Windows 10: memory (ram sticks)

Discus and support memory (ram sticks) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; im going to ask this the best way I can, people are getting confused when I ask this, im getting a gaming computer going it has 4 ram slots, I have 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DugDig1970, Aug 6, 2019.

1. memory (ram sticks)

im going to ask this the best way I can, people are getting confused when I ask this, im getting a gaming computer going it has 4 ram slots, I have 4 ddr3 two of them are 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHZ1.50v the other two I want to use are patriot signature line 8GB(2x4GB kit) DDR3 UDIMM 1600MHZ OH the first two are corsair...can I use those for together on one mother board .IM running windows 10 desk top by ASUS mother board is a sabretooth 990fx r2.o please help thank you

:)

DugDig1970, Aug 6, 2019

2. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Ram stick reading possibly incorrect

Hi Evan,

Your concern about the performance of your device can be due to software conflicts related to the changes in its configuration. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

To validate the size of the random-access memory (RAM) that your device detects, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on System.
    • Locate Installed memory (RAM).

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll still experience your concern about the performance of your device. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

memory (ram sticks)

Installed Memory(RAM)

Hi Jyotirmay,

Base on the screenshot you provided, it means you have a 3.5 GB usable memory out of the 4 GB memory installed. The amount of usable memory that you see is not exact amount. Usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus "hardware
    reserved" memory.

The reduction of the available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices.
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory.
    • The System BIOS version and settings.
    • The version of Windows that is installed
    • Other system settings.

If you find that much of your RAM is regularly being used, consider adding more RAM if possible, especially if your PC only has 1 or 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. To learn more about what kind of RAM your PC model uses, first look at the memory info in Task Manager,
    and then visit the PC manufacturer’s website for more specific info.

memory (ram sticks) adbf94c8-6e3b-47cd-870a-1807aaea723e?upload=true.png

• Type of memory (RAM) PC uses
    • RAM speed
    • Memory slots used

Here’s some info about the minimum memory requirements for Windows 10:

• Windows 10 (32-bit) can run on a PC with 1 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 2 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 3 GB or more.
    • Windows 10 (64-bit) can run on a PC with 2 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 4 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 6 GB or more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

memory (ram sticks)

1. memory (ram sticks) - Similar Threads - memory ram sticks

2. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  3. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  4. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  5. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. memory stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    memory stick: i have put multiple different memory sticks into my hard drive, and each one says it cannot open i need to download an app.. what app do i download it doesnt tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-stick/c41586ed-1f69-42e6-b50c-ad430a8df84b
  7. memory stick

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    memory stick: i have put multiple different memory sticks into my hard drive, and each one says it cannot open i need to download an app.. what app do i download it doesnt tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/memory-stick/c41586ed-1f69-42e6-b50c-ad430a8df84b
  8. memory stick

in Windows 10 Customization
    memory stick: my memory stick is encrypted on my new computer how do I un encrypted it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-stick/43828c14-f6e4-448f-b6fd-7043aea766fc
  9. RAM Sticks Question

RAM Sticks Question: So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the RAM I have and upgrade to 16GB (4 x 4GB sticks) but for some reason all I see is AMD-only RAM. My motherboard has an Intel...
  10. RAM Question - "Filling Up" a Memory Stick

RAM Question - "Filling Up" a Memory Stick: Hi. I have a question about random access memory (RAM) I was hoping to get an answer to so that I can get a better understanding on how it actually works. I tried searching around a bit, but my question didn't really get brought up, or if it did it was in these very tehnical...