Windows 10: Memtest86

Discus and support Memtest86 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Memtest86 and extracted the zip file. There is an .img inside the extraction. I believe I can change the .img file to .iso file then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by huffman, Aug 21, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Memtest86

I downloaded Memtest86 and extracted the zip file. There is an .img inside the extraction. I believe I can change the .img file to .iso file then extract that to reveal the .exe file.

Is that how it works?

:)

huffman, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Divin3 Win User
    Windows 10 hangs/freezes on Restart

If this happens even during installation, that means that it is probably a hardware issue. To troubleshoot the problem, I suggest doing the following steps:

1. Install Hard Disk Sentinel and use it to check your HDD/SSD for problems.
    2. Use MemTest to make sure that your RAM is ok. Here is a how to - guide.

After You done these two steps, give a feedback of the results.

Divin3, Aug 21, 2019
  4. ksio89 Win User

Memtest86

Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+

Just a suggestion for users here who need to perform RAM tests to rule out hardware issues: Memtest86+ 5.01 has a bug with CPU multicore support (Parallel), as it hangs after some time testing and the only safe way to perform the tests is in single core mode, which is extremely low. This usually happens with test #7:

Memtest86+ is freezing while running test #7

The original proprietary version, Memtest86 6.2.0 Free, does not have this bug, which it means it performs the passes much, much faster than Memtest86+. Apparently, older builds of Memtest86+ do not hang with multicore support enabled as well.

Another advantage of Memtest86 over 86+ is that it supports EFI+GPT, so you don't need to disable Secure Boot on UEFI menu to boot the USB drive with Memtest86 installed like you do with 86+, as it's installed only in MBR. The tests are the same, it perform 4 passes and it can even save a report in HTML format after ending the test. You can download the free version here:

MemTest86 - Download now!

Here is the report in PDF so you can have an idea:

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...rruption-memtest86-report-20151231-152538.pdf

ksio89, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Memtest86

1. Memtest86 - Similar Threads - Memtest86

2. Whea Logger 46 without errors in Memtest86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whea Logger 46 without errors in Memtest86: Hi! Since I bought my PC I have had issues with sudden restarts when I am gaming, usually the audio goes static, sometimes BSOD sometimes not. This happens quite regularly every 90 minutes when gaming. I get WHEA Logger ID46, I don't have XMP enabled, I don't have the CPU...
  3. Whea Logger 46 without errors in Memtest86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whea Logger 46 without errors in Memtest86: Hi! Since I bought my PC I have had issues with sudden restarts when I am gaming, usually the audio goes static, sometimes BSOD sometimes not. This happens quite regularly every 90 minutes when gaming. I get WHEA Logger ID46, I don't have XMP enabled, I don't have the CPU...
  4. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  5. Memtest86 error

Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  6. My computer keeps crashing, everything is pointing to a memory error but I did a memtest86...

My computer keeps crashing, everything is pointing to a memory error but I did a memtest86...: basically the title, ive done all the types of checks i can think of off the top of my head and nothing has helped fix this issue.the crashes primarily happen when im playing...
  7. My computer keeps crashing, everything is pointing to a memory error but I did a memtest86...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing, everything is pointing to a memory error but I did a memtest86...: basically the title, ive done all the types of checks i can think of off the top of my head and nothing has helped fix this issue.the crashes primarily happen when im playing...
  8. Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....: Hi guys, As the title says, I have been getting random memory related BSODs and have ran Memtest86 and the Windows memory diagnostic with no issues returned.I have tried updating GPU drivers, mobo firmware, hardware drivers but still facing the same issue. A little stumped so...
  9. Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....

Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....: Hi guys, As the title says, I have been getting random memory related BSODs and have ran Memtest86 and the Windows memory diagnostic with no issues returned.I have tried updating GPU drivers, mobo firmware, hardware drivers but still facing the same issue. A little stumped so...
  10. Struggling with recurring memory related BSODs. Memtest86 passes with no issues....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging