Windows 10: Memory Corruption

Discus and support Memory Corruption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built the computer, so there isn't a manufacturer to go to. I can reinstall the nvidia drivers though. I just checked and it says I have the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by travisc, Oct 5, 2017.

1. travisc Win User

Memory Corruption

I built the computer, so there isn't a manufacturer to go to. I can reinstall the nvidia drivers though. I just checked and it says I have the latest driver. But if you think it will help I can reinstall them. What does this have to do with the memory corruption? That event didn't happen on one of the days that the computer crashed.

travisc, Oct 7, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

Where are you seeing memory corruption? In the windbg debugging?

Please update the system specs including psu, cooler, case, peripherals or anything attached to the computer by wireless or wired (mouse, keyboard, printer, headset, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Oct 7, 2017
  3. travisc Win User
    Yes, when I looked at the dumps in windbg it said there was system memory corruption.

travisc, Oct 7, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Memory Corruption

That is very common to see as so many dumps are related to memory.

The memory dump debugging has displayed a misbehaving driver
    Code: 10/6/2017 4:29 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 0xc4_2000_VRF_MpKslf7900685!unknown_function, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 1df41156-f7ef-43fd-87a2-06884945014c Problem signature: P1: c4 P2: 2000 P3: fffff809d5d1a25c P4: 0 P5: 444c534b P6: 10_0_15063 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100517-5546-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-6078-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2CCC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2CDC.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2CED.tmp.txt \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WERFC49.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_c4_c417a135952442fa22f73ab9f7b6311ad7805129_00000000_cab_04f3327b Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: aa106d5a-835b-4562-9cf4-cd372ad95fd2 Report Status: 268435556 Hashed bucket:[/quote]

Our database of drivers indicate that this misbehaving driver(MpKslf7900685+0xa25c) and is related to Microsoft security essentials.

MpKslf0642d99.sys May be dynamic update driver for Microsoft Security Essentials Unknown driver from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...riends-pc.html or Windows Update MpKslf2699e70.sys May be dynamic update driver for Microsoft Security Essentials Unknown driver from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...-7-32-bit.html or Windows Update MpKslf75fbf8c.sys May be dynamic update driver for Microsoft Security Essentials Unknown driver from this post: http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debu...-warcraft.html or Windows Update MpKslfc8f3df7.sys May be dynamic update driver for Microsoft Security Essentials Unknown driver from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1215803 or Windows Update MpKslfdeeb78f.sys May be dynamic update driver for Microsoft Security Essentials Unknown driver from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...-problems.html or Windows Update
    Since you are using Windows 10 it has Windows defender and it is currently unclear how this could relate to Microsoft security essentials.
    And in most cases Windows updates fixes misbehaving Microsoft drivers.

So you could perform an in place upgrade repair:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

First though perform the following steps:
    1) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code.
    2) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    3) sfc /scannow
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

In the earlier posts there was 1 HD tune and 1 chkdsk result.
    Please post HD tune results and chkdsk /x /f /r for all of the drives.

Please make images and post the results into the thread.

Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

zbook, Oct 7, 2017
  5. travisc Win User
    Yeah, I'm still working on the other hard drives, the second one hasn't finished yet. I did ask a question regarding them though, hdtune only reports them as 2199G, but they are larger than that. So, is it going to help if it doesn't look at the whole drive? Since I'm in the middle of still running hdtune, I'm not going to be able to do all the other things you requested. I'm only on my second drive, and it has been running for over 2 hours and still has quite a bit to go. So, that, plus the rest of my drives are going to take a long time. Since updates might require a reboot, I'm going to have to at least wait until the current one will finish. Which of all these things is more helpful to run first? You just requested me to do quite a few things, if there is an order that is more preferred, please let me know.

What specifically are you looking for? This doesn't feel very directed to what is in the minidmps. I'm just trying to figure out how everything you're asking me to do is related.

travisc, Oct 7, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    There is nothing critical in the order as you are having infrequent dumps.
    Sometimes unexpected bsod can interfere with testing.
    As long as that does not happen you can proceed as you are with the troubleshooting steps.
    For the HD Tune I am not familiar with that particular issue and will await the results.

