Windows 10: Memory Leak, Associated with iaStoreV.sys - No Driver Update Available

Discus and support Memory Leak, Associated with iaStoreV.sys - No Driver Update Available in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I was wondering why my Ntoskrnl.exe(system) taking up my Ram so much(about 70-300MB). I Did some search about it, found some article saying that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shaw009, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Shaw009 Win User

Memory Leak, Associated with iaStoreV.sys - No Driver Update Available

So, I was wondering why my Ntoskrnl.exe(system) taking up my Ram so much(about 70-300MB). I Did some search about it, found some article saying that it's memory leakage from drivers that need to be updated. Then I followed the article, installed Windows Driver Kit, ran the Pool Monitor and find some "culprits" and identified it. Finally lots of those culprits have been solved by updating those drivers.

But the problem still exists. The "system" process is still taking up my 4GB RAM gradually from starting up my computer.

Memory Leak, Associated with iaStoreV.sys - No Driver Update Available [​IMG]

So I ran the Pool Monitor(poolmon.exe) again, and found new culprit

Memory Leak, Associated with iaStoreV.sys - No Driver Update Available [​IMG]

I did identify it by using findstr command. It's associated with iaStoreV.sys - which is "Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver". I did try to find the driver and download it but always ended up with "The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Setup will now exit" error. I can't seem to find any other driver out there.

So my question is, do I really need this driver? Can I remove it? If it can, how? Or, Does anyone know the exact driver for this thing?

Thank you very much. I'm sorry for my bad English

:)

Shaw009, Aug 11, 2015
  2. ShadowXC Win User

Windows 10 Using 16GB of Virtual Memory or 100% disk usage

It's a memory leak, and memory leak leads to inaccurate memory allocations, and can thus exhaust the system memory.

Your best bet is to find out what driver is faulty, and is causing the memory leak.

ShadowXC, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Microsoft Reader problem

I received an update from MSReaderGirl. She gave the following information:

I expect this leak probably relates to other issues on WM6 as well so hopefully they will be able to resolve this and it may help issues people are experiencing.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 11, 2015
  4. TeroBlaZe Win User

Is it on your laptop? You can try to use Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Open Device Manager-> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers-> manual driver update and select this driver. Reboot you laptop.
    Also you can try to find latest supported Intel RST driver for your hardware but usually it is not the latest driver and probably without Win10 support.

TeroBlaZe, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Shaw009 Win User
    Thank you for your reply! I appreciate that *Smile
    I have finally done what you said, ran Pool Monitor again, and finally that culprit is gone. But the problem doesn't end there.
    The "system" process keep growing and growing as I'm using my laptop. The worst moment is when you play a game. Last time I play GTA V, it grows up to 900 MB and causes stuttering and lag. I never experienced this before back in windows 8.1.

I tried to find any driver updates, but there's none. Then I ran Pool Monitor again, found new culprit(again). it was Rdyboost.sys​(Readyboost Driver). I never enabled readyboost, so why?

Any Idea how to solve this annoying memory leak? I have tried "tips" from the internet, such as turning off Ndu service via registry, turning off runtime broker(by unchecking "show me tips about windows), updating every drivers, but Ntoskrnl.exe is still 'hungry'.

Shaw009, Aug 13, 2015
  6. TeroBlaZe Win User
    Yep, this is a hackneyed issue on reddit and MS forums last weeks. I noticed it few month ago in one of insider's preview builds, and after a while I created a thead but I still have not received an official response from M$.

After all the circles of hell leaks finally you got a brand new super-duper M$ SuperFetch (caching?), that no one can say for sure what actually it is. The bug or feature*Confused

You can turn it off, Run services.msc find Superfetch and set it start from Auto to Disabled and then reboot. But as it is the service which helps to speed up the system performance especially for slow HDD you can get an issues. Try it and tell us your feedback

TeroBlaZe, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Shaw009 Win User
    Yeah, I hate M$ support forum and their tech guy's typical canned responses. "please do clean reboot bla bla bla",

At first I was worrying about the performance if I turned off Superfecth. Some say in the internet that it will decrease HDD performance. I've never used SSD, as a laptop user.

So, I tried to turn it off. Not only the ram usage is dropped to 1,2 GB(in idle), there's no performance impact! System is not 'hungry' anymore. Everything seems fine.

Thank you for your suggestion! You give me cure for this annoying bugs! I hope M$ fixes these bugs ASAP.

Once Again, Thanks a lot! I'll mark this thread as SOLVED

Edit: New Win10 big update

Whoa, just received update(dowloading it right now) a while ago. Reading the info, it includes new Rdyboost.sys. Maybe they have fixed it?

Shaw009, Aug 14, 2015
  8. TeroBlaZe Win User

*chuckle
    Yeah, but to me it is not perfect solution disabling windows's components to resolve annoying things

I no longer waiting for a miracle. And nope, this update doesn't help

TeroBlaZe, Aug 14, 2015
  9. Shaw009 Win User
    False alarm. Altough disabling superfecth free up memory, it make my programs starts with delays. Smooth at first, then I can feel the performance impact. And yeah, newest update doesnt change anything *Mad

Shaw009, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Memory Leak, Associated with iaStoreV.sys - No Driver Update Available - Similar Threads - Memory Leak Associated

2. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  3. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  4. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Leak: I have noticed that even in an idle state, the task manager reports 80% or more memory usage. I have 16GB of RAM. I cannot find what is causing this memory leak. What can I do to solve this. Please help me....
  5. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  6. Update 2004 Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 2004 Memory Leak: So I just got the Windows 10 ver. 2004 update, and now my memory's leaking all over the place. My computer is currently using 50% of its overall memory and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it to leak as much as it is. Is anyone else having this issue? Or is there...
  7. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  8. Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaks: Hi, After contacting the vendor of my software, I was informed that I had a memory leak and that this was the reason why my PC crashes when using the game/software. Can anyone help me on fixing this memory leak? Below are the files retrieved from me to prove there is a...
  9. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  10. High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver: Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iastorev.sys ошибка windows 10