Windows 10: memory compression

Discus and support memory compression in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; memory compression1memory compression2 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 21sun, Sep 6, 2022.

1. 21sun Win User

memory compression

memory compression1memory compression2 3

:)

21sun, Sep 6, 2022

2. System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please memory compression :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Sep 6, 2022
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2022
  4. SerhiyIA Win User

memory compression

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

memory compression

1. memory compression - Similar Threads - memory compression

2. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  3. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  4. Windows 11 Memory Compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Memory Compression: My memory compression is turned on but when i open "TERMINAL" as administrator or powershell + cmd , all of them say "Invalid Namespace" so i cannot disable it. I have also tried "Get-MMAgent" and it is the same thing , the cmd I used to try disable it was "Disable-MMAgent...
  5. Windows 11 Memory Compression

Windows 11 Memory Compression: My memory compression is turned on but when i open "TERMINAL" as administrator or powershell + cmd , all of them say "Invalid Namespace" so i cannot disable it. I have also tried "Get-MMAgent" and it is the same thing , the cmd I used to try disable it was "Disable-MMAgent...
  6. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  7. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  8. memory compression

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  9. memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  10. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows 11.I have 32G RAM, which is great. However my standby RAM usage is increaseing all of the time, on my older machine it seems...