Windows 10: Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly

Discus and support Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, my menu bars became large, and so the pop-up menu when right-clicking. This affects applications like Command Prompt, Disk Cleanup, Notepad,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThatOtherB, May 6, 2019.

1. Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly

Recently, my menu bars became large, and so the pop-up menu when right-clicking. This affects applications like Command Prompt, Disk Cleanup, Notepad, Documents, File Explorer, Calculator, Task Manager, etc. I don't see this issue in web browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, they all look normal. My Lenovo laptop wasn't like this before I installed my first Wacom Tablet. I'm currently using Windows 10 (v1803). I tried looking through my display settings, checked advanced scaling settings, but nothing worked to fix the solution. I checked the properties of my Wacom...no ways to fix the problem. I also searched from their forum, still empty of ideas. If anyone has a solution, I am appreciated with your help.

Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly a5467da8-8b8b-4d1d-b4c1-5bb2f7a045eb?upload=true.png Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly 87e098e6-fc32-40e9-b9db-e8cbec240a2d?upload=true.png

Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly 995c8588-95e5-4181-a897-b3487eecd06e?upload=true.png

Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly 8e92c810-2f9d-4241-9a18-618431905d04?upload=true.png

:)

ThatOtherB, May 6, 2019

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 6, 2019
  3. How do I globally disable display auto-scaling?

Hi,

In reply to your query with disabling automatic scaling while connecting an external interface.

The scaling is adjusted with the display resolution in dots per inch (DPI) with device you connecting with your PC and its by design.

However you can set a custom scaling level.

To set a custom scaling level :

1. Type "dpiscaling" in the search area on the taskbar and select dpiscaling.

2. Change the scaling settings in the display window.

3. In the display window, you can click on set a custom scaling level option and check if it helps.

Also you can provide us your valuable suggestion in our feedback app.

Follow the steps :

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, May 6, 2019
  4. Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly

IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

I posted this problem in other forums, but alas, no help yet. Here's hoping someone here can assist. Thanks.

Favorites have become inaccessible during the process of Organizing Favorites. My IE Favorites were on OneDrive long before upgrading to Windows 10. I have used IE11 in Windows 10 for 2 weeks. Since using Organize Favorites in one sub-folder the IE Favorites I see in the Favorites menu are no longer what is on OneDrive.

Clicking on Favorites in the Menu Bar I see only the one folder I Organized, with one sub-folder, and the sub-folder is empty. Clicking on Organize Favorites, I see all of the Favorites I expect to see, with the one folder I had previously Organized at the top of the list, sorted out of alphabetic sequence. If I look at Favorites on OneDrive they look normal. If I look at this Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Favorites

the data in that key points to the OneDrive Favorites folder as expected. The IE11 Favorites Bar is visible and active even though the Favorites menu is hosed.

One more piece of weirdness - clicking on the star icon in the upper right corner (View Favorites, feed and history) results in the correct display of Favorites. So Favorites accessed by the star icon and by Organize Favorites (under Favorites in the Menu Bar) are displayed correctly, but clicking on Favorites in the Menu Bar results in a useless display.

Edit added - I turned IE11 off in Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off. After a required restart I turned IE11 back on. No help - Favorites displayed in the Menu Bar are incorrect. Hmmm.

How can I reset Favorites in the Menu Bar to show the contents of the Favorites folder on OneDrive?

DavidDubya, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly

1. Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly - Similar Threads - Menu bars display

2. Right click on multiple displays pops up menu options on different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on multiple displays pops up menu options on different display: I am using a docking system where I plug in a Surface laptop into a two monitor system. The laptop I keep open but I don't actually use it, it is display 1. The other monitors are Display 2 and Display 3, with Display 3 being my primary. Display 3 has no problems, but...
  3. Display Scaling Inadvertently set to 500

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Scaling Inadvertently set to 500: I am running Windows 10 Pro and use the Microsoft Office 365 suite. I inadvertently adjusted Display Scaling to 500 Microsoft Recommends Not Going There - My Bad. Machine rebooted and now objects on screen are huge and navigation is impossible. Can anybody tell me how to get...
  4. Scale screens in the "Display" menu?

Scale screens in the "Display" menu?: Hello, I bought a new monitor (3820x2160) and my old one has a resolution of 1920x1080, as you can see on the picture the 2 is unfortunately much too small and then does not correspond to reality. Is it possible to scale the second or the first one differently? [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows Settings menu randomly pops up

Windows Settings menu randomly pops up: Windows Settings menu normally invoked by Windows key +i randomly pops up. This happens every 10 or so minutes and disrupts ongoing activity. It needs to be disabled somehow but none of the known methods or security settings works in this case....
  6. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  7. Cant type into search bar, no menu pop up either.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant type into search bar, no menu pop up either.: Cant type into the search bar, no menu pops up when i click and i cant type. Tried restarting and shut down and nothing, still the same when i boot back up. submitted by /u/JustADudewithBalls [link] [comments]...
  8. Display scale / settings

Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...
  9. Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar: Hi guys! i need some help. there was this time where i was playing dota 2 and then i accidentally pressed something which i think was the mixture of the ESC CTRL and the windows button ( not sure though) and then the problem started appearing. it's not the charm bar that...
  10. IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Favorites in Menu Bar in Windows 10 displayed incorrectly: I posted this problem in other forums, but alas, no help yet. Here's hoping someone here can assist. Thanks. Favorites have become inaccessible during the process of Organizing Favorites. My IE Favorites were on OneDrive long before upgrading to Windows 10. I have used...