Windows 10: Memory Leak in Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 when UWF write filter is ON

Discus and support Memory Leak in Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 when UWF write filter is ON in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a system wherein we are using Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 OS.It has been leaking memory when we enable the UWF write filter.....and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbhishekChouksey1, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Memory Leak in Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 when UWF write filter is ON

We have a system wherein we are using Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 OS.It has been leaking memory when we enable the UWF write filter.....and eventually system becomes unusable in 2 weeks or so.....and we have to do a reboot to recover the unit.We are using 16 GB of RAM and system is in idle state.If we disable the UWF write filter, then sysrem stops leaking any memory.We have updated the latest windows 10 updates till June, 2021.Can anyone throw some light on this issue and how to resolve the issue?has microsoft released any patch to resolve this memory leak?Thanks.

:)

AbhishekChouksey1, Jul 23, 2021

2. Windows IOT Enterprise LTSC License

Dear Team,

One of my customer has IOT devices and they want to deploy new Windows IOT Enterprise LTSC license.

They requested us to procure the following license: WIN ENT LTSC 2019 SNGL
    Upgrd
    OLP NL and now customer wants to know whether the WIN ENT LTSC 2019 SNGL
    Upgrd OLP NL
    can be deployed in IOT devices or not.

Can anyone advise on this with clarity

SreevishnuKatari1, Jul 23, 2021
  3. TAH52 Win User
    Where to purchase a Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC High-End license.

Where can I purchase Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC High-End licenses.

I'm a small OEM that builds about 20 machines per year.

All of the new machines are being built with Advantech computers which come in with the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC High-End already installed.

A few of the new machines which were built late last year were built with the same Advantech pcs as the new ones today.

The only difference is that those pcs were purchased with Windows 7 Pro.

I want to replace the OS with the new LTSC.

However, I can't find where to make the purchase.

The Microsoft part number on the latest Advantech pcs is MUT-00005.

TAH52, Jul 23, 2021
  4. JRN82 Win User

Memory Leak in Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 when UWF write filter is ON

Problem when enabling Firewall (with Firewall exceptions) and Unified Write Filter (with UWF exclusions)

Hello,

I have a problem when enabling Firewall (with Firewall exceptions) and Unified Write Filter (with UWF exclusions). I have observed this problem in the following Windows 10 versions:

- Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 1607

- Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809

The Windows 10 machine is configured as follows:

- There is an application 'X' installed in "C:\folderX" directory.

- Firewall is enabled. Application 'X' is added as an exception to Firewall.

- UWF is enabled, C:\ drive is protected by UWF and "C:\folderX" directory is added as an UWF exclusion.

- Application 'X' needs to communicate with other external machines/applications via Ethernet Network interface.

The following two scenarios are observed:

a) If both Firewall and UWF are enabled, Application 'X' does NOT communicate with external machines/applications.

b) If Firewall is disabled or UWF is disabled or both are disabled, Application 'X' does successfully communicate with external machines/applications.

How can I solve the issue in scenario a)? This is, how can I have Firewall and UWF both enabled at the same time and Application 'X' communicating to external machines/applications?

Is this a known bug to Microsoft? If yes, is there any fix?

Thanks.

JRN82, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Memory Leak in Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 when UWF write filter is ON

1. Memory Leak in Windows 10 Enterprise IOT LTSC 2019 when UWF write filter is ON - Similar Threads - Memory Leak Enterprise

2. Windows 10 LTSC 2019 - UWF and Firewall conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 LTSC 2019 - UWF and Firewall conflicts: I found a strange behaviour in Windows 10 LTSC 2019 when UWF filter with some folder exception and firewall are turned on.Scenario:UWF filter ENABLEDUWF Exception for path C:\program files\somefolderFirewall exception for C:\program files\somefolder\someprogram.exeIn this...
  3. Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC: Hi all,I am looking to understand if it is possible to "upgrade" from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC. We have some devices that currently are in use with Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC installed. As this version is now out of support and not...
  4. Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC: Hi all,I am looking to understand if it is possible to "upgrade" from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC. We have some devices that currently are in use with Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC installed. As this version is now out of support and not...
  5. Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows IOT Enterprise 2016 LTSC updated to 2019 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows IOT Enterprise 2016 LTSC updated to 2019 version: We used to load Windows IOT Enterprise 2016 LTSC, due to newer CPU we downloaded newer version 2019 LTSC the OEM activation key doesn't work, how to get an updated Activation Key?...
  7. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC Entry - License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC Entry - License: Does a Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC Entry license come with an ISO file? I am looking to purchase a license through a distributor, but they said only Microsoft can confirm if the License will come with the ISO image file....
  8. Windows IoT Enterprise LTSC 2019 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows IoT Enterprise LTSC 2019 activation: Hi everyone, I have created a Windows IoT Enterprise image and have got it running in Audit mode. I want to enable Custom Logon and Unbranded Logo. In the Lab I'm following to create the image it says the following: "Custom Logon feature will not work on images that...
  9. Regarding UWF (Unified Write Filter)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding UWF (Unified Write Filter): I have some HP thin-client where Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB custom image is installed. These clients having 4 GB RAM is installed and 2.9 GB is usable because of video memory. As we know in the write filter environment all writes are in overlay and system must reboot to...
  10. UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise: Has anybody used the UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise? I am new to this concept, what i understand is it writes the data to the RAM in stead of hard disk, just to protect it during a power shut down. Please correct me if i am wrong. I have some doubts here- 1) Why is...