Windows 10: Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop

Discus and support Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I wondered if someone can advise me please.I have a Lenovo gaming laptop Windows 11 and am wanting to purchase a new game that requires the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Annabel Booth, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop

Hi,I wondered if someone can advise me please.I have a Lenovo gaming laptop Windows 11 and am wanting to purchase a new game that requires the following:Memory: 16 GB RAMStorage: 85 GB available spaceHowever, according to my storage settings, I only have 27.4 GB free:I'd just like help with a few things please:What's the difference between 'memory' and 'storage', and how can I see how much 'memory' I have available? Sorry for the silly question, I'm not that good with technology/computers. It says I've used 26.2 GB on 'Mail', but I uninstalled the Windows Mail app months ago, so what can thi

:)

Annabel Booth, Feb 3, 2023

2. [Win10]Memory leak?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for showing interest in Windows 10 and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to stop the game from the Task Manager and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Follow the below steps to run Windows Memory Diagnostic:

• Type memory diagnostic in the search bar and click on the
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Click on Restart now and check for the problems (Recommended).

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know. We would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 3, 2023
  3. New Laptop constantly low on memory.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive low memory error even though it has 8 gb of RAM. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

Corruptions in Windows components, Ram not accessing its full capacity, multiple files opened on the computer etc.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up

unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the computer is using its full memory.

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Go to Advance options and check if you have choosen use Maximum memory.
    • If not, I suggest you to place a check mark, restart the computer and check if that helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop

phone memory issue

Hi Venkata,

To resolve you issue with Windows phone storage, we would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• What model of phone are you using?
    • Do you have an SD card inserted?

For some tips and steps to prevent full memory, we suggest that you visit this link:

Storage on my phone.

We also suggest that you
    Use OneDrive on Windows phone
    for additional storage.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop

1. Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop - Similar Threads - Memory Storage Queries

2. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage space...
  3. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage pool...
  4. Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory/Storage Queries for Gaming Laptop: Hi,I wondered if someone can advise me please.I have a Lenovo gaming laptop Windows 11 and am wanting to purchase a new game that requires the following:Memory: 16 GB RAMStorage: 85 GB available spaceHowever, according to my storage settings, I only have 27.4 GB free:I'd just...
  5. Antimalware service memory usage query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware service memory usage query: Antimalware service executable is constantly eating around 400mb of my 8gb ram. My CPU and disk usage is fine. I tried disabling windows defender scan schedules via task scheduler and also added antimalware service to windows defender exclusions. Didn't work. Is there any...
  6. Virtual Storage/Storage System/Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Storage/Storage System/Memory: So I am trying to play an game and it keeps saying there is no room in virtual storage, how can I fix this? Along with me noticing my memory is always almost maxed out is their an way I can fix this?...
  7. Query related to Installed Memory on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query related to Installed Memory on PC: I have a Dell E5450 running x64-bit Windows 10 Pro. I have a installed physical memory of 8 GB out of which total physical memory is showing 7.89 GB and available physical memory of 4.15 GB. I don't understand why there is such a huge gap in between these. I checked the...
  8. storage Query

storage Query: Hope someone can help. I have an Asus tablet with 29gb of memory. when trying to update to latest version of Windows10, I am told that I have used 28.1gb of memory I Have nothing on my hard drive I have removed everything. So I connected my external hard drive with 1tb of...
  9. Memory card storage

Memory card storage: The memory card storage on my Lenovo Ideapad 110 isn't being seen any more; how can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-card-storage/0ce2a455-036e-4796-a3cb-e6a832a68cda"
  10. Reset PC and storage/external drives query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC and storage/external drives query: I was wondering if anyone could advise me. I'm needing to reinstall Windows, and I figured I may as well use the reset feature. Would I need to disconnect my external drives and internal storage drive first, to isolate the SSD/C:? Or is it clever enough to leave the storage...