Windows 10: Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST

Discus and support Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Built a triple screen setup with AOC Agon 31.5 inch monitors (1ms 165hz). My PC specs: i7 7700k processor, 1 stick of RAM Corsair Vengeance 16gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carlospanades, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST

Built a triple screen setup with AOC Agon 31.5 inch monitors (1ms 165hz).

My PC specs: i7 7700k processor, 1 stick of RAM Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3000Mhz (at the A2 slot in mobo), GTX 1080Ti, Asus Maximus Hero IX motherboard, Corsair 850w psu. Windows 10 Pro legit fully updated.

I was using the pc for 5 years with single 60hz screen and started to have random crashes and blue screen and after I use Memtes86 I figured out that my second stick of Ram was bad and performed the test with lots of errors, so I got rid of it and used just the other stick which passed all tests with zero errors.

First time I setup Nvidia Surround worked ok. Memory was set with XMP on as always has been. After the first restart, Windows did not POST. No video signal at all, not even the Asus logo showed up. Tried hard reset it couple times and the same behaviour, no video signal.

I decided to take XMP off then. Windows POSTed just fine, with Nvidia Surround On.

Now that I described what is happening, after some tests I have the current scenario:

-Turn on PC with Surround Enabled and XMP On: Windows can't get POST.

-Turn on PC with Surround Disabled and XMP On: Windows POST fine.

-Turn on PC with XMP off and Surround On: Windows POST fine.

-Turn on PC with XMP on and Surround Off and then Enabling Surround: Windows works fine and don't crash at all.

-Put Windows to sleep with XMP and Surround On and then waking it up, Windows works fine and don't crash at all.

So that is quite weird and I would like to try to identify and possibly fix this issue.

I appreciate all help.

submitted by /u/carlospanades
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/carlospanades, Jan 4, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Can’t Hit Memory XMP Speeds On AMD AM4? Try Hard Resetting The EFI

I've seen a few posts on AMD boards and XMP memory issues posted here so I thought I'd post this article I ran into while visiting another tech forum. Below is the actual article from TechGage....

The author says their experience is from swapping CPU's and only a hard reset (clear CMOS) of the BIOS worked. There's also a thread at overclock.net on this - [TechGage] Can’t Hit Memory XMP Speeds On AMD AM4? Try Hard Resetting The EFI.

Perhaps those with XMP memory issues on AMD systems might consider this? I don't have an AMD system so I can't say.

Anyway Just FYI.

sygnus21, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Error: 801812C1 for AT&T's HTC Surround

Hi, I have a HTC Surround on AT&T and I was going to update my phone for the March 2011 NoDo update. After the 6th step an error code of: 801812C1, I did the steps twice to fix the issue of some sort of driver update that my phone needed but as I did the
    steps I still can't get the March 2011 NoDo Update. Does anyone know a way to fix this problem?

EmmanuelGonzalez, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST

1. Memory XMP and Nvidia Surround On - Can't get POST - Similar Threads - Memory XMP Nvidia

2. Nvidia Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Virtual memory: Hello everyone, I'm having a very annoying problem with my nvidia virtual memory/windows registry. I decided to try to increase my dedicated video memory so I went to my windows registry and selected the local h key machine, and then software, there was a Nvidia drop down, I...
  3. Nvidia Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Virtual memory: Hello everyone, I'm having a very annoying problem with my nvidia virtual memory/windows registry. I decided to try to increase my dedicated video memory so I went to my windows registry and selected the local h key machine, and then software, there was a Nvidia drop down, I...
  4. XMP issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    XMP issue?: My ram speed was 2133MHz and after i enabled XMP my ram speed increased to 2666MHzMy ram is G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 3600MHzso why iam not getting my full ram speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xmp-issue/ab2eaa62-f4d0-43dd-97e7-0fb94c5a1f0c
  5. XMP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  6. XMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  7. XMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't get surround sound via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get surround sound via HDMI: hey. My HDMI plug to LG TV LGTV EDID only 2ch. there is any way to passthrough 5.1? even if i'm change in game settings to 5.1 i'm getting only stereo. submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  9. What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is Nvidia "span displays with surround" option: I found this "surround" configuration screen in the Nvidia control panel. So I switched it on. So whazzup with that. I went from having the desktop spread across two screens ... ... to having the desktop spread across two screens. Am I missing something? 86431
  10. Can't start or get to POST?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't start or get to POST?: My 7 YO laptop wouldn't show anything on the screen a few months ago. Power light comes on, but can hear a click (like HDD trying to come on), but not always. Power port was replaced a few years ago. I pulled my Win10 HDD out & put in a blank, formatted one to try and...