Windows 10: Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60%

Discus and support Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When my laptop is idling nothing open, just after restart the memory is always at about 50%. Is this a normal thing?Specs: Processor IntelR CoreTM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blackbiter, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60%

When my laptop is idling nothing open, just after restart the memory is always at about 50%. Is this a normal thing?Specs: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Screenshot of processes:Thanks in advance

:)

Blackbiter, Sep 14, 2021

2. 60% Memory Usage AT IDLE

I have around 60% RAM usage AT IDLE. No apps open. 12 GBs of ram. That's 7.2 GBs of RAM used to do nothing but start the pc up and idle at the desktop. how is this possible? I don't even have any apps open. Some big contributors is "Search" (I'm norwegian
    so in the picture it says "Søk"), Antimalvare Service Executable (Windows Defender, which I have disabled but still is active!), and "System" (ntoskrnl.exe which I don't how to disable [it used to use half a gigabyte before but now it only uses 60 megabytes]).

In the picture google chrome is open but it is only around 3% of ram. Closing it and force exiting google chrome from Task Manager makes my RAM usage idle at 57%

Picture:

Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60% 501c8bdc-a7d4-42a7-a184-3e724fa1f356.png

This leaves me with 4 and a half GBs of ram. Fallout 4 uses around 4 gbs of ram and just crashed on me after posting this. I can't even use my computer for gaming. I need this fixed or else my $900 I spent on this computer was a waste.

ZyC3Grubby, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Windows defender taking up 50-60% of memory

Hello,
    I have a win 10 arcade cabinet running big box. Recently, it’s been running very slow. I went to the task manager and noticed the anti-malware executable is using 50-60% of memory resources. Cpu usage does not seem high, just ram.

I’ve googled until I can google no more, I can’t seem to find anything that anyone suggests that will work. I’ve tried random things from google results and none of it does anything.

Tackett1980, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60%

cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

Hi Experts,

I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing.

recently upgraded to window 10 1093.

since then i am having issues with my pc.

When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rithvik Rai

rithvikrai, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60%

1. Memory Usage when idling at ~50%-60% - Similar Threads - Memory Usage idling

2. Memory usage showing more than 50% when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory usage showing more than 50% when idle: My Memory usage, in a new bought laptop ,when the system is idle ,shows memory in-use to be more than 50% , except for chrome I have not installed anything in the laptop yet. Please help me sort this issue...
  3. Memory usage showing more than 50% when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory usage showing more than 50% when idle: My Memory usage, in a new bought laptop ,when the system is idle ,shows memory in-use to be more than 50% , except for chrome I have not installed anything in the laptop yet. Please help me sort this issue...
  4. Memory Usage at 50% to 60% with no other apps running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Usage at 50% to 60% with no other apps running: I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 and I have noticed how my memory usage is always at 50% up to 60% even when I don't have any apps running. I don't think that is normal. Can you please help me. I have 8GB RAM and 512 SSD....
  5. Memory Usage at 50% to 60% with no other apps running

Memory Usage at 50% to 60% with no other apps running: I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 and I have noticed how my memory usage is always at 50% up to 60% even when I don't have any apps running. I don't think that is normal. Can you please help me. I have 8GB RAM and 512 SSD....
  6. ram usage is more than 50 % when idle

ram usage is more than 50 % when idle: im using windows 11, now it using over 60% dont know how to stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage-is-more-than-50-when-idle/26cb1469-2f3f-4804-a52f-7e0ead4aa99a
  7. memory idle at 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory idle at 60%: for a while my memory has been idle at 60-70% and basically running any game will cause my pc to freeze or crashive tied sfc scan, malwarebytes, safe boot, turning off settings, clearing space but nothing has worked, using process hacker i can see its mostly dwm using 4 gb of...
  8. memory at 60% idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory at 60% idle: ive tried deleting unwanted files apps and running sfc scan, but nothing workstask manager is showing nothing is using memory but process hacker says otherwise, but most of the processes are windowsprivate bytes in process hacker is memory i have 8 gigs of ram...
  9. RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM at 50%-60% of 16gb when idle: It has been like this for a week. I ran a malwarebytes scan it showed no threats ram from task manager: https://imgur.com/a/g3C43dI submitted by /u/DarthTurska [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1n2va/ram_at_5060_of_16gb_when_idle/
  10. Memory usage 50% while idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory usage 50% while idle: When i open task manager it says 47-50% of memory is being used while theres only 3-7% cpu usage and 0% disk usage. The reason is because there apps in the background using it and i dont know how to stop it. submitted by /u/EdgeFail [link] [comments]...