Windows 10: menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large

Discus and support menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I make this look normal? The font increased for some unknown reason [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by korey74, Mar 22, 2021.

1. korey74 Win User

menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large

How can I make this look normal? The font increased for some unknown reason

menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large 7c5aa43d-0801-4d6d-a513-86beced77939?upload=true.png

:)

korey74, Mar 22, 2021
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 Make icons/font bigger

Hi guys,

I have the Zoltac ZBOX-AD04 PLUS connected through HDMI with a 32"inch TV and i can't see the icons/font at my bed. I want the icons/font bigger.

rk3066, Mar 22, 2021
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Mar 22, 2021
  4. menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large

Installing new fonts not possible?

Just doubleclick the font file? Or drag it to the font window.

DanTheBanjoman, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large

1. menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large - Similar Threads - menu font file

2. The font is too big in Desktop and File Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The font is too big in Desktop and File Manager.: Hello,The font in Desktop and File Manager is extremely big.How can I repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-font-is-too-big-in-desktop-and-file-manager/8c97ae84-1e95-40a8-8f37-3d5b05e06ac5
  3. Outlook font size is too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook font size is too large: Outlook fonts just increased in size and the banners hide most of the Outlook commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-font-size-is-too-large/58c64167-60a3-43c3-829b-6185e63cad58
  4. Outlook font size is too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook font size is too large: Outlook fonts just increased in size and the banners hide most of the Outlook commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-font-size-is-too-large/58c64167-60a3-43c3-829b-6185e63cad58
  5. Outlook font size is too large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Large fonts

Large fonts: I'm trying to run an old app used in the past with windows XP and I'm getting a message that in order for tis app to be able to run I need to switch to 1024x768 resolution which I already did and also to switch to LARGE FONTS which I can't find the way to do it. Any ideas or...
  7. Font on desktop icons

Font on desktop icons: I have just had an update and for some reason the font on desktop items are much less legible. I have spent lots of time following previous advice on this subject but am at a loss as none of the replies apply to the routes available on the display settings. Please help....
  8. Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?

Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?: Although it wasn't nearly as good as the days of changing the system font, there was an area where one could change the size and style (bold, italicized etc) for menus, context menus etc. I can no longer find any way to do this. Is there a way? I'm assuming one still can't...
  9. Large Font on Desktop Icons

Large Font on Desktop Icons: Hi there, I can't get the fonts on the icons on my desktop to reduce in size, the icons are ok now but not the fonts. They are also too big in the menus on Outlook. I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Have tried going into Settings, Display, Scale & Layout, no slider...
  10. Can’t log into desktop bc font too large

Can’t log into desktop bc font too large: my font changed somehow to 100 which was too small so i chged to 300 and now screen is so large login box is off screen and i cant login. Ive tried ctrl alt delete, windows r, ctrl i nothing works can someone help...