Windows 10: Menu hud like Ubuntu Mate?

Discus and support Menu hud like Ubuntu Mate? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I’m considering moving back to Windows full time for many reasons, but one thing I would love to see implemented is an app menu hud similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/csgraves, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Menu hud like Ubuntu Mate?

Hi there,

I’m considering moving back to Windows full time for many reasons, but one thing I would love to see implemented is an app menu hud similar to that on Ubuntu Mate and Unity.

Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to have.

submitted by /u/csgraves
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/csgraves, Nov 5, 2019

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Menu hud like Ubuntu Mate?

Try Ubuntu?

I can't help but agree with the disliking of the boot menu showing older versions of Ubuntu -I always hated seeing a bunch of Ubuntu OSes with the "other operating systems" (Windows for my triple boot) at the bottom of the list -I had to press the down key about 12 times to get to Windows!

majestic12, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Menu hud like Ubuntu Mate?

1. Menu hud like Ubuntu Mate? - Similar Threads - Menu hud Ubuntu

2. Huawei Mate 40 Pro Amazon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huawei Mate 40 Pro Amazon: Delivered Package Huawei Mate 40 Pro Amazon Receive Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huawei-mate-40-pro-amazon/2b7eb3e6-8730-45df-b968-5b795d63c405
  3. Huawei Mate 40 Pro Amazon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huawei Mate 40 Pro Amazon: Delivered Package Huawei Mate 40 Pro Amazon Receive Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huawei-mate-40-pro-amazon/2b7eb3e6-8730-45df-b968-5b795d63c405
  4. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...: Hello. I have a Windows 10 laptop and I'm using its lock screen spotlight as the daily lock screen background. However, the spotlight has stopped functioning after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting. I did verify the Windows 10 integrity by running "sfc /scannow"...
  5. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...: Hello. I have a Windows 10 laptop and I'm using its lock screen spotlight as the daily lock screen background. However, the spotlight has stopped functioning after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting. I did verify the Windows 10 integrity by running "sfc /scannow"...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. dual boot on windows 10 client ubuntu mate 20 server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dual boot on windows 10 client ubuntu mate 20 server: I am a school network administrator. We received 15 PCs, all of them with the same configuration: Windows 10, cpu intel i3 10100, Ram 4 gb, ssd 120 gb. One of the PCs will be the server. On this one I removed Windows and installedLinux Ubuntu Μate 2.0. As regards the client...
  8. Microphone echoing to my mates in discord

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone echoing to my mates in discord: Every time I play with my friends they always complain about hearing my ingame sound or spotify. Is there a quick fix to this or is my pc broken? submitted by /u/CarlThemyth [link] [comments]...
  9. delete linux mate from USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete linux mate from USB: downloaded Linux Mate onto my USB using Image Burn. Now unable to save file into USB or delete Linux file from USB using "reformat". Whats the solution??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-linux-mate-from-usb/e3a9dca2-105f-4eba-9bfc-d92ae3ca7680"
  10. would like to go to Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    would like to go to Ubuntu: Hi all, thanks to the downloads on the 24th I have lost most of my programs (kindly listed by Microsoft) , my gmail account remained. I cannot go back to 8.1, but would like to go to Ubuntu. Can someone tell me how to uninstall win 10 . thanks R 31746