Windows 10: Menu does not respond after hibernation.

Discus and support Menu does not respond after hibernation. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever my notebook returns from hibernation the menu no longer responds (when I click with the left mouse button anywhere on the taskbar or right in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobertoWsd, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Menu does not respond after hibernation.

Whenever my notebook returns from hibernation the menu no longer responds (when I click with the left mouse button anywhere on the taskbar or right in the start menu) nothing happens, but when I right button displays the menu dialogue. What makes me having to reboot the machine. *Mad
    Is anyone else experiencing this? It is to solve as researched and found nothing. I've done a clean install, installing driver by driver to be some of them had the problem and all have been installed and not yet figured out what causes the problem in return from hibernation.
    I'm using windows 10 home, memory 04GB DDR-3, Intel Core i5 CPU, Intel HD Graphics 3000.
    Note: With the windows 7 home premium that was installed before the machine never happened this.

:)

RobertoWsd, Sep 17, 2015

2. Start menu and taskbar does not respond after the update.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What exactly happens when you try to access the Start menu and Taskbar?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to corruptions in Windows components or conflicts. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

If the issue persists, perform SFC scan and check the status of the issue.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC),
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Press the Windows button + X
    on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow
    and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 17, 2015
  3. CodeAmour Win User
    Start menu and taskbar does not respond after the update.

Whenever i get new updates from windows, I'll have to spend atleast a day to sort broken things up. Here comes again. Mainle start is not working, taskbar is not working? I made all attempts to make it work.

Original Title:Why this trouble with windows 10 updates?

CodeAmour, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Menu does not respond after hibernation.

I have the same problem but with other hardware;
    the only identical hardware is the graphics card.

aliskander, Sep 18, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    For the mouse issue, if it is a USB mouse, try unplugging it an plugging it back in.

Actually, if it happens with other USB addons, try the same thing for those.

XweAponX, Sep 19, 2015
  6. My laptop not have a usb mouse. The problem isn't a mouse and yes in start menu because the button right respond but the left button not after hibernation.

RobertoWsd, Sep 19, 2015
  7. Same issue with me. I have a upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. After the laptop comes back on after hibernation, the taskbar does not respond to left clicks. The start menu, cortana, notification center, network, volume icons does not respond to left clicks, right clicks respond and brings up the option menus. Its only with windows built in settings and windows apps, other softwares on the taskbar opens up on left click without an issue! I have tried different solutions mentioned on forums, but none seem to fix this bug. Only option is to restart.

I have a Dell Inspiron 14R, i3, 8GB RAM, with Intel graphics.

webpro2k02, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Menu does not respond after hibernation.

1. Menu does not respond after hibernation. - Similar Threads - Menu does respond

2. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  3. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  4. Hibernate does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate does not work: My home PC can go more than a week without use, so hibernate was a crucial function for me in windows 7-10. But hibernate does not function so far in Windows 11 - my PC is sleeping and the battery is draining to empty. I set it to shut down when it got to 8% battery after...
  5. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  6. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  7. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop does not hibernate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop does not hibernate: Hi Dell Inspiron 15 laptop, operating system Windows 10. Until recently if I did not touch any keys or touchpad for a period the screen would go dark. To reactivate I would press start button and enter a password. Whatever I was working on would reappear. This no longer...
  9. PC does not hibernate.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does not hibernate.: Hello fellows, Since a few weeks ago my PC's hibernate function doesn't work any more. Instead of working properly the screen turn black as usual but immediately lights back up again presenting me the login screen. I tried a number of things from various Google search...
  10. Start menu not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not responding: Whenever I open the start menu, it works for a few seconds (but can't open any applications) and stops responding and finally closes automatically. The start menu can no longer be used to open any applications. The search bar, if not opened with the start menu opened, works...