Windows 10: Memory problem with unreleased "Unused" memory

Discus and support Memory problem with unreleased "Unused" memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning. I am running an Intel i7 with 16 GB physical RAM on a gigabyte UD99x mainboard (Nvidia 970, Bitdefender 2018). After having the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joerg Guenther, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Memory problem with unreleased "Unused" memory

Good morning.

I am running an Intel i7 with 16 GB physical RAM on a gigabyte UD99x mainboard (Nvidia 970, Bitdefender 2018). After having the computer running for less than an hour, my memory usage is in the 95-99% range, but the applications/processes amount to max. 5-6 GB RAM. After reading about RAMMAP in this forum, I used it to understand where the memory is going to, as I couldn't identify a single process/app to cause the issue.

It seems that my PC doesn't release its "Unused" memory, at least that is what I have figured from the RAMMAP picture (I am not an expert, sadly).

Memory problem with unreleased "Unused" memory 881d2f20-5531-4f61-a79e-a656f22bbb51?upload=true.png

If I use RAMMAP's "empty" features, I can release 10% or so, but those components are quickly used again - moving my RAM usage back to 99%.

I have tried to find a clue using google, but nothing has come up. I have already updated all drivers, de-activated programs, cleaned my startup apps.

What can I do to release the "active unused" memory and to make sure that it is not going to happen again?

Thank you!

:)

Joerg Guenther, Sep 30, 2018

2. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 30, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Memory Problem

I notice you have a Killer network Manager in your list. There have been problems with the Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver service which in combination with a Killer network driver starts to fill up the Non-Paged Pool memory. This was in W8.1 and the suggested fix is altering the registry key value of the “Start” entry to 4 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu\ to disable the Windows Network Data Usage Monitor Driver from starting.

See https://bluebluewave.wordpress.com/2...ge-monitoring/

Worth a try in your system I would think.

philc43, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Memory problem with unreleased "Unused" memory

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Memory problem with unreleased "Unused" memory

1. Memory problem with unreleased "Unused" memory - Similar Threads - Memory problem unreleased

2. memory problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory problem: CBS.log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-problem/68a230c1-4685-42f6-9ace-7b88959f7d95
  3. Memory Leak: the 'unused memory' is abnormal with active status in RAMMap tool.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leak: the 'unused memory' is abnormal with active status in RAMMap tool.: I've met a memory problem. In TaskManager the memory used almost 99%, but the sumary memory of all processes is less than 40%. The system becomes very slow.And I use RAMMap tool, the result is as below:The abnormal usage is the 'Unused' with active status. Meanwhile, the...
  4. Memory Leak: the 'unused memory' is abnormal with active status in RAMMap tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: the 'unused memory' is abnormal with active status in RAMMap tool.: I've met a memory problem. In TaskManager the memory used almost 99%, but the sumary memory of all processes is less than 40%. The system becomes very slow.And I use RAMMap tool, the result is as below:The abnormal usage is the 'Unused' with active status. Meanwhile, the...
  5. Memory Leak: the 'unused memory' is abnormal with active status in RAMMap tool.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Problem: My PC kept blue-screening with the message "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", so I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool. However, I'm not sure what do to with it. I have attached the result of the test from event viewer. Any help would be appreciated!Result...
  7. Memory Problem

Memory Problem: My PC kept blue-screening with the message "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", so I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool. However, I'm not sure what do to with it. I have attached the result of the test from event viewer. Any help would be appreciated!Result...
  8. Memory diagnostic rendered windows unusable.

Memory diagnostic rendered windows unusable.: After using the memory diagnostic from windows, my system rebooted with a messed up OS. First thing, my pin to log in wasn’t found, it took my password. After that I tried to open setup to fix pin issue, but setup will not open! File explorer doesnt open, and wi-fi...
  9. memory problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    memory problems: Hello, I have an Asus L402S with 28 GB drive space which is all occupied by files I don't know and I cant see what their sizes are. How can I find and delete these unnecessary files....
  10. Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Problem: Hello, I'm having an issue with memory. I've attached screen shots of both my memory usage & process tab. My system is using up 98% memory in idle. It does say "Non-paged pool @ 14.5gb". I'm not too sure what that means, but I do however think there is an issue with that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rammap unused active

2. rammap unused memory