Windows 10: Menu bar is slow and unresponsive (when it works at all)

Discus and support Menu bar is slow and unresponsive (when it works at all) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days ago and it's been an absolute nightmare. The start menu frequently just stops working with no clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Harsalan, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Harsalan Win User

Menu bar is slow and unresponsive (when it works at all)

I just upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days ago and it's been an absolute nightmare.

The start menu frequently just stops working with no clear trigger. It reacts when I mouse over it, and it changes colour when I click on it, but no start menu appears. The same problem occurs with the search bar and the notification menu, and even right clicking on open applications.

I've installed all available updates and I've run that powershell command that was recommended to fix this issue back in the preview version. Nothing has helped.

I'm seriously close to just downgrading back to Windows 7 to escape this, but I'd like to see if I can fix it first.

:)

Harsalan, Aug 13, 2015
  2. gft1126 Win User

unresponsive pages all browsers

(Acer 5552 / Win 10) Web pages become unresponsive or really slow. This happens with default Chrome and other browsers: Chrome Incognito, Edge, and FireFox. After reboot, pages at first work fine but then loading slows down until successive searches are
    unresponsive. Thanks for any help.

Edit 1:

Recently I had been receiving notices that the version of McAfee I have wasn't compatible with Win 10. After uninstall / reinstall everything appeared to be working fine. When loading slowed, I used their virtual tech which corrected one problem. All seemed
    well, but then regressed back to slow / unresponsive.

gft1126, Aug 13, 2015
  3. N.Strahl Win User
    Start Menu Button on Task Bar becomes unresponsive

On occasion, the Start Menu button becomes unresponsive, in which case the Start Menu does not open after clicking the Windows icon. In addition, other buttons on the task bar also become unresponsive. It is as if parts of, or all of the task bar becomes
    frozen. The only (temporary) fix is to restart Windows.

I run Windows 10 Pro on a Lenovo Yoga 3-1470. Has anybody been having the same problem?

N.Strahl, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Menu bar is slow and unresponsive (when it works at all)

1. Menu bar is slow and unresponsive (when it works at all) - Similar Threads - Menu bar slow

2. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  3. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  4. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  6. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  7. No Toolbars or Menu Bars, at all! Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Toolbars or Menu Bars, at all! Help!: Just bought my PC laptop and every single toolbar (File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Table, Tools, Window, Help) for every app and browser I open, is missing and there isn't one example that I could find in order to get some help. Please help, thank you....
  8. Slow and unresponsive laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow and unresponsive laptop: My old laptop started slowing down and going unresponsive. I thought it was getting ready to crash so I purchased a new one. I transferred everything to the new laptop and it is doing the same thing. When I first start the computer, it runs fine. After some time, it starts...
  9. Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows [img] If you have installed Windows 10 on an older computer you may have some issues with the 'Right Click' context menu. I was trying to right click videos and images, and it was a hit and miss affair. Sometimes...
  10. Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop slow and unresponsive all of the sudden: I have installed the Anniversary update and 2 updates since then and all of the sudden my desktop is slow and unresponsive. Icons on the task bar do not highlight when the cursor passes over them. If you let the cursor sit on an icon for a while it may highlight. Any dialog...