Windows 10: Menu and mouse hover text color bug

Discus and support Menu and mouse hover text color bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I've installed a clean version of Windows 10 today, and I have a strange color bug I have never seen before. The text in the menus are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KimArvidsson1, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Menu and mouse hover text color bug

Greetings,

I've installed a clean version of Windows 10 today, and I have a strange color bug I have never seen before. The text in the menus are covered by colors, I can't see the text. When I hover the mouse, the mouse pop up text is also covered. I attach two screenshots of what it looks like. Anyone know how to fix it?

Menu and mouse hover text color bug 55b79e5d-ce62-4878-95c2-ed4333cc1d4e?upload=true.jpg Menu and mouse hover text color bug 5ba5a9c7-9e8b-4544-8d46-1ccb0f77adef?upload=true.jpg

:)

KimArvidsson1, Mar 7, 2020
  2. donwb Win User

Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Mar 7, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Don, I've included a "Step Recording" for you to view. It shows the results of hover and click on your issues. Open in your browser.

Even though the step text says "click", it's obvious where I was hovering.

It did not pick up the hover text on the 3 power options, but they did display and were not blacked out. Nothing was blacked out on any of these steps. Probably the Step Recorder doesn't pick up tool tip messages on sub-menus. All appeared normal on my display.

What are the 2 tray icons still missing?

Please try the icon cache reset, it can cure a lot of goofy tray issues.

Also, you may want to try running MCBUILDER.exe from an Admin cmd line, followed by a restart. It rebuilds the Microsoft Resource cache.

(I smell a dogfight coming!)

Cheers! *Cool Dick...

f14tomcat, Mar 7, 2020
  4. donwb Win User

Menu and mouse hover text color bug

I am running Win 10 Tech Evaluation and Win 7 in dual boot. That's fine.
    But when it comes to personalizing win 10, the background colour of the hovering mouse is black,
    so when it's hovered over black text, the text is obliterated.
    How can I change the hovering mouse background colour?

Also, when in desktop, the RH toolbar's "speakers / headphone" and "new notification" icons do not show until the mouse is hovered.

And finally, how do I put the taskbar's "hidden Icons" visible on the taskbar.

Any help would much appreciated.

donwb, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Menu and mouse hover text color bug

1. Menu and mouse hover text color bug - Similar Threads - Menu mouse hover

2. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  3. Bug with background and text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  4. Bug with background and text color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  5. Clickable Text Links Disappear When Mouse Hover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clickable Text Links Disappear When Mouse Hover: This is not an issue with just one pc. It's all of them. Before: [ATTACH] After: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clickable-text-links-disappear-when-mouse-hover/ccd25c58-d7bf-4af9-9f39-c491f1292bcd
  6. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...
  7. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  8. Color Changes to mouse hover

Color Changes to mouse hover: I am running Win 10 Tech Evaluation and Win 7 in dual boot. That's fine. But when it comes to personalizing win 10, the background colour of the hovering mouse is black, so when it's hovered over black text, the text is obliterated. How can I change the hovering mouse...
  9. hover texts color are inverted (image attached). how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    hover texts color are inverted (image attached). how to fix it?: [img] [img] 63005
  10. Start menu text color issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu text color issue: Hello all. Just got a new laptop for my first experience with Win10, although I am near expert experience with Windows since Win95. I must say I have more appreciation for this than I did for Win8. Anyways, I have been having an issue I am hoping I can find a solution to. I...