Windows 10: Memory Usage

Discus and support Memory Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a pc about 3 days ago and my memory usage slowly increases untill my pc crashes. When i go into task manager and look at processes, all i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cayne_7, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Cayne_7 Win User

Memory Usage

I just bought a pc about 3 days ago and my memory usage slowly increases untill my pc crashes. When i go into task manager and look at processes, all i see is a bunch of windows services. They all continue to rise at about .1Mb a second. Ive tryed a few fixes ive seen im forums, but nothing works. It does this with nothing open except task manager. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Cayne_7, Jul 19, 2019

2. 100% Memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if this helps.

You need to increase the virtual memory by making it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive
    in each drive.

To do this, follow the steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Memory Usage

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Memory Usage

1. Memory Usage - Similar Threads - Memory Usage

2. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8an2klfgwcpc1.png?width=615&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f8925be626965edf38406f5a7924ef29e277ff8 submitted by /u/SkrSkrWhizzingRound [link] [comments]...
  3. High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager: Hi, I am posting this because I found that my Desktop Windows Manager is using more memory than normal, I tried the solutions I have found on internet and windows forum but don't seems to work. I currently have 2 sticks 16gb of RAM so 32gb of ram and I have seen that I should...
  4. High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager: Hi, I am posting this because I found that my Desktop Windows Manager is using more memory than normal, I tried the solutions I have found on internet and windows forum but don't seems to work. I currently have 2 sticks 16gb of RAM so 32gb of ram and I have seen that I should...
  5. Help with high memory usage while idle and nothing open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with high memory usage while idle and nothing open: Hello, I noticed I'm having high ram usage when my pc is idle. I just restarted my computer in these screenshots so I don't believe it is a memory leak. i have virtually nothing open to use them ram either. Can anyone help with this?...
  6. Help with high memory usage while idle and nothing open

Help with high memory usage while idle and nothing open: Hello, I noticed I'm having high ram usage when my pc is idle. I just restarted my computer in these screenshots so I don't believe it is a memory leak. i have virtually nothing open to use them ram either. Can anyone help with this?...
  7. Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks: Hello, I bought a new PC in 2021. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz Installed RAM: 24.0 GB 23.8 GB usable initially it was 8 GB but I installed an extra 16 GB I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I think Windows 11 is great but I'm just curious...
  8. Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks

Wondering why is memory usage at 6.7 GB even when no programs are open? Thanks: Hello, I bought a new PC in 2021. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz Installed RAM: 24.0 GB 23.8 GB usable initially it was 8 GB but I installed an extra 16 GB I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I think Windows 11 is great but I'm just curious...
  9. Is Anyone Else Experiencing Higher 'Windows Security Health Service' Memory Usage Lately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Anyone Else Experiencing Higher 'Windows Security Health Service' Memory Usage Lately?: I've noticed this over the past few days, but I'm unsure when exactly this started; it might have been caused by the latest Cumulative Updates on the 14th or the latest Platform Update for Defender on the 23rdit's normal for Antimalware Service Executable to use 150-300MB of...
  10. Is Anyone Else Experiencing Higher 'Windows Security Health Service' Memory Usage Lately?

Is Anyone Else Experiencing Higher 'Windows Security Health Service' Memory Usage Lately?: I've noticed this over the past few days, but I'm unsure when exactly this started; it might have been caused by the latest Cumulative Updates on the 14th or the latest Platform Update for Defender on the 23rdit's normal for Antimalware Service Executable to use 150-300MB of...