Windows 10: Memory Speed

Discus and support Memory Speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, Since carrying out a clean install on my Asus G750 laptop the Kingston HyperX 2133mhz memory I have is showing as running at 1600mhz in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheLiger, Sep 10, 2015.

1. TheLiger Win User

Memory Speed

Hi All,

Since carrying out a clean install on my Asus G750 laptop the Kingston HyperX 2133mhz memory I have is showing as running at 1600mhz in the task manager.

I'm a member on te ROG forum and know that the motherboard can support 2133mhz.

I have asked the guys there for any assistance but also wanted to see if you guys had any ideas how to resolve this.

Thanks

:)

TheLiger, Sep 10, 2015
  2. kevyan Win User

E61i - S60 3rd Edition with FP1

Thanks for the info.

Btw, is there a way to speed up the reading/writing speed from the memory card?

I seems slower to read from the memory card than to read from the phone memory.

kevyan, Sep 10, 2015
  3. memory mixing

It's generally considered a bad practice to mix different brands of memory. Mixing different memory speeds is ok but both modules will run at the slowest speed.

JoeThiesen, Sep 10, 2015
  4. Memory Speed

Memory speed is typically set in one of the BIOS/UEFI setup screens.

Mark Phelps, Sep 10, 2015
  5. TheLiger Win User
    Any idea how to get into those settings? I've got to the BIOS but the only mention of memory is the amount there.

TheLiger, Sep 10, 2015
  6. If your laptop doesn't provide documentation on how to enter the BIOS/UEFI setup screens, you could try checking the ASUS website to see if you can download the manual or post in the ASUS support forums.

Mark Phelps, Sep 10, 2015
  7. TheLiger Win User
    Thanks Mark, need to have a look.

TheLiger, Sep 10, 2015
  8. TheLiger Win User

Memory Speed

So I've managed to get into the BIOS or UEFI and there are no settings for memory.

It simply says 'Memory Information' then shows 16GB.

TheLiger, Sep 11, 2015
  9. tinmar49 Win User
    Download CPUID, task manager may be mistaken.

tinmar49, Sep 13, 2015
  10. TheLiger Win User
    Does this look right, CL should be 11 why is it up at 15?

Memory Speed [​IMG]

TheLiger, Sep 13, 2015
  11. tinmar49 Win User
    The frequency is ok, and the timings are shown as 11-12-13-35, I can't see a 15.

tinmar49, Sep 13, 2015
  12. TheLiger Win User
    Thanks Tinmar, its the numbers in the JEDEC the image on the right, has me panicking.

TheLiger, Sep 13, 2015
  13. tinmar49 Win User

Memory Speed

Glad to be of help, I had to double check my own first, CPUZ shows the true frequency, mine is 800/8-8-8-24.

tinmar49, Sep 13, 2015
  14. TheLiger Win User
    Excellent thanks, so you think the speeds look good and nothings being held back?

TheLiger, Sep 14, 2015
  15. tinmar49 Win User
    Looks hunky dory to me.

tinmar49, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

Memory Speed

1. Memory Speed - Similar Threads - Memory Speed

2. how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?: i am trying to buy another hard drive for my laptop and i do not know the speed of my hard drive.the speed is not written on my old hard drive where can i find this information.? please Help....
  3. how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?: i am trying to buy another hard drive for my laptop and i do not know the speed of my hard drive.the speed is not written on my old hard drive where can i find this information.? please Help....
  4. CPU speed and memory speed match?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU speed and memory speed match?: Would upgrading to a faster DDR4 increase the speed of processing? CPU: Intel(R) Coffee Lake Pentium(R) Gold G5600 CPU @ 3.90GHz Motherboard: ASRock B360 Pro4 Socket 1151 Memory: 16GB DDR4 KHX2400C 171798
  5. Can’t Hit Memory XMP Speeds On AMD AM4? Try Hard Resetting The EFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t Hit Memory XMP Speeds On AMD AM4? Try Hard Resetting The EFI: I've seen a few posts on AMD boards and XMP memory issues posted here so I thought I'd post this article I ran into while visiting another tech forum. Below is the actual article from TechGage.... Can’t Hit Memory XMP Speeds On AMD AM4? Try Hard Resetting The EFI The...
  6. Task Manager displays reduced memory speed in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager displays reduced memory speed in Windows 10 version 1903: After upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903, in the Performance tab of Task Manager reports a memory speed that is half the speed it was in previous versions of Windows 10. But if I check the memory speed in my BIOS settings or using another app, the speed is displayed as...
  7. Task Manager displays reduced memory speed in Windows 10 version 1903

Task Manager displays reduced memory speed in Windows 10 version 1903: After upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903, in the Performance tab of Task Manager, it reports a memory speed that is half the speed it was in previous versions of Windows 10. But if I check the memory speed in my BIOS settings or using another app, the RAM speed is...
  8. Upload Speeds vary with CPU/memory loads?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload Speeds vary with CPU/memory loads?: Hi, I have noticed something strange in Windows 10 behavior over past few months. Consider this: If I am uploading or attaching something to email and CPU/Memory utilization is LOW around 20-30%, the uploads are SUPER SLOW over wifi But If I am running a lots of...
  9. Memory clock speed slows down after a month of installing Windows.

Memory clock speed slows down after a month of installing Windows.: One month ago, I posted on here about how all of the sudden my RAM clock speed went from being 3000MHz to 1067MHz just one month after a fresh install of windows. None of the answers I received were helpful and I ultimately installed windows again with the latest version and...
  10. Windows 10 1903 causing Memory leaks and task manager showing wrong RAM speed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 causing Memory leaks and task manager showing wrong RAM speed.: After updating from windows 10 1809 to 1903, the task manager shows wrong memory speed as 2133Mhz. Earlier it used to show 2400 Mhz. Also, after updating to windows 10 1903, the was rapid and sudden spikes in RAM usage, like rapid ups and downs. After reboot, the system stays...