Windows 10: Memory Standby High

Discus and support Memory Standby High in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason, my standby memory is really high, and when I empty it using RamMap it comes back like a 100 megabytes a second.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rasula, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Rasula Win User

Memory Standby High

For some reason, my standby memory is really high, and when I empty it using RamMap it comes back like a 100 megabytes a second.

:)

Rasula, Oct 6, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2019
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    [Question] Clearing Standby memory when free memory reaches some level

Why do you think it necessary to free standby memory?
    The normal state for available memory is on the standby list, not free. Windows was designed to function optimally with zero free memory. I have often seen this with no issues of any kind. The ideal would be zero free memory at all times but we are not there yet.

I have tried a number of these memory cleaners (just for experimental purposes) and have been thoroughly unimpressed.

LMiller7, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Memory Standby High

Free Standby Memory without a Reboot

I may be too late, but since no one has mentioned Empty Standby List command line, I thought of including it here.

I am using Empty Standby List Empty Standby List

Then I created a batch file which will automatically clear the standby memory every 5 minutes = 300 seconds (which can be adjusted to your own liking). I will let this run on the background (run as admin as well). This works with my Windows 7 Professional x64.

EDIT: Removed unnecessary " that was causing batch file to fail

newbie programmerz, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Memory Standby High

1. Memory Standby High - Similar Threads - Memory Standby High

2. Standby Memory filling up quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby Memory filling up quickly: I understand that this seemed to be a Windows 10 problem, and any solutions I find online don't seem to help. My standby memory fills up my free space on my laptop so quickly, and I don't know what could be causing it. It's hindering my game performance causing minor glitches...
  3. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  4. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  5. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. High Standby Memory usage

High Standby Memory usage: Standby memory cache is something that Windows is has from a lot of time, and actually increase performance a lot and is a good thing, but what is not a good thing is that on my 4 GB RAM, it dumps a lot if cache in memory. In resource monitor and in task manager, I see that...
  7. High Memory

High Memory: Hi, I built a brand new pc, drivers up to date and have a problem with high memory, over 6GB of ram on dwm.exe alone [ATTACH] PC: Intel I5 10th Gen 10400 No GPU YET XPG D60G 2x8GB RGB 3200mhz 650W Corsair Tuf Z490-Plus Wifi Updated everything Only using 1 165hz...
  8. Releasing Standby memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Releasing Standby memory: Windows 10 Pro, 32GB memory, 970 GTX GPU. Ordinary boring, but previously very capable desktop. I'm running a couple Adobe tools. Needless to say, they are total pigs. And it appears they've gotten WORSE in the current version. When the Adobe products are up and running,...
  9. standby memory not releasing

standby memory not releasing: Windows 10 ver 1903 standby memory not releasing, have to use Rammap all the time. All drivers are up to date, no malware or virus, any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standby-memory-not-releasing/e5341242-acc1-4a88-927d-bf7842fd3a54
  10. Standby memory and gaming dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    Standby memory and gaming dilemma: After experiencing frequent crashing with The Sims 2, I applied the standby memory fix, setting the Task Scheduler to clear standby memory every 5 minutes. It solved my crashing, but it seems to come with the price of making the general Windows system hang and lag constantly...