Windows 10: Menu Items Blank

Discus and support Menu Items Blank in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon with my PC. On booting into Windows 10 if I select the hidden icon menu in my task bar the menu opens but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamO' Brien, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Menu Items Blank

I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon with my PC. On booting into Windows 10 if I select the hidden icon menu in my task bar the menu opens but the icons are not visible. Also any menu item I open is transparent and blank as an example on closing Adobe Lightroom you get two menus one to confirm you wish to quit and another asking if you wish to back up your catalogue, the only way I could quit Lightroom with this issue was to do so via task manager. I went through all the usual checks virus , chdsk, updating drivers and checking no apps were overloading CPU and memory etc none of these checks proved negative. I did notice my graphics card would cause the PC to shut down when under stress when loading a game that was graphically demanding or running a graphics card stress test application. So I have updated the PC with a new graphics card, an M.2 SSD which is configured as a boot drive and increased my ram from 16Gb to 32Gb. Unfortunately the problem still persists.

I experimented with loading a game that had previously crashed the PC, the game loaded ok and was able to play without any issues. When I close the game down I noticed my menus are no longer blank, icons are visible and I can select choices in menus, but when I reboot the problem persists. I am hoping someone in the community may be able to shed some light on this and offer some suggestions. Thanks

:)

WilliamO' Brien, Apr 30, 2020
  2. dhoshaw Win User

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Menu Prompts Blank

Hi,

We'd like to get more details about this Windows 10 Menu prompt being blank that you're experiencing. In order to assist you effectively, kindly verify the following:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Any changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installations, etc.)
    • A sample screenshot of the Menu prompt being blank will greatly help. Just post it here together with your response.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Menu Items Blank

windows right click menu shows blank

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Start menu showing up blank on your system. We will certainly help you with this issue.

• How often does this issue occurs?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

This issue could be due to missing or corrupted files present on your system. We suggest you to try the steps from the below Microsoft Help article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Menu Items Blank

1. Menu Items Blank - Similar Threads - Menu Items Blank

2. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  3. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  4. Startup menu blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup menu blank: Am not able to see any startup apps. I really want to add one. Also i tried shell:startup and it doesnt workRunning Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-menu-blank/5b10e932-43b9-43ed-a6e5-6d32d100d3ab
  5. Remove Windows 10 Blank Menu Items from Deleted AppData

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Windows 10 Blank Menu Items from Deleted AppData: I deleted my windows store and a bunch of apps and AppData files. How do I make these go away? [ATTACH] #MS-RESOURCE:APPNAME App "Friendly" Name. 176325
  6. OneDrive menu is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive menu is blank: When I left- or right-click on my personal or business OneDrive icons, I only get a blank menu screenshot below. I have tried: Force quit, reload OneDrive Restart windows DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow The only computer configuration...
  7. Programs Menu Item

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Menu Item: When I rt click the Win icon on the lower left, shouldn't I see a Programs menu item ? I do see Task Manager and Settings among others. If so, what should I do? TIA Bob 137000
  8. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  9. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700
  10. Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar): Hello there! I have Windows 10 (64-bit) with last updates. Everything worked well, but once I noticed that shortcut «WIN + S» (start search) doesn't work ;( Then, i try to remove some pinned items from explorer (on taksbar), but get blank context menu ;((( Screenshot →...