Menu - all apps hidden by the Windows logo

Discus and support Menu - all apps hidden by the Windows logo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there anybody got a fix for this yet (build 10041). I can only get at the show all apps with great difficulty - the panel is covered except for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

anybody got a fix for this yet (build 10041). I can only get at the show all apps with great difficulty - the panel is covered except for a tiny piece by the Windows logo button. At least though I got rid of the stupid HUGE (largely non functional) search bar which was originally on the task bar.

I hope in the next release there will be some way of ADDING your own applications to the menu. Note Custom toolbars still work so that's another option if you want to create a decent cascadable menu system with your own applications.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

microsoft 640

that's not the settings - it's the app list. it isn't hidden. that's where all the apps are. the start screen (not menu) only shows the ones you want.

3. BurrWalnut Win User
    windows 10 Start/all program

The Apps have to be pinned to the Start Menu. Click Start and you will see All Apps, click on it, scroll up/down to the one you want. Now right-click it and choose Pin to Start.

Alternatively or additionally, put a Shortcut to the Start Menu on the Desktop by navigating in File Explorer (was Windows Explorer) to the hidden folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu, right-click or press
    and hold Programs and click or tap Send to (Desktop shortcut). You may have to tick ‘Hidden items’ in the View Ribbon of File Explorer.

Further programs can be accessed by pressing the Windows Logo key+X and choosing from a list.

BurrWalnut, Mar 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 21, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    adamf, Mar 21, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Thanks --that works -- although I still prefer in Windowed applications to HIDE the taskbar.
    In full screen apps the taskbar gets hidden anyway but I think I still prefer in Windowed apps for the taskbar to be hidden. However the get around does work. Thanks

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    Wondering about this myself, for the first thing I do upon install is hide the taskbar. It was also being "pesty" in that it wouldn't slide to hide unless I waved the mouse pointer over it. That happened last build also.

Thanks, guys. *Smile

Tony K, Mar 21, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Jimbo,

If you like, you should be able to also move the taskbar to the right side or top, and be able to auto-hide the taskbar without it affecting the Start menu.

Brink, Mar 21, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    Thanks, Shawn. That works. *Smile

Tony K, Mar 21, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Kind of weird. Not a big thing, but it continues to be "pesty" in that it won't slide to hide unless I wave the mouse pointer over it or WinKey/D for focus on desktop. Even a right click on desktop or open app it won't hide. Sliding the mouse pointer will unhide it and will disappear after moving away.

No problems in 8.1. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point. Probably not high on their list. *Biggrin I'll report it.

Tony K, Mar 21, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Same here.

The System Icons problem though is fixed now when the taskbar is not set to auto-hide.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 22, 2015
  12. fracking4oil Win User
    After todays update auto-hide no longer causes the search bar to overlay the start menu, allowing users to get to "All apps" with "auto-hide the taskbar" enabled. *Smile

fracking4oil, Mar 24, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

Still obscures it for me. Although if you click somewhere on the menu (that doesn't do something) then the start button will go away and you can kind of get to part of the all apps button.

Mystere, Apr 1, 2015
  14. Roger Win User
    I click on the vertical scrollbar bar the AllApps button replaces the Start button?

Roger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Menu - all apps hidden by the Windows logo - Similar Threads - Menu apps hidden

2. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  3. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  4. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...
  5. Windows 10 login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  7. Windows 10 cannot update to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot update to 1803: My newly installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit cannot be updated to 1803. It finished downloading and 15% in to the installation, it fails. I uninstalled then still has no luck. I also ran the Windows update trouble-shooter tool. Thank you for your help...
  8. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  9. Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers: Today is Patch Tuesday and Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 KB4343909. In case you’re planning to upgrade the PC manually, the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4343909 are also available. Windows 10 KB4343909 is available for devices running version 1803 and it...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.228 - Aug. 14

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.228 - Aug. 14: Release notes not available yet. Direct download links for KB4343909 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog: *Arrow Download KB4343909 MSU for Windows 10 v1803 32-bit (x86) - 410.1 MB *Arrow Download KB4343909 MSU for Windows 10 v1803 64-bit (x64) - 734.8 MB [img]...