Windows 10: Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch

Discus and support Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,We have a .Net Application which suddenly started taking about 10G to 14GB of Memory when run on Windows 10 1909 machine with KB5001337 Patch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anitha_Fid, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch

Hi,We have a .Net Application which suddenly started taking about 10G to 14GB of Memory when run on Windows 10 1909 machine with KB5001337 Patch applied to it.. On uninstalling this package, we get the Memory usage by this application back to nominal amount 100 -200MB...Looking at the Information provided by the MS website for that patch it did mention issue with Scroll bar, however I do not see any issues with scroll bars in my application but see a huge consumption of Memory...Scroll bar controls might appear blank on the screen and not function after installing this update. This

:)

Anitha_Fid, Apr 30, 2021

2. Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

I ran PoolMonX first with the memory usage high, and then right after rebooting. Here are the two screenshots I took.
    Just after rebooting:

Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch [​IMG]

High memory usage:

Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch [​IMG]

From these screenshots, it seems as if Process objects and Thread objects are the main culprits behind the non-paged pool leak.

allam447635, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Spectrum Win User
    Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

I understand the overall memory usage is gradually increasing, but is the non-paged pool also increasing?

Spectrum, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch

Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

Yes, it is also gradually increasing.

allam447635, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch

1. Memory usage increase after applying KB5001337 Patch - Similar Threads - Memory usage increase

2. Increase memory usage in Win-11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase memory usage in Win-11?: Hi, I have a NEW install of Win-11-ProI have a computer with 8-core Xeon CPU an 64gb RAM, 2tb SSDI want to get the most out of my computer I see that Win-11 is only using 8gb of RAMIs there any way to increase the amount of RAM Win-11 uses so that I can get Faster performance...
  3. Increase memory usage in Win-11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase memory usage in Win-11?: Hi, I have a NEW install of Win-11-ProI have a computer with 8-core Xeon CPU an 64gb RAM, 2tb SSDI want to get the most out of my computer I see that Win-11 is only using 8gb of RAMIs there any way to increase the amount of RAM Win-11 uses so that I can get Faster performance...
  4. System memory usage gradually increase until 100%.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System memory usage gradually increase until 100%.: Hi,I am facing a strange problem. After the system is restarted the memory usage is 10-15%.After sometimes the usage gradually goes up to near 100%...I am using windows 10.The windows machine is running under proxmox virtual machine.I give it 24 gb memory. I cannot find any...
  5. System memory usage gradually increase until 100%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System memory usage gradually increase until 100%.: Hi,I am facing a strange problem. After the system is restarted the memory usage is 10-15%.After sometimes the usage gradually goes up to near 100%...I am using windows 10.The windows machine is running under proxmox virtual machine.I give it 24 gb memory. I cannot find any...
  6. KB5001337 update on W10 WindowsFormsHost memory leaks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001337 update on W10 WindowsFormsHost memory leaks: Hi,we have a WPF application that uses WinForms class library responsible for graphs rendering. It is injected in main WPF application by WindowsFomrsHost XAML element. Installation of cummulative windows 10 update KB5001337 introduced sort of memory leak in this part of...
  7. BSOD and Virtual Memory usage steadily increasing

BSOD and Virtual Memory usage steadily increasing: I have a Vivobook S14 with it being up to date to Windows. I installed a third party program which tracks memory and cleans it. Whenever I check it, virtual memory usage always starts to slowly increase. Once it reaches 98%,simple programs like Google Chrome start to fail,...
  8. Windows 10 increase memory usage after update to version 1809

Windows 10 increase memory usage after update to version 1809: on 14/12/2018 my system updated to the 1809 version 17766.194 OS Build. after update i noticed that my system was using more RAM then before, on startup and without launching any apps the system was using 5Gb of RAM, compared to before it was around 3Gb....
  9. Windows Explorer High CPU and Increasing Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Increasing Memory Usage: Hi, I have an issue with my clean 1809 install (and also it happened before the clean install, and i decided to try a clean one due to it). After a few minutes, the Windows Explorer process starts increasing its memory usage and also CPU is around 10%; i'm up to 2gb usage...
  10. Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak (usage gradually increases): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have noticed something. The memory usage gradually increases over time (starts off just under 30%, takes only a few days to climb to 50%, depending on how many programs I use) and I inevitably have to reboot, after which the whole cycle...