Windows 10: Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?

Discus and support Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues with my computer. I've ran Memtest86 with 4 passes and zero errors. My RAM is 3600mHz CL16 16Gb (2x8Gb).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Skones, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Skones Win User

Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?

I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues with my computer.

I've ran Memtest86 with 4 passes and zero errors.

My RAM is 3600mHz CL16 16Gb (2x8Gb).

Should I do 8 passes when I get home from work or would that be unnecessary?

:)

Skones, Oct 21, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

BSOD USB or Mouse related I think

Passed Memtest 86+ version 5.01 with 8 passes 0 errors 16GB RAM.
    For any bsod please post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

When available please update the progress from the steps in post #4.

zbook, Oct 21, 2020
  3. random BSODs kernel mode trap 7f

okay so i dont know how to get memtest 86 to run 8 passes because it says it only allows 4 passes on the free version. but it has run two spereate time and passed all 4 runs with no errors.

nicklindenmuth, Oct 21, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Constant BSOD with different stop codes

There are two companies with software that has a similar name.

Memtest 86+ version 5.01 we use to test DDR3 RAM for 8 or more passes.
    The latest update was 09/27/2013
    DDR4 became available in 2014.

Memtest 86 version 8.2 we use to test DDR4 RAM for 8 passes but this requires 2 tests of 4 passes each to make 8 passes.
    The free edition was changed in January 2019 to have only 4 passes.
    The pay edition can perform 8 continuous passes.
    A substantial portion of the testing can be performed overnight.

zbook, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8? - Similar Threads - Memtest passes

2. BSOD. Use windows memory diagnostic or MemTest ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD. Use windows memory diagnostic or MemTest ?: Which is better to use? submitted by /u/CortexExport [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1lbrl/bsod_use_windows_memory_diagnostic_or_memtest/
  3. Problems with Game, BSOD, Driver Identifier, DUMPS, Memtest? ; Identifying broken driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Game, BSOD, Driver Identifier, DUMPS, Memtest? ; Identifying broken driver...: Hello there people, as seen in the Subject, it is a very complicated one and I will split it up in the parts I have in the subject. Link to the dump files so you can read while downloading: https://workupload.com/archive/msqLSVcQ password is dumpydump as I didn't want anybody...
  4. I’m trying to boot from my usb drive so I can run a memtest. Can anyone help me figure out...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to boot from my usb drive so I can run a memtest. Can anyone help me figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/icejjfish21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuyp9w/im_trying_to_boot_from_my_usb_drive_so_i_can_run/
  5. Memtest

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest: Which Memtest86 do I download and run for windows 10, that is to be used to troubleshoot BSOD possibilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memtest/f8657cc2-ba50-490a-bf1e-0c416df21c8d
  6. BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results

BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results: Hi there, Have been battling seemingly random BSODs since building PC 6-12 months ago. Given it was a new build it was difficult to isolate any specific hardware or drivers that were causing the issue, and don't know enough to understand Event Viewer. A BlueScreen viewer...
  7. BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest

BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest: Hi everyone, I keep getting BSODs, about once a day. Doesn't seem to be linked to a specific operation as they occur randomly. Did MemTest, SFC scan, all came out without issues. Also did an in-place upgrade but the problems persists. Clean-booting system. Please find memory...
  8. FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, No errors in MEMTEST

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, No errors in MEMTEST: I've been having periodic BSOD with a computer I built for a while now, but I thought I was in clear when I didn't get one about a month. However, a day or two ago I got one with a FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE, so I ran memtest over night and didn't get any errors this...
  9. Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?: Hi I'm going to follow this tutorial to do a memtest86 MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials Is it OK to use this tutorial and boot to UEFI instead? Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials By the way I don't know what bios vs uefi...
  10. Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did MemTest test all of my RAM?: So I bought a 4GB Samsung DDR3L RAM from this guy online. It arrived yesterday, plugged it in, booted the laptop up and it worked. Just to be sure, I ran MemTest overnight last night. I set it to run at 8 passes. While running, the RAM info on display showed my 4 GB SK Hynix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com