Windows 10: memory management bsod, windows 10 fall creators update 1709

Discus and support memory management bsod, windows 10 fall creators update 1709 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ok, so for the past two days I've gotten bsod errors, and only today do I have the stop code, which is memory management. the memory diagnostic tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xraiderv1, Nov 24, 2017.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

memory management bsod, windows 10 fall creators update 1709

ok, so for the past two days I've gotten bsod errors, and only today do I have the stop code, which is memory management.

the memory diagnostic tool built into windows reports no errors.

I have here an event viewer log screenshot, and a zip with the info the diagnostic tool has fetched.

memory management bsod, windows 10 fall creators update 1709 [​IMG]

DESKTOP-4IM836M-Fri_11_24_2017_212716_58.zip

:)

xraiderv1, Nov 24, 2017

2. Windows10Upgrade on latest edition?

That folder is where the latest version called 'Fall Creators Update' install files might be stored.

1703 - Windows 10 Creators Update

1709 - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Legacy Geforce 6150se nforce 430 -- Random BSOD's with 1709

well Greg, here's the NVidia/Geforce forum topic about the BSOD problems with nvidia nforce 430 / Geforce 6150se and Windows 10 fall creators update:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1030888/bsod-last-update-of-windows-fall-creators-/

and
    this old forum topic from the MS Answers forum
    needs to be revisited/updated as the 1709 fall creators update release won't work well with nforce 4 & nforce 6 chipsets; hence the BSOD errors occur at random times.

edit 4/5: the BSOD problems in Win10 FCU are also happening on an nforce 630a / Geforce 7025 hardware as well as noted

here

erpmanila3w, Nov 24, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

There was 1 bsod mini dump file that could not be opened and displayed possible corruption.

Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please update the computer model.
    Open the HP website > support and drivers > enter the serial or product number > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) backup all files on the drive to another drive or to the cloud
    6) make a backup image using Macrium
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    7) place the backup image onto another drive or into the cloud
    8) make a brand new restore point
    9) windows driver verifier is a tool that is used to find misbehaving drivers.
    The tool will repetitively produce BSOD until misbehaving drivers are fixed or until the tool is turned off.
    There are 3 methods to turn the tool off and all methods are using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    a) startup options (not startup repair) > restart > select #6 safe mode with command prompt > type: verifier /reset
    b) command prompt > Administrator X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > type: verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail
    c) system restore
    The methods to turn off windows driver verifer should be done in the order above. Using system restore often leads to a loss of the mini dump resulting in little progress in the troubleshooting.
    In the left lower corner type: system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > in startup and recovery click settings > in system failure un-check automatically restart. > post an image into the thread
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Windows driver verifer will be run for 48 hours. Once there are no longer any bsod the tool will be run for an additional 36 hours. Then if the are no longer any bsod the tool will be turned off to complete the tool troubleshooting.

10) Download and install:
    bluescreenview and whocrashed
    Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    11) After each bsod run these tools. They will provide some analysis of the bsod. Uninstall drivers and keep running windows driver verifier until there are no longer any bsod. Then install drivers and run windows driver verifer for an additional 36 hours. Alternatively you can install drivers after each one is uninstalled. The end result should be the same.

12) After each bsod please post a new zip into the thread and we will guide you through the troubleshooting.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

13) Use the information in this tool for the windows driver verifier test settings:
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

14) In this link is information on how to turn off windows driver verifier:
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

15) Download and install HP UEFI diagnostics version 6.4: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
    Power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 key to open the HP UEFI diagnostics. Run the loop until failure test in the evening and allow it to run overnight. The next day check the testing. If it is still running that is a good sign. If it has made 2 loops press the keyboard escape key to abort the testing and confirm the results in the logs. If there is a failure it will display a code and only HP can interpret it. Report the loop until failure test into the thread.

