Windows 10: Menu - all apps hidden by the Windows logo

Discus and support Menu - all apps hidden by the Windows logo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there anybody got a fix for this yet (build 10041). I can only get at the show all apps with great difficulty - the panel is covered except for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Menu - all apps hidden by the Windows logo

Hi there

anybody got a fix for this yet (build 10041). I can only get at the show all apps with great difficulty - the panel is covered except for a tiny piece by the Windows logo button. At least though I got rid of the stupid HUGE (largely non functional) search bar which was originally on the task bar.

I hope in the next release there will be some way of ADDING your own applications to the menu. Note Custom toolbars still work so that's another option if you want to create a decent cascadable menu system with your own applications.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

microsoft 640

that's not the settings - it's the app list. it isn't hidden. that's where all the apps are. the start screen (not menu) only shows the ones you want.

3. windows 10 Start/all program

The Apps have to be pinned to the Start Menu. Click Start and you will see All Apps, click on it, scroll up/down to the one you want. Now right-click it and choose Pin to Start.

Alternatively or additionally, put a Shortcut to the Start Menu on the Desktop by navigating in File Explorer (was Windows Explorer) to the hidden folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu, right-click or press
    and hold Programs and click or tap Send to (Desktop shortcut). You may have to tick ‘Hidden items’ in the View Ribbon of File Explorer.

Further programs can be accessed by pressing the Windows Logo key+X and choosing from a list.

BurrWalnut, Mar 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 21, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    adamf, Mar 21, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Thanks --that works -- although I still prefer in Windowed applications to HIDE the taskbar.
    In full screen apps the taskbar gets hidden anyway but I think I still prefer in Windowed apps for the taskbar to be hidden. However the get around does work. Thanks

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    Wondering about this myself, for the first thing I do upon install is hide the taskbar. It was also being "pesty" in that it wouldn't slide to hide unless I waved the mouse pointer over it. That happened last build also.

Thanks, guys. *Smile

Tony K, Mar 21, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Jimbo,

If you like, you should be able to also move the taskbar to the right side or top, and be able to auto-hide the taskbar without it affecting the Start menu.

Brink, Mar 21, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    Thanks, Shawn. That works. *Smile

Tony K, Mar 21, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Kind of weird. Not a big thing, but it continues to be "pesty" in that it won't slide to hide unless I wave the mouse pointer over it or WinKey/D for focus on desktop. Even a right click on desktop or open app it won't hide. Sliding the mouse pointer will unhide it and will disappear after moving away.

No problems in 8.1. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point. Probably not high on their list. *Biggrin I'll report it.

Tony K, Mar 21, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Same here.

The System Icons problem though is fixed now when the taskbar is not set to auto-hide.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 22, 2015
  12. After todays update auto-hide no longer causes the search bar to overlay the start menu, allowing users to get to "All apps" with "auto-hide the taskbar" enabled. *Smile

fracking4oil, Mar 24, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

Still obscures it for me. Although if you click somewhere on the menu (that doesn't do something) then the start button will go away and you can kind of get to part of the all apps button.

Mystere, Apr 1, 2015
  14. Roger Win User
    I click on the vertical scrollbar bar the AllApps button replaces the Start button?

Roger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Menu - all apps hidden by the Windows logo - Similar Threads - Menu apps hidden

2. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  3. hidden search menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hidden search menu: I'm having trouble with searching in my search bar or by pressing windows key. When I try to search almost half of the results is not showing. It's annoying how can I fix this?...
  4. All apps are hidden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps are hidden.: Sometimes when I start my PC all my apps on my desktop are gone and replaced by a little box on the top left of my screen.Only when I double click this box all my apps are there again. I would like to remaove this and just have all my apps there from start.I dont know how I...
  5. All apps are hidden.

All apps are hidden.: Sometimes when I start my PC all my apps on my desktop are gone and replaced by a little box on the top left of my screen.Only when I double click this box all my apps are there again. I would like to remaove this and just have all my apps there from start.I dont know how I...
  6. All apps are hidden.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Store Apps in "all apps" menu: Hey guys, So you know how it's possible to move your shortcuts into folders and rename said folders on regular "desktop" apps? Is this possible with Windows Store "Metro" apps as well? What I'd really like to do, for example, is have a folder called "Games" where I put...
  8. Hidden Menu monitor?.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hidden Menu monitor?.: On my old asus vg27he monitor I went in to the hidden menu and altered the colour settings. Is there a way to restore the hidden menu settings to factory reset?. Thanks. 75055
  9. 'All apps' in Windows menu not responding

'All apps' in Windows menu not responding: When I click 'all apps' in the Windows menu it doesn't respond when scrolling or clicking a program. I can however use the TAB/DOWN/UP keys to scroll through the list and use ENTER to start the program. Is there any fix for this? 40569
  10. All apps menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps menu: Hi there i am new to these forums and i need help as i cant find help anywhere . My windows 10 start menu under all apps seems to be busted , i click all apps and they listed as they should be A to Z , but when i right click the only option i get is "Pin to start" and nothing...