Windows 10: MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t

Discus and support MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’m using a G.Skill Flare X5 6000 CL36 with EXPO enabled. Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs I ran MemTest64 with Task Manager and HWiNFO.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MiniMinute, Mar 21, 2023.

1. MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t

I’m using a G.Skill Flare X5 6000 CL36 with EXPO enabled. Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs I ran MemTest64 with Task Manager and HWiNFO. Both TestMem5 and Task Manager crashed. I also got an error message later saying "MemTest64.exe - System Error: Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005 - Unexpected parameters." I had run it for 8 hours at this point, and there weren't actually any memory errors reported in MemTest64 even with this message. There was one time my entire screen went black for some reason. I'm not sure if there were any memory errors here since I couldn't see anything

:)

MiniMinute, Mar 21, 2023
  2. btarunr Win User

TechPowerUp Announces MemTest64 - Test Memory from Within Windows

TechPowerUp today announced MemTest64, our lightweight, standalone utility that lets you test your system memory for hardware faults and other errors. The application has a graphical user interface (GUI), and can be run from within Windows, without needing any administrator privileges. MemTest64 can also be used to test the stability of your memory performance tuning, such as overclocks and tight timings. The utility puts your memory through a battery of test patterns, while juggling data from the memory to the page file. The app is portable, and does not require any installation. This is our first public release of MemTest64, after thorough internal testing. We welcome your feedback in the app's dedicated forum on TechPowerUp Forums.

MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t 288d4dd80051_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: TechPowerUp MemTest64 1.0

Features
    • Runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. 64-bit OS only
    • Supports all modern processors, including Intel Core and AMD Ryzen
    • No reboot or DOS-mode required
    • You can control how much memory to test, to reduce operational impact
    • Memory is tested using various detection algorithms
    • Errors will be detected automatically
    • Does not require Administrator privileges
    • No installation or registry modifications required.

btarunr, Mar 21, 2023
  3. OSdevr Win User

Memtest86 runs under DOS so that it can test virtually all of your memory. Despite the name it also is 64-bit and handles memory above 4GB just fine.

This MemTest64 program can't test memory that is in use, but you don't have to reboot to run it. As was said above it is more for testing an overclock than for diagnosing RAM issues.

OSdevr, Mar 21, 2023
  4. MrGenius Win User

MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t

I'd suspected my memory to be slightly unstable @ 10-12-12-31. So I've been running it @ 10-12-12-32 without issues. MemTest64 quickly and efficiently confirmed the tighter tRAS timing causes errors. I thought so. But now I know so.

MrGenius, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t

1. MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t - Similar Threads - MemTest64 causes error

2. Application Popup Error Causing Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Popup Error Causing Restart: Hello,I would really appreciate any help in my situation. My PC is making random restarts most of the times daily, sometimes weekly. I checked the Event Viewer and found the below error being logged before each restart. The restart is so random, sometimes when opening games,...
  3. Application Popup Error Causing Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Popup Error Causing Restart: Hello,I would really appreciate any help in my situation. My PC is making random restarts most of the times daily, sometimes weekly. I checked the Event Viewer and found the below error being logged before each restart. The restart is so random, sometimes when opening games,...
  4. MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t

MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t: I’m using a G.Skill Flare X5 6000 CL36 with EXPO enabled. Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs I ran MemTest64 with Task Manager and HWiNFO. Both TestMem5 and Task Manager crashed. I also got an error message later saying "MemTest64.exe - System Error: Exception...
  5. MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MemTest64 causes error popups even though other memory tests don’t: I’m using a G.Skill Flare X5 6000 CL36 with EXPO enabled. Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs I ran MemTest64 with Task Manager and HWiNFO. Both TestMem5 and Task Manager crashed. I also got an error message later saying "MemTest64.exe - System Error: Exception...
  6. Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, all kinds of software start reporting "being out of memory" browser tabs crashing with the "out_of_memory" error code, programs reporting being unable to allocate more memory to debug outputs, etc.. Whenever I check task manager though,...
  7. Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting "out of memory" errors even though pagefile is not full: So, RAM-hungry apps such as chrome or games often give me this error. Also, sometimes, everything in the computer begins to misbehave, freeze and crash as if there was really not enough memory, but it only shows like 18GB/46GB "Committed" in task manager. It just started...
  8. Hyper V can't allocate memory even though tons of memory are available...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V can't allocate memory even though tons of memory are available...: Hello I stumbled upon a very frustrating issue where HyperV "Cant" allocate memory and I think a picture is worth a thousand words: [ATTACH] Could you kindly walk me through this absurd? Thank you...
  9. Conflicting memory tests

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conflicting memory tests: Testing a new rig with 32GB (2x16) of DDR4, 2333MHz ram (Patriot Viper Elite PVE432G266C6KGY) on an Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard. BTW- Patriot 2666 RAM is not on the QVL for this board (none). Thought I'd chance it, Patriot makes good RAM, usually. I ran Memtest86 (by...
  10. Windows memory test.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows memory test.: Hello, When I run windows memory diagnostic the F1 button does nothing. It is there but does not change the screen at all. The test seems to have already commenced when I get the screen that it's running. Anyone can help? Windows 10 64bit 16MB RAM (2 x 8). Gigabyte...