It is very common that windbg displays memory corruption.
    Many times we will run RAM testing to rule in/rule out hardware problems.
    There are no memory problems with the RAM as per Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing.
    The Windbg has found a misbehaving driver.
    Sometimes our database is incompleted and needs to be updated.
    So at this time it is unknown what it is and how to fix it.

Code: 10/6/2017 4:29 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 0xc4_2000_VRF_MpKslf7900685!unknown_function, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 1df41156-f7ef-43fd-87a2-06884945014c Problem signature: P1: c4 P2: 2000 P3: fffff809d5d1a25c P4: 0 P5: 444c534b P6: 10_0_15063 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100517-5546-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-6078-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2CCC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2CDC.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2CED.tmp.txt \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WERFC49.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_c4_c417a135952442fa22f73ab9f7b6311ad7805129_00000000_cab_04f3327b Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: aa106d5a-835b-4562-9cf4-cd372ad95fd2 Report Status: 268435556 Hashed bucket:[/quote]
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm MpKslf7900685start end module name fffff809`d5d10000 fffff809`d5d1e000 MpKslf7900685 (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: MpKslf7900685.sys Image path: \??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{4F5AA15D-E7F5-4906-80BF-4878992A0727}\MpKslf7900685.sys Image name: MpKslf7900685.sys Timestamp: Tue May 19 20:50:37 2015 (555BE86D) CheckSum: 0000D1AA ImageSize: 0000E000 File version: 1.2.1003.0 Product version: 1.2.1003.0 File flags: 0 (Mask 3F) File OS: 40004 NT Win32 File type: 1.0 App File date: 00000000.00000000 Translations: 0409.04b0 CompanyName: Microsoft Corporation ProductName: Microsoft Malware Protection InternalName: KSLDriver OriginalFilename: KSLDriver.sys ProductVersion: 1.2.1003.0 FileVersion: 1.2.1003.0 FileDescription: KSLDriver LegalCopyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[/quote]

zbook, Oct 7, 2017
  7. travisc Win User
    I just checked for updates, the only update it shows is:
    2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4040724)

I've got it downloading.

travisc, Oct 7, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Memory Corruption

This malfunctioning driver is a windows defender driver.
    Typically windows drivers are fixed by windows updates.
    There are no other 3rd party drivers found that were malfunctioning in the windows debugging.
    The event files and the windows error reporting indicated that in the month of September you were having problems with the Nvidia graphics card drivers.

Drivers can malfunction like software.
    Sometimes drivers must be updated, reinstalled, or rolled back.
    I think the re-installation of the Nvidia driver followed by the major October Windows upgrade should fix the infrequent computer bsod.

The event files had indicated:
    Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR7 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR6 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: The IO operation at logical block address 0x2300 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000075) was retried.[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR3 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: The IO operation at logical block address 0x1c6c00 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000078) was retried.[/quote] Code: {Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\HarddiskVolume10; the data has been lost. This error may be caused if the device has been removed or the media is write-protected.[/quote] Code: Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.[/quote] So all of the drives are being troubleshooted.
    So far you found errors in the bitmap on one drive that was fixed.

zbook, Oct 7, 2017
  9. travisc Win User
    If you're looking for things to rule out or rule in. I made some changes to my hard drives recently. Around the middle of September we discovered that the hard drive we have in our hard drive bay was failing. This would have been sometime after the BSOD on September 10th. We removed that drive and ordered 2 WD Blue 4TB drives. Those were added to our drive bay on September 18th or 19th. We had an online backup of the failed drive, and we received and loaded those files back on to the new drives starting on September 28th. All the files finished loading on the 29th.

So, the old drive could have been related to the first 3 crashes, but it wouldn't have been related to the last one. Also, the 2 new drives couldn't have affected the first 3, but might have impacted the last one. I'm not sure if the dumps look to be all the same thing, or if there are indications that it is different problems. But if they are all the same, then it wouldn't have been the old drive, or the two new drives, causing it.

