Windows 10: Menu shuts down

Discus and support Menu shuts down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carbuff, Aug 25, 2015.

1. carbuff Win User

Menu shuts down

At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens

On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the menu or to employ the listed Windows 10 apps including restart and power down.

Suggestions to correct this problem are appreciated.

:)

carbuff, Aug 25, 2015
  2. 707606 Win User

PC wont shut down, using start menu > shut down.

My computer restarts if I shut down from the start menu.

If I shut it down from the sign out > shut down however, it shuts down properly and doesn't restart.

So my question is.

What's wrong with my start menu > shut down?

Is the the button itself?

It's funny how the sign out > shut down does it's job. But the start menu doesn't and just restarts my computer.

I've tried fixing it in many ways, I figured it was a power issue. I messed with my power and sleep and such options, even regedit and other areas.

Nothing helped.

I don't spot any errors or device problems. My updates are fine and I don't have any blue screens or anything. It's just the shut down command on the start menu that keeps restarting my computer.

What I've been doing is start menu > shut down. Once it restarts I go to the shut down in the sign in screen and it shuts down.

But I've just decided to not hurt my computer anymore and go to sign out> shut down since.

I'll repeat once more.

My computer wont shut down using start menu > shut down. It restarts.

My computer shuts down, if i use start menu > sign out > shut down. Then it shuts down properly and wont restart.

What's the problem?

707606, Aug 25, 2015
  3. LeGoo Win User
    Windows 10 anniversary update failure loop

shut your pc down, restart, shut down, repeat until you go into the advanced boot menu.

LeGoo, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Menu shuts down

1. Menu shuts down - Similar Threads - Menu shuts down

2. How to stop shut down menu delaying?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop shut down menu delaying?: I have a habit of closing apps and shutting my laptop off with Alt + F4. I used to be able to access the shut down menu immediately after closing all apps just by using Alt + F4 continuously. But recently about 2 months now, after closing all apps with Alt + F4, I have to...
  3. How to stop shut down menu delaying?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop shut down menu delaying?: I have a habit of closing apps and shutting my laptop off with Alt + F4. I used to be able to access the shut down menu immediately after closing all apps just by using Alt + F4 continuously. But recently about 2 months now, after closing all apps with Alt + F4, I have to...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.: I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums]. Has...
  8. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  9. Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Shut Down to Desktop Context Menu: I finished upgrading my laptop to Window 10 Pro and I got Microsoft Money Sunset and Frontpage 2003 working. So I am happy. *Party An old problem came back, after a shutdown, the system "resumes" instead of starting without the option of allowing me to get into the bios. I...
  10. Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information If you don't plan to use your PC for a while, then you could fast startup. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...