Windows 10: Menu in Downloads folder

Discus and support Menu in Downloads folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, my downloads folder has all of a sudden started looking like this pic [img] How do I removed those headings - Today, Yesterday etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Loopygram, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Loopygram Win User

Menu in Downloads folder

For some reason, my downloads folder has all of a sudden started looking like this pic

Menu in Downloads folder [​IMG]

How do I removed those headings - Today, Yesterday etc. It looks very messy. I've looked and looked but can't find a way. Thanks for any help.

Loopy *really

:)

Loopygram, Mar 18, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Menu in Downloads folder

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Menu in Downloads folder

1. Menu in Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Menu Downloads folder

2. Primary download folder with folders having downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary download folder with folders having downloads.: In my main "download folder," folders have appeared that have downloaded in them. One example is downloads from HP same to be going into a HP download folder in the main download folder. Does it matter or should all of the download files the in the same folder?...
  3. Primary download folder with folders having downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary download folder with folders having downloads.: In my main "download folder," folders have appeared that have downloaded in them. One example is downloads from HP same to be going into a HP download folder in the main download folder. Does it matter or should all of the download files the in the same folder?...
  4. Downloads folder

Downloads folder: I cloned my drive to my new laptop and removed the excess drive without moving all of my file locations so I now have no dedicated Documents Downloads or Pictures folders. How would I be able to restore/create them...
  5. Download Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Folder: Why is my download folder not responding? It just started yesterday! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder/d3b7e885-c8e3-4166-a9e0-276144f72a8d
  6. Download folder

Download folder: I've moved my download folder from C drive to D Drive and didn't rename the folder to /Downloads so now I am unable to get it back to how it was before to do it properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder/7891769c-6e76-42f9-8660-a07a6b190110
  7. Folder in Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder in Menu: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. I am using HP Laptop with Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.450. I am seeing an unknown Folder in Menu i.e Folder Name-:- "Other; ms-resource:AppName/Text" As shown in Circle Photo. I am trying to delete or...
  8. Download Folder

Download Folder: How do I signify which folder my downloads by default go to when downloaded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder/9b76c8f4-4651-471e-9e2e-c85a24ac5ca2
  9. download menu

download menu: ever since I updated to the latest update, the downloads menu has been looking different. I do not want it like this when it prompts me to insert a file somewhere. I want it to look how it originally did. When I search for something, it changes back to the grouping thing. how...
  10. Download folder

Download folder: Hello, My download folder had about 30 g of media in it and now it is empty. Boom, just like that. Doing a search for the files results in nothing found. Where did they go? How do I get them back?...