Edit: I just saw your post. Those events are likely related to the failed drive I replaced.

travisc, Oct 7, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    The plan currently is to:
    1) evaluate all drives with
    a) chkdsk /x /f /r
    b) HD Tune with health, error scanning, and benchmark
    c) Sea Tools for Windows: SMART, short, and long generic

2) Update/uninstall/re-install the Nvidia graphics driver
    3) Wait for the major windows upgrade in the middle of October
    4) evaluate any new bsod if there are any
    5) with you being comfortable using windows driver verifier it can be restarted at any time to troubleshoot the drivers.

zbook, Oct 7, 2017
  11. travisc Win User
    Here are the hdtune results of my other internal drive. Note that this is a 3TB drive, but hdtune only says it is 2199G. I'm going to reinstall nvidia, then I'll run the chkdsk on it.

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

travisc, Oct 8, 2017
  12. travisc Win User
    Here is the chkdsk result for the same hard drive as the hdtune pictures above:

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

travisc, Oct 8, 2017
  13. travisc Win User

Memory Corruption

I got the nvidia drivers reinstalled (after completely removing them). I also applied the windows update from last month.

I just finished scanning my first external drive. hdtune doesn't show any health information for it. Also, after running chkdsk I didn't see anything logged in the windows events for it. But I did grab a screen shot.

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

Memory Corruption [​IMG]

travisc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Memory Corruption

1. Memory Corruption - Similar Threads - Memory Corruption

2. RAM memory corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM memory corruption?: Hi,I recently bought a second-hand PC and while gaming I am getting repeated various BSOD crashes which I believe are down to corrupted RAM or drivers, but I can't identify the problematic files beyond that. I have tried physically dismounting and remounting the RAM and am...
  3. RAM memory corruption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM memory corruption?: Hi,I recently bought a second-hand PC and while gaming I am getting repeated various BSOD crashes which I believe are down to corrupted RAM or drivers, but I can't identify the problematic files beyond that. I have tried physically dismounting and remounting the RAM and am...
  4. RAM memory corruption?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. help BSOD PFN Corrupt Memory Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    help BSOD PFN Corrupt Memory Management: I have a consistent BSOD when playing specific games or using specific software.I have previously this issue would cause a BSOD every couple of hours no matter what I was doing. I reduced this to the current issue with a fresh Windows install to ensure I had no problematic...
  6. help BSOD PFN Corrupt Memory Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help BSOD PFN Corrupt Memory Management: I have a consistent BSOD when playing specific games or using specific software.I have previously this issue would cause a BSOD every couple of hours no matter what I was doing. I reduced this to the current issue with a fresh Windows install to ensure I had no problematic...
  7. help BSOD PFN Corrupt Memory Management

8. Help - "Memory Management" and "PFN List Corrupt" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help - "Memory Management" and "PFN List Corrupt" BSOD: I've recently 4 days started getting BSOD do a home-built. Seems to happen mostly when using Lightroom but occasionally other programs. The computer is 4 months old and functioned well until now. I updated the BIOS today but no joy. It's an Asus MB, Corsair RAM, Windows11...
  9. Help - "Memory Management" and "PFN List Corrupt" BSOD

Help - "Memory Management" and "PFN List Corrupt" BSOD: I've recently 4 days started getting BSOD do a home-built. Seems to happen mostly when using Lightroom but occasionally other programs. The computer is 4 months old and functioned well until now. I updated the BIOS today but no joy. It's an Asus MB, Corsair RAM, Windows11...
  10. Help me fix my pc BSOD MEMORY MANAGEMENT / POOL CORRUPTION IN FILE AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me fix my pc BSOD MEMORY MANAGEMENT / POOL CORRUPTION IN FILE AREA: Hi guys, today I come to you because I have a big problem with my computer. I mounted my pc a week ago and since I installed windows 10 pro, I meet several BSOD, whose 2 main messages are: MEMORY MANAGEMENT / POOL CORRUPTION IN FILE AREA. These messages can occur after 10...