Windows 10: Memory leaks on System D but not system A-both 16 GB Win 10 64

Discus and support Memory leaks on System D but not system A-both 16 GB Win 10 64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use a desktop system A and a laptop system D. Both are Win 10 Pro 64, and both have 16 GB of RAM. As much as possible, these machines have identical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Jun 22, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Memory leaks on System D but not system A-both 16 GB Win 10 64

I use a desktop system A and a laptop system D. Both are Win 10 Pro 64, and both have 16 GB of RAM. As much as possible, these machines have identical configurations. Both MS Office and various other application programs running on them. I use the laptop whenever I'm not at my desk, which is at least several times a week, and when I'm traveling for my job.

Only on the laptop
    , System D, do I get this error message when I start Outlook: "There is not enough free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs, and then try again" I don't get this error message every time I start Outlook. It seems random as to when I do get this message. I don't understand why I would get this message on the laptop, but never on the desktop, when both machines have the same OS, same applications, and pretty much the same configuration. I don't get this error running any other MS Office applications or Adobe software like Lightroom or Photoshop.

If it matters, the desktop system is a home-built rig with an ASUS P9X79Pro motherboard with an i7-3930K CPU. The laptop is a late model Lenovo T560 with an i7-6600U CPU.

:)

2. Windows 10 System Memory leak

Had the same issue. As ridiculous as it sounds, below is what fixed my Win 10 memory leak on System, PID 4.

(I have no affiliation with the below, other than it fixed my issue which looks exactly like what I see here.)

From http://www.bidnessetc.com/business/how-to-fix-microsoft-windows-10-memory-leak-issues/ :

Open Settings. Navigate to System > Notifications & Actions.
    Unselect "Show me tips about Windows" and reboot your PC.

a]{illerQuag, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 System Memory leak

This is not an error on MS side, at least concerning the one where disabling network data usage monitoring fixes it (the first posted regedit fix). It's related to wonky NIC drivers. Some (mostly older) Realtek cards affected by this also exhibit the same
    behaviour on Win 8 and 8.1 (where NDU was introduced).

However, the System leak due to Runtime Broker and Superfetch is weird indeed. Mostly because they run their own processes and they are not a part of the System process. There is a known Win10 Runtime Broker memory leak, but it eats available memory with
    its own process, not System. Superfetch, if faulty, should also eat memory using svchost.exe. I wonder why it happened in case of MaXi32.

DrAidennwitz, Jun 22, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Memory leaks on System D but not system A-both 16 GB Win 10 64 - Similar Threads - Memory leaks System

2. MoUSO uses 16 GB memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MoUSO uses 16 GB memory: Should I do something? I feel that the memory usage is too high.MoUSO uses 16 GB memory even if processor usage is below 2%, most of the time 0%.OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProOS Version: 10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041...
  3. Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.: Is it definitely possible, although the results are mixed. You just downloadthis VM made by Leecher1337 on github, run install.bat and restart. Try running your app again....
  4. memory leak, win 10 home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    memory leak, win 10 home: I am posting this saga in the hopes that it might help someone else, and in the hopes that some expert can tell me how to further help the situation. Although I have solved the problem enough to make the system usable, my solution is less than ideal. My wife's computer runs...
  5. 16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System: So to put this simply. I have a retail game of Rayman 2: The Great Escape + fromthe 10th Anniversary Collection. I put the disc in, choose Setup.EXE and... Nothing. "SetupUbi.exe 32 bites" is running in the background when I check task manager but other than that nothing pops...
  6. 16 bit system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 bit system: Hi I am trying to turn my windows 10 pc to a 16 bit system so I can play old pc video games on it. This website tells you what to do to make a 16 bit system. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-16-bit-application-support-windows-10/ In to website it says Configure...
  7. Win 10 Problem. I have 16 GB of Memory Installed, but 8GB Only showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Problem. I have 16 GB of Memory Installed, but 8GB Only showing: I have something very strange going on in Windows. It's showing I have 16 GB of memory installed, but only 7.95 GB is useable. Motherboard is a MSI B450-A Pro, and the memory modules are 2x Corsair Vengeance LED Pro 8 GB (for a total of 16 GB) My motherboard's bios is also...
  8. added 16 gb mem to system tested it here first

added 16 gb mem to system tested it here first: added 16 gb of memory to system - on this machine first to see how it would react. It asked me for something about setup and also a choice to hit the f2 key - it went by so fast i did not do anyhting. I have now moved them to the machine I want them in. When I removed extra...
  9. Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems

Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems: The Windows 10 Recovery Disk Creation Tool asks for a 16 GB USB drive. After many failures with multiple ports and several 16 GB drives, I finally tried a 32 GB drive. Success on the first try. This is on a new Dell Inspiron 27 7000 All in one (7775). My other 3 Windows...
  10. Huge memory leak keeps crashing the system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge memory leak keeps crashing the system: Hi, I'm running the latest April update 1803 on my Acer nitro vn-791g. My problem is that my committed memory and paged pool climb up after 2-3 days of my laptop being turned on (with sleep mode at night). This reaches a point where the system hangs, browsing tabs crash...