Windows 10: Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

Discus and support Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I right click on the taskbar or when I try to use the start menu, it continuously scrolls upward, as if the 'up' arrow is being held down. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavedMiner, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

When I right click on the taskbar or when I try to use the start menu, it continuously scrolls upward, as if the 'up' arrow is being held down. But it doesn't do it on websites or in programs, only in the windows functions. Even if the keyboard is unplugged. It just started this today and it's making the start menu and it's making the start menu, among other things, impossible to use.

:)

DavedMiner, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. tomybooy Win User
    Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey all.

I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling.

I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.)

It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in the new windows 10.

The funny thing is that's it shows me the little mark that's get showed when you actually do scroll, but nothing happens.

I'm using Samsung 9 series, with Syntaptics drivers which are installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tomybooy, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

1. Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling. - Similar Threads - Menus start menu

2. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  3. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  4. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto Scrolling In Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling In Menus: Whenever I open the Windows Start menu and settings menus the selection automatically scrolls up. At first it was scrolling down and I thought it was just a glitch that would go away with a restart of my laptop or update but no, now it scrolls up instead for some reason. Is...
  6. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  7. Scrolling on Windows menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling on Windows menus: Hi, I'm having a bug where on windows system menus search bar, device manager it automatically scrolls to the bottom. This makes it impossible to use the search bar and frustrating to use other features. I have reinstalled drivers for mouse and keyboard but it's not an issue...
  8. Win10 Start Menu cascading menus

Win10 Start Menu cascading menus: Is it possible to have the cascading menus with Win 10 as were in Win7? You put your mouse over a folder and it opens up, I can't find out how to do this with 10. Many thanks 40037
  9. Scrolling in Cascading Menus

Scrolling in Cascading Menus: Can't remember if I inquired about this before but, is there a way to be able to scroll (mouse wheel) in Quick Launch cascading menus, instead of having to 'pin point' the little arrow at the bottom and letting it self-scroll in the slow default manner? [img] 51107
  10. Cascading menus in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascading menus in Start menu: Anyone know if I can get back cascading menu in Start menu - so I can access my folders and Word files. I really miss this from Win7. The search isn't good with Win10. I'd prefer to glide to a file from Start Menu, via the Documents folder, instead of having to use a...