Windows 10: Memtest

Discus and support Memtest in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Which Memtest86 do I download and run for windows 10, that is to be used to troubleshoot BSOD possibilities?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gpa11, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Gpa11 Win User

Memtest

Which Memtest86 do I download and run for windows 10, that is to be used to troubleshoot BSOD possibilities?

:)

Gpa11, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Vario Win User

Memtesting on unsupported board

I am running Samsung 30nm ram memtesting single sticks at a time on my Asrock Extreme 3 970 to resolve an instability issue I am having with my UD3H that also claims to be unsupported. Basically every stick of 30nm I have seems to pop up errors but it memtests no problem in my 1155 systems with memtest including the UD3H. I don't know what the hell is going on. I have reverted both systems to stock clock rates, everything is jedec default. I have 5 sticks. They all pass in the Z77E and the UD3H memtest from usb booatloader but they are unstable as fuck in 4x4 configuration in the UD3H, no matter the settings.

They all fail memtest fast in the Phenom II system.

Check signature for the model #, its all listed. Do you guys have any suggestions? I am going to try it in an x58 system and a few other 1155 systems in the next few days to see wtf is going on. How is this possible? I've tried re-arranging dimms etc. Maybe somethings aren't meant to be... I don't want to change motherboards just to get my ram working. I have also tried an i5-2550, 3770k, and a xeon with this ram. Similar results. Unstable in the 4x4 mode in the GA-Z77X-UD3H. I am only memtesting in the asrock extreme 3 as its a workhorse for that stuff.

Vario, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Divin3 Win User
    Windows 10 hangs/freezes on Restart

If this happens even during installation, that means that it is probably a hardware issue. To troubleshoot the problem, I suggest doing the following steps:

1. Install Hard Disk Sentinel and use it to check your HDD/SSD for problems.
    2. Use MemTest to make sure that your RAM is ok. Here is a how to - guide.

After You done these two steps, give a feedback of the results.

Divin3, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Memtest

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Memtest

1. Memtest - Similar Threads - Memtest

2. BSOD. Use windows memory diagnostic or MemTest ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD. Use windows memory diagnostic or MemTest ?: Which is better to use? submitted by /u/CortexExport [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1lbrl/bsod_use_windows_memory_diagnostic_or_memtest/
  3. Problems with Game, BSOD, Driver Identifier, DUMPS, Memtest? ; Identifying broken driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Game, BSOD, Driver Identifier, DUMPS, Memtest? ; Identifying broken driver...: Hello there people, as seen in the Subject, it is a very complicated one and I will split it up in the parts I have in the subject. Link to the dump files so you can read while downloading: https://workupload.com/archive/msqLSVcQ password is dumpydump as I didn't want anybody...
  4. Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?

Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?: I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues with my computer. I've ran Memtest86 with 4 passes and zero errors. My RAM is 3600mHz CL16 16Gb (2x8Gb). Should I do 8 passes when I get home from work or would that be unnecessary? 166830
  5. I’m trying to boot from my usb drive so I can run a memtest. Can anyone help me figure out...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to boot from my usb drive so I can run a memtest. Can anyone help me figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/icejjfish21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuyp9w/im_trying_to_boot_from_my_usb_drive_so_i_can_run/
  6. BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results: Hi there, Have been battling seemingly random BSODs since building PC 6-12 months ago. Given it was a new build it was difficult to isolate any specific hardware or drivers that were causing the issue, and don't know enough to understand Event Viewer. A BlueScreen viewer...
  7. BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest

BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest: Hi everyone, I keep getting BSODs, about once a day. Doesn't seem to be linked to a specific operation as they occur randomly. Did MemTest, SFC scan, all came out without issues. Also did an in-place upgrade but the problems persists. Clean-booting system. Please find memory...
  8. FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, No errors in MEMTEST

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, No errors in MEMTEST: I've been having periodic BSOD with a computer I built for a while now, but I thought I was in clear when I didn't get one about a month. However, a day or two ago I got one with a FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE, so I ran memtest over night and didn't get any errors this...
  9. Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?: Hi I'm going to follow this tutorial to do a memtest86 MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials Is it OK to use this tutorial and boot to UEFI instead? Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials By the way I don't know what bios vs uefi...
  10. Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did MemTest test all of my RAM?: So I bought a 4GB Samsung DDR3L RAM from this guy online. It arrived yesterday, plugged it in, booted the laptop up and it worked. Just to be sure, I ran MemTest overnight last night. I set it to run at 8 passes. While running, the RAM info on display showed my 4 GB SK Hynix...