Code: 11/21/2017 1:09 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 128035443781, type 5 Event Name: AppxDeploymentFailureBlue Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 80080005 P2: 4 P3: 0 P4: NONE P5: 10.0.16299.15 P6: 401 P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AppXDeploymentServer_2C7B5978-6264-0000-388B-7B2C6462D301.evtx \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AppXPackaging_2C7B5978-6264-0000-388B-7B2C6462D301.evtx \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AppxErrorReport_2C7B5978-6264-0000-388B-7B2C6462D301.txt \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4232.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4270.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER42EE.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_80080005_9f30b33fb9b7f6f18bf887f7eb4614c5d450cc9d_00000000_15e44743 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 847e9595-edc8-4f40-b93b-87015b34d0b9 Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket: 3578cbb66f041900466edaca0c9e9990[/quote] Code: 11/21/2017 1:09 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: AppxDeploymentFailureBlue Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 80080005 P2: 4 P3: 0 P4: NONE P5: 10.0.16299.15 P6: 401 P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AppXDeploymentServer_2C7B5978-6264-0000-388B-7B2C6462D301.evtx \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AppXPackaging_2C7B5978-6264-0000-388B-7B2C6462D301.evtx \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\AppxErrorReport_2C7B5978-6264-0000-388B-7B2C6462D301.txt \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4232.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4270.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER42EE.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_80080005_9f30b33fb9b7f6f18bf887f7eb4614c5d450cc9d_00000000_cab_0a70430d Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 847e9595-edc8-4f40-b93b-87015b34d0b9 Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:[/quote]

zbook, Nov 24, 2017
  5. xraiderv1 Win User
    I dont know the motherboard, psu, case or cooling info, not specifics any any rate, I have updated everything else specs wise. will get on the rest shortly.

xraiderv1, Nov 24, 2017
  6. Hi,
    You'd have to open the case to know what wattage the power supply is there will be a tag on it with all the info.

ThrashZone, Nov 24, 2017
  7. xraiderv1 Win User
    I'm posting it as a text file attachment as its a monster of a run on wall..

xraiderv1, Nov 24, 2017
  8. xraiderv1 Win User

the PSU tag is in a really awkward to view spot...and in tiny print. I dont have a magnifying lens. so..I am unable to provide that, and as far as the case manufacturer, its one of hp's designs, so, no clue what make on that.

the computer just had another 'self initiated' restart, and presented no bsod error screen, which it should, given I disabled the automatic restart option.

xraiderv1, Nov 26, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    In the left lower corner search type: system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab
    under startup and recovery click settings > post an image into the thread
    under performance click settings > click advance tab > virtual memory click change > post an image into the thread
    If you use Ccleaner > click widows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread
    If you use any other cleaning software report the software into the thread
    In the left lower corner search type clean > open disk clean up > scroll up and down and post images into the thread

zbook, Nov 26, 2017
  10. xraiderv1 Win User
    I dont use any cleaner software, I've seen bad things happen when one uses cleaner software without understanding what all it does.
    pics below.

xraiderv1, Nov 26, 2017
  11. xraiderv1 Win User
    and got slapped in the face with another black screen and my computer acting like I'd just turned it on....STILL EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM.

all drivers and oem offered(and installed) software packages are up to date.

all user installed software packages are up to date.

xraiderv1, Feb 18, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    Please post a new zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    On performance options > under virtual memory click on change > post an image of the virtual memory memory window into the thread

zbook, Feb 19, 2018
  13. xraiderv1 Win User

how do I get to performance options?

xraiderv1, Feb 19, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    See post #8 which displayed performance options or:
    In the left lower corner search type: system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > under performance click settings > on performance options click the advanced tab > under virtual memory click change > post an image of the virtual memory windows into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link.

See if you can run the beta log collector to update the zip files:
    On the bottom of this webpage click on the beta log collector > post a zip into the thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

zbook, Feb 19, 2018
  15. xraiderv1 Win User
    here's my log and screenshot.

I shut everything down before running the logger tool.

xraiderv1, Feb 19, 2018
Thema:

1. memory management bsod, windows 10 fall creators update 1709 - Similar Threads - memory management bsod

2. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  3. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  4. Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working: Only Games Tab is working, also my Desktop and Laptop are not working after the update. If I create a new user it works fine..... It happens on both laptop and desktop so it must be a settings or something with upgrade. I don't know.. It tried all DISM command, SFC...
  5. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 - Sound HDMI issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 - Sound HDMI issue: After updating to 1709 the sound to my AV reciever cuts off randomly all the time. Its connected with HMDI from my gpu (nvidia 980ti), and I've never had this problem. I've tried deleting drivers, updating them. I did a roll back to 1703 and everything was workig fine. Its...
  6. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items: This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again. Microsoft again, messed up big time on this... See...
  7. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  8. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  9. Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709: it appears that Microsoft has referenced the version number for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in related documentation. A blog post (first spotted by WZor) related to the the Policy device description framework (DDF) file in Windows mentions "Windows 10, version...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available: I’m happy to announce the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide! Full availability is the final phase of our rollout process. When a new feature update is released, we begin by targeting a select set of...