Windows 10: Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why.

Discus and support Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I've had a memory usage problem for a while, prior to this one, a driver caused my memory usage to rocket up but now that i have uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KatibHussain, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why.

So I've had a memory usage problem for a while, prior to this one, a driver caused my memory usage to rocket up but now that i have uninstalled the driver i'm not sure what i can do about the rest of the memory, even though my memory usage on my acount is low, the entire system for some reason is far higher, the following pictures are to show you what i mean.
    Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why. [​IMG]

Im not sure where the others 3 gigs from the 5.6 and the 2.3 gigs goes, if anyone knows why this is please do say and if there is a solution to this, i would very much appreciate if you shared it *Smile
    Thanks!

:)

KatibHussain, Dec 22, 2016

2. Can I end my system and compressed memory NT Kernel & System

this task is high CPU usage .. and high memory usage

sengaloun sounthaly, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    System & Reserved almost full?

Hi William,

Regarding your iMac storage usage concern, we suggest that it would be best to contact Apple support to better assist you and determine why you have a high System & Reserved memory usage.

Regards.

Remon Ont, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why.

Not exactly sure how to answer this.

Your memory is being used by "things" either you start, or are started for you when your system starts or they are Windows processes. Exactly what your vendor loaded and what you've loaded into your machine people on the forum wouldn't know.

In your screen shots, right beside your user picture/icon is a little arrow head. If you click on it will show you what makes up the 2.3GB.

For the 3 GB click on Processes. If you want more columns of info, right click in the column headings. You will get a drop down and you can add a column for type, process name and command line. If you left click in the column headings it should sort the column allowing you to see heavy hitters. If it sorts column ascending and you want descending click again.

Hopefully this will give you insight into where the big chunks are going. Check your startup tab in the task manager to see what is being started. Some can be disabled with no real impact, some will have an immediate impact.

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
  5. I have almost the same problem as mine goes to the whole 16Gigs of ram and stays like that *Sad
    Still looking for a solution. How can i figure out if a driver is causing this ?

JordanMihailov, Dec 23, 2016
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hello mate not an expert and have only limited knowledge of 10 right now as I am used to 7 but just out of curiosity what AV are you using??

ICIT2LOL, Dec 23, 2016
  7. Right now i use Avast.

JordanMihailov, Dec 23, 2016
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why.

Ok now just how much memory is that process taking up??

Edit: Sorry but am going to have to go offline right now because of my broadband being simple atrocious but will be back.

ICIT2LOL, Dec 23, 2016
  9. Folks, open up task manager and look in processes and user tab. Expand, add columns as appropriate and then sort. See what is taken up the memory, real heavy hitters and post. Also look in Startup tab and have a rough idea of what each item does.

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
  10. From what i can see, google chrome uses the most amount of memory, yet it only uses 1.2 Gigs of memory from what i can tell, the sum of all the other processes doesn't even come close to the 5 Gigs, the other 3 gigs I'm not sure where its gone but I can tell from the user processes and the processes tab, that they are both below 2.5 Gigs, which still cant explain the memory usage.
    I used Malwarebytes (but I also have Avira Antivirus) to see if it found anything to resolve the issue but i guess not and also my startup programs are mostly disabled only about 6 are enabled. Still cant seem to figure it out.

Edit: My startup programs, for the column "Startup Impact", most of the are "None" and the rest are "Not Measured" so I dont think my startup programs are too much of a problem, although Avira is i think has a high impact but it comes as "Not Measured."

KatibHussain, Dec 23, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Could you post a screenshot of the memory usage of the processes please.

12. Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why. [​IMG]

As you'd imagine it would be less than 7 MB memory usage below that point
    Memory usage as a whole = 5.3 Gigs
    User Memory Usage as a whole = 2.4 Gigs

No other accounts have been logged onto so its only this users memory usage.

13. Borg 386 Win User

I posted this in another thread, but you might want to d/l & run this program, it's free.

RAMMap

Also, Process Explorer, another free program, is better to use then the task manger. It gives much more information on the running processes to further investigate problems.

Process Explorer

Borg 386, Dec 23, 2016
  14. Thank you very much, I've downloaded RAMMap and it showed some interesting stuff, it seems like my mapped file's and shareable take a considerable chunk of my memory.

Any suggestions to what i can do about this? Anything here that i havent pointed out as well feel free to post and suggest some solutions to them.

15. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hmm seems lie you are getting on top of it with the others but I was going to ask how much RAM the AV was taking up as I know from the past it can eat away at the memory although probably not that much.

I don't know about the others but I would even try running this Download WinDirStat to see what is actually eating up anything.

ICIT2LOL, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Memory Usage High but I'm Not Sure Why. - Similar Threads - Memory Usage High

2. High Memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory usage: I've been trying to look around the various questions that have popped up about the higher memory usage knowledge bases, the trouble is it's a hidden process, I use chrome allot which does reach around 2-4gb out of the 32gb I have, however the rest of the memory processes do...
  3. High memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage: So, when I startup my 8gb ram laptop, the idle usage is at 60%. When I play video games, its at 96% when I usually had only 80%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/d8973f8f-f580-44f2-906b-d27a6a165923
  4. high memory usage

high memory usage: my win 10 laptop is having 1 tb hdd i3 processor 4 gb ram and it is just 6 months old but still it always have 70 % of memory filled how do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/a41d323d-8ce1-4576-9263-1463e9ab38c9
  5. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: [ATTACH] Hi guys, does anyone know why my RAM usage is that high? It should be around 5-10% usage, but there's not. https://preview.redd.it/gnzfceilfoa61.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=369518cf957cbd3592609378046ed41a69b3b0cc...
  6. High Memory Usage

High Memory Usage: I bought a new HP in October with Windows 10. I have PC Matic anti virus. My Memory is running 80% all of a sudden. My disk and CPU are both good. I am not very good with computers. How do I fix this. Please Help....
  7. Random High CPU Usage, Not Sure Why...

Random High CPU Usage, Not Sure Why...: I've been getting occasional high CPU spikes, and I'm not sure what's causing it. I suspect windows defender, but it doesn't seem to add up. Here is a picture during a spike... My CPU is an intel 6700k and when this happens and I check the temps, they seem fine. I would...
  8. High Memory Usage.

High Memory Usage.: Hello, I recently faced issues with memory in my Dell Inspiron 5559. I am having high memory usage error. It uses 80% memory already. Can anyone help me ASAP? Regards, Ayan. please call me Ayan and sorry for my bad english...
  9. High memory usage

High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...
  10. High memory usage

High memory usage: Apparently this is also using memory in my graphics card because I get a message in games even on very low graphics that I'm using more than my graphics card's available memory. I've got 16GB Ram and Nvidia 1050 Ti so this shouldn't be a problem. https://imgur.com/a/zQtlWqM...