 MB and but shared system memory is 1792MB total graphic memory...
  7. using sd card to expand memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using sd card to expand memory: My C drive is close to full. I need more space so I can update my laptop. Can a SD card be used for that purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sd-card-to-expand-memory/81e951c0-6bff-4835-9434-ec545d5f6447"
  8. Problems using Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems using Windows Explorer: Hi folks, I am running Windows 10 and have an issue with Windows Explorer. First, whenever I open a folder, it takes a long time (endless, it seems) for the icons to load their thumbnails (that green bar that rolls across the top keeps going and going). But the main...
  9. sd card reader not showing on explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sd card reader not showing on explorer: sd card reader not showing on explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-showing-on-explorer/75cdc18e-6091-460f-9380-db31bce46b8f
  10. use memory card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    use memory card: I would like to transfer items to memory card. For some reason the card won't take it. I'm getting an error stating I can't update my window because of no space....