Windows 10: Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager

Discus and support Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying live chat. I'M TRYING!!! but person keeps getting back to me already 3 times with how to fix STORAGE and how to perform other unnecessary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xMagicxs, Aug 8, 2019.

1. xMagicxs Win User

Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager

I'm trying live chat. I'M TRYING!!! but person keeps getting back to me already 3 times with how to fix STORAGE and how to perform other unnecessary things. I'm wondering, is this seriously happening? Are live chat agents just bunch of kids doing random troubleshooting steps. I need help, please.

Here is the deal, I've switched to win10 from 7 about a couple months ago and every now and then I notice stutter after a couple of days during gaming it was very transparent. Today it really hit me and I'm drawing the line that something needs to be done.

When system is booted, everything is fine. But when I put it to sleep and use it and sleep, and about 3 to 5 days go by doing this. I will notice stuttering.

Today it was extremely bad and I saw it showed 99% memory usage. But I didn't put the PC to sleep last night. I just left it on.

I could barely use the PC, pressing windows start icon and it wouldn't even open for about a whole minute. It was that bad.

Surely I could restart and everything would be working fine, but I can't always do that. I leave things open such as chrome tabs (usually about 10).

After about 15 minutes the memory usage went down to about 35%. I can't figure out how it fixed itself.

What on earth caused the system to be using 99% memory and why did it return to normal.... This was really frustrating because of having to go to work and needing to use the PC quickly before I head out was important. I've never experienced this issue with win 7 even when leaving the PC on 24/7 for months.

I would like some proper way to find the culprit and this person I'm having live chat is suggesting I disable everything that's not Microsoft during boot. How will this help when at boot it's working it's best. And I don't have unnecessary things running otherwise I would disable them.

Win 64 2019. All the latest updates

16GB ram

nvme SSD 660p

1070 GTX

:)

xMagicxs, Aug 8, 2019
  2. 1AlM Win User

Win 10 Task Manager and Memory Issue

Thanks for the reply Jim.

I was sure I had typed the command correctly. As for the memory issues, I've noticed that when I check the Performance tab, it shows the memory usage as a physical amount used out of 16GB, so it appears as you suggested that the 1st page in the task manager
    dialogue incorrectly reports the percentage of memory in use as a percentage of memory overall.

Many thanks for the reply.

1AlM, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Aug 8, 2019
  4. badboo Win User

Task Manager indicates 99-100% disc usage

Hello,

I have an Asus Aspire laptop running 64bit Windows 10

I've noticed that at start up and intermitently during usage the pc slows down and most programs become unresponsive. The Task Manager indicates that the disc usage is at 99-100%. But as per the inserted image the values for the disc usageof active processes
    doesnt add up to anywhere near 100%

Can anyone suggest a cause and solution?

Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager 67f58f1c-6540-4fa3-ab46-2e51a5419881.jpg

badboo, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager - Similar Threads - Memory usage 99%

2. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  3. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  4. How to reduce memory usage in task manager .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce memory usage in task manager .: i would like to reduce my memory usage . i tried disabling some services like background intelligent transfer service , sysmain , window search . i did disabled some startup app in taskmanager.my window 11 is up to date for patches . its current in...
  5. How to reduce memory usage in task manager .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce memory usage in task manager .: i would like to reduce my memory usage . i tried disabling some services like background intelligent transfer service , sysmain , window search . i did disabled some startup app in taskmanager.my window 11 is up to date for patches . its current in...
  6. How to reduce memory usage in task manager .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. RAM usage doesn't add up in task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM usage doesn't add up in task manager: I only have a few programs open but my RAM is sitting at 75%: https://i.imgur.com/VhLQDb3.png The software I have open doesn't even add up to close to this value: https://i.imgur.com/XbdZmAd.png RAMMap shows this too: https://i.imgur.com/vtrfqCF.png But I'm not sure what...
  8. WHAT is eating up all my memory/RAM? Task manager not adding up to 16GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT is eating up all my memory/RAM? Task manager not adding up to 16GB: [ATTACH] I have 16 GB of RAM installed, but my Windows 10 PC is not acting like it! As you can see in my screenshot, it says I am at 75% memory usage even though the biggest programs are taking up ~3GB. So what is happening to the rest of my RAM? As you can also see...
  9. 99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    99% Memory usage only sums up to 3GB something when I have 16GB installed and this is...: Screenshots: http://prntscr.com/r6ocmw http://prntscr.com/r6ocso Please help submitted by /u/D-Daniel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8j3jo/99_memory_usage_only_sums_up_to_3gb_something/
  10. Task manager not showing complete memory usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task manager not showing complete memory usage?: Hi, I have 4GB of DDR3 ram on my laptop. When I go into the task manager to check how much ram is being used, it says only 795MB and yet it also says that 94% is being used. This is always the case, of course with varying numbers. The memory usage shown does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Version 1903 99% cpu and memory