Windows 10: Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.

Discus and support Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 4x8GB CMK32GX4M4E4133C19. I run @ 4000Mhz. 17-17-17-38-2CR. Memtest86+ can run for 24 hours with no errors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by streetwolf, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.

My memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 4x8GB CMK32GX4M4E4133C19.

I run @ 4000Mhz. 17-17-17-38-2CR. Memtest86+ can run for 24 hours with no errors. Windows 10 Pro also doesn't have any issues running my memory with this speed and timings.

When I run Memtest86+ at 4100 and 4133 with relaxed timings I can also run 24 hours with no errors. However, when I am in Windows 10 Pro I get errors and BSODs that are without a doubt related to my memory speed and/or timings. A good indicator that Windows 10 doesn't like my memory settings is when I run a verify on disk images I have taken. The MD5 hash isn't the same which results in my inability to restore the disk image as it fails in the disk imaging PE environment..

Obviously Memtest86+ is not the definitive test for memory as one might expect. What is it about running the same memory timings and speed in Windows 10 that are causing memory failures while Memtest86+ passes all tests?

BTW.. The only change in my UEFI is memory speed and timings.

:)

streetwolf, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jan 30, 2019
  4. paulking Win User

Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.

Memtest86+ reports 0 errors after 8 passes

I am currently running Memtest86+ 5.01, as suggested, and I am a bit concerned that there is a line that says:
    Cores: 1 Active: 1 / 1 total (Run: All)

I in fact have 4 cores, and the top line on the screen identifies it correctly as an Intel Core i7-4770k

It is still running as it has completed only 1 pass so far.

Screenshot:
    Attachment 36290

paulking, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.

1. Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs. - Similar Threads - Memtest86+ passes has

2. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  3. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  4. Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....: Hi guys, As the title says, I have been getting random memory related BSODs and have ran Memtest86 and the Windows memory diagnostic with no issues returned.I have tried updating GPU drivers, mobo firmware, hardware drivers but still facing the same issue. A little stumped so...
  5. Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....

Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....: Hi guys, As the title says, I have been getting random memory related BSODs and have ran Memtest86 and the Windows memory diagnostic with no issues returned.I have tried updating GPU drivers, mobo firmware, hardware drivers but still facing the same issue. A little stumped so...
  6. Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86

BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86: Hey guys,I’m having a big problem with my less than 1 month old gaming pc. I’ve just recently started getting blue screens constantly after a recent Corsair iCUE update and brand new secondary drive install. I could boot into windows yesterday, but now I can’t even boot into...
  8. BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86

BSOD - Various errors & ran memtest86: Hey guys,I’m having a big problem with my less than 1 month old gaming pc. I’ve just recently started getting blue screens constantly after a recent Corsair iCUE update and brand new secondary drive install. I could boot into windows yesterday, but now I can’t even boot into...
  9. Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.

Memtest86+ passes. WIndows 10 has errors and BSODs.: My memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 4x8GB CMK32GX4M4E4133C19. I run @ 4000Mhz. 17-17-17-38-2CR. Memtest86+ can run for 24 hours with no errors. Windows 10 Pro also doesn't have any issues running my memory with this speed and timings. When I run Memtest86+ at 4100 and...
  10. IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS BSOD, memtest86+ passed

IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS BSOD, memtest86+ passed: I tried to start Guild Wars 2 and got a BSOD. I also frequently have issues with Flash and javascript crashing, mostly in IE but also sometimes in Firefox. Not sure if related but thought any info is good info. I ran memtest with no errors. I have 16 GB of memory and don't...