Windows 10: Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506

Discus and support Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This issue started when I just updated to Windows 22h2 for "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031455" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ficky zaid, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506

This issue started when I just updated to Windows 22h2 for "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031455" and I found Windows Explorer is not running properly. The memory usage leaks, when I open and close it the RAM used will not really go down, and it will nest continuously larger if I repeat keep opening it. I have done everything from windows update, sfc / scannow, DISM Driver updates, to in in place upgrades and the results are the same. Until now I use the Windows version 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506. For your information, I use Lenovo Yoga 7i le

:)

ficky zaid, Nov 10, 2023

2. Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS.

To,
    Microsoft Community

Hey Friends, this is Gavin Mathos here & currently using Windows 11, Version: 22H2 OS.

I am eagerly waiting for launch & testing the upcomming "Windows 11, Version: 23H2" OS. What are the new feature you will see in the upcomming "Windows 11, Version: 23H2" OS.

Any information as to when Microsoft has planned to release the new Windows 11, Version: 23H2" OS.

Please check & let me know. Thanks..

Gavin H Mathos, Nov 10, 2023
  3. fg2001 Win User
  4. Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506

Windows 11 Memory Leak

Hi Josh. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for Windows 11 Memory Leak

https://www.guidingtech.com/top-ways-to-fix-mem...

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-fix-windows-11-m...

https://beebom.com/how-fix-memory-leak-bad-ram-...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

:

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Nov 10, 2023
Thema:

Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506

1. Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506 - Similar Threads - Memory leak issue

2. Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory leak issue in explorer.exe windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.2506: This issue started when I just updated to Windows 22h2 for "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5031455" and I found Windows Explorer is not running properly. The memory usage leaks, when I open and close it the RAM used will not...
  3. Windows 11 Memory leak?

Windows 11 Memory leak?: Hi,I just upgraded to Windows 11 last week, things were going well but lately the computer lags. Today it has consistently increased ram usage up to 99% I have 32Gb even if I'm not running any programs. Resource Monitor & Task Manager show 99% use but not the program...
  4. Windows Explorer Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Memory Leak: I have multiple PC's and the leak seems to be only one AMD chipset with CPU / GPU combo PC's. I have tried updating windows to the latest. I have tried updating AMD drivers to the latest. I have going onto windows performance mode under advanced settings.I can not pinpoint...
  5. Windows Explorer Memory Leak

Windows Explorer Memory Leak: I have multiple PC's and the leak seems to be only one AMD chipset with CPU / GPU combo PC's. I have tried updating windows to the latest. I have tried updating AMD drivers to the latest. I have going onto windows performance mode under advanced settings.I can not pinpoint...
  6. Windows Explorer Memory Leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak: Hi,For the last week or so, I started having problems with the Windows 11 taskbar:I cannot expand tray icons by left-clicking the little arrow icon left-most tray icon.Time on the right is frozen.Apps are not shown in the taskbar if they are not pinned ones.I cannot...
  8. Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak

Windows 11 taskbar issues, and potential explorer memory leak: Hi,For the last week or so, I started having problems with the Windows 11 taskbar:I cannot expand tray icons by left-clicking the little arrow icon left-most tray icon.Time on the right is frozen.Apps are not shown in the taskbar if they are not pinned ones.I cannot...
  9. Memory leak issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory leak issue: I see that Desktop Window Manager have a memory leak issue and it's consuming ram higher and higher till my system starts stalling. It had been happening since, 20h2 update and still not resolved.Steps performed :-1 Downloading media creation tool and reinstalling it through...
  10. Memory leak issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak issue: https://imgur.com/a/SBn6slE I've had this issue for months now and its starting to get extremely frustrating. I don't understand why my RAM usage is over 90% when all I'm doing is surfing the web on chrome. Aswell as this, I don't get why its saying Chrome(14). I'd assume...