Windows 10: Menu, right click on task bar and screen resolution changing not working

Discus and support Menu, right click on task bar and screen resolution changing not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, Recently, and after windows has booted for longer than about 30 minutes menus start behaving strangely. If I right click an icon on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GuyMiddleton1, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Menu, right click on task bar and screen resolution changing not working

Hello there,

Recently, and after windows has booted for longer than about 30 minutes menus start behaving strangely.

If I right click an icon on my task bar it does not appear.

If I select the search box on the task bar, I cannot type and the start menu flashes momentarily.

If I select The notifications icon on the right of the task bar it opens and then quickly closes again.

If I try to change the resolution, the screen goes back and then reappears unchanged In the menu and on the monitor.

Other menus also appear and disappear all over other windows. For example the alerts menu in the Xbox app behaves similarly.

If I reset windows it works or a short while before the problems return.

I have RX480 Graphics card and a Ryzen 2600 system. All drivers are up to date. All windows updates are installed.

Thanks for your help with this most frustrating issue.

Guy Middleton

:)

GuyMiddleton1, Oct 16, 2020
  2. RDITE Win User

task bar, start menu and Cortona not working

Easiest way to fix: RIght click on menu task button at screen corner, click "file explorer", right click your drive, click "properties", click 'previous versions', then select most recent folder version listed before last update. Continue with restore
    steps and it should restart when done. Menu task button should work as well as other functions without affecting anything else.

RDITE, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Taskbar Stretched, cannot view right area of the task bar

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. right click on the task bar and select task manager.

2. Next click on More details and Click on the
    details tab.

3. Now Select Explorer.exe and click on
    End task.

4. Now Click on File from the top right left side of the page and select the option Run New task.

5. Type explorer.exe in the run box and click
    Ok.

Also I suggest you to check your screen resolution. Follow the below Microsoft help article to
    change Screen resolution:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-10/change-screen-resolution

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Menu, right click on task bar and screen resolution changing not working

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Menu, right click on task bar and screen resolution changing not working

1. Menu, right click on task bar and screen resolution changing not working - Similar Threads - Menu right click

2. Unusual right click menu on Task Manager (right-clicking top bar). Other apps still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unusual right click menu on Task Manager (right-clicking top bar). Other apps still...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JourneyOfImprovement [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vzl6rp/unusual_right_click_menu_on_task_manager/
  3. Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.: Hello, I just updated a slightly older system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything has worked so far. But now I have the problem that I can not write in the start menu. If I log off and log on again, then start typing in the start menu for example "Edg..." then the start...
  4. Can't right click in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click in task bar: To start, I have:Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Build: 19042.1165Issue: I can't right click any icon in the task bar. Additionally, when I hover over an icon in the task bar the active windows show, but then they won't go away, even after I click on one of them to bring that...
  5. Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar: Hello,here is my problem.Problem:I am experiencing an issue when right clicking on the Windows Explorer icon in the Task Bar. When I administrator try this out myself, all works well. But when a non administrative user does that, then it doesn't work. Nothing shows up and it...
  6. Task bar right click context menu not working properly in win10 update v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar right click context menu not working properly in win10 update v2004: I recently installed the April 2020 version 2004 update to win10 and now I have taskbar issues. Right clicking the folder icon used to allow me to quickly open my documents or downloads folder, now it does nothing regardless of which option I choose. Also, my quick launch...
  7. Right click menu not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click menu not working: Anyone any idea what nonsense microsoft have got up to lately. I find the right click menu does not appear. Any help appreciated, as MS has no intention of addressing this issue...
  8. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  9. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  10. Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar: After a while text can start to not appear in right click menus from the task bar. It seems similar to the other graphic bugs like missing icons from the start menu. [img] 22257