Windows 10: Menu's In Firefox, Dropbox, and Windows Explorer Not Refreshing

Discus and support Menu's In Firefox, Dropbox, and Windows Explorer Not Refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on a 12" Retina MacBook and so far it's been great, no issues, couldn't be happier. But starting this week I've been having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boltjames, Mar 6, 2016.

1. boltjames Win User

Menu's In Firefox, Dropbox, and Windows Explorer Not Refreshing

I'm running Windows 10 on a 12" Retina MacBook and so far it's been great, no issues, couldn't be happier.

But starting this week I've been having problems with right click menu's and dropdown menu's in programs like Firefox (bookmark dropdowns), Dropbox (right clicking), and in other spots throughout the operating system.

Not sure what caused this, not sure if anyone knows how to fix it. I've got the most recent Windows 10 updates, all software is up to date as well.

Thanks.

BJ

:)

boltjames, Mar 6, 2016

2. How to add Dropbox --> Quick Access?

I have the same problem. It's not exactly that we want to add the DROPBOX folder to the QUICK ACCESS menu, we want to add a DROPBOX folder to FILE EXPLORER - anywhere!! At the moment I can only access dropbox through the dropbox application - which makes
    it difficult to save files, or copy from file explorer to dropbox.

Does that make sense? Thank you!

JamieH_777, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Firefox-Windows 10- Dashane

Try this easy fix.

Close Dashlane.

Click on the Firefox menu button located in top far right.

Click on the Question Mark at the bottom to the right of "Customize".

Click on "Troubleshooting Information".

Click on "Refresh Firefox".

Wait until refresh process is completed. Close and reopen Firefox.

Open Dashlane.

Click on "Extensions" in menu.

In the drop down menu, click on "Manage Firefox extension".

Follow instructions in browser. You will probably have to reinstall the Firefox extension.

If this works, the Dashlane icon with the green dot will reappear in the top far right where the Firefox menu icon is also located. Dashlane is now working.

JeanJeanie17, Mar 6, 2016
  4. boltjames Win User

I realized I didn't give a complete description of the problem:

When I right click on a file or folder (example Dropbox) or tap a dropdown menu (example Firefox) the menu that flies open often is empty, or only partially rendered, or sometimes completely invisible. Sometimes if I jiggle the cursor around the menu it will render it as I move the cursor around.

Any idea what might be causing this?

BJ

boltjames, Mar 6, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Sounds like a graphics driver to me.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Menu's In Firefox, Dropbox, and Windows Explorer Not Refreshing - Similar Threads - Menu's Firefox Dropbox

2. Window Explorer Refresh Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Explorer Refresh Problem: Can someone tell me a solution to solve the window explorer refresh problem? Frustrating that solution is not permanent and comes back again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-explorer-refresh-problem/1ddfb423-b13d-4d61-aee6-861fcd6f5677
  3. Windows explorer keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer keeps refreshing: I was working on my Surface Pro 3 when my battery went flat. I plugged in my charger and waited for a while. Then I booted up. The Windows Explorer keeps refreshing ever since. I can only access my files on the desktop, not in any folder. When I rebooted in safe mode, it...
  4. I ruined Firefox with Refresh

in Browsers and Email
    I ruined Firefox with Refresh: I was having a problem with Firefox where it seemed to be loading pages very slow. Pages with lot of images on them were coming up with [IMG] where the thumbnails should be and when it was trying to load them it kept giving that "Performing TLS handshake" thing in the lower...
  5. Firefox refresh popup

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox refresh popup: Is there a setting to get rid of this. I get it on new profiles. [img] 140840
  6. Windows explorer not refreshing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer not refreshing: Hello,Windows explorer not refreshing. In folders where video files are, there were thumbnails (small picture of the video clip). Now there are only medium icons with "mp4" text inside.Once when I opened such a folder, there was a yellow progress bar running at the upper side...
  7. Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing: When I am doing file or folder operation in explorer it is not automatically refreshing to reflect the updated changes How to fix this? 136118
  8. Dropbox and Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Dropbox and Windows Explorer: For a while, I have had issues with windows explorer renaming files in my dropbox folders. There is a lag when I go to rename files. Many times if I restart explorer, it speeds up to only slow down. I have tried various things I have found on the net (need to look it up again...
  9. Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 1709, I've noticed that Windows Explorer is refusing to automatically refresh files and folders when a change is made. For example, if I download a file and then delete that file, Explorer prompts if I want to delete the file. I press yes and yet the...
  10. Refresh Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Refresh Firefox in Windows: How to: Refresh Firefox in Windows How to Refresh Firefox in Windows If you're having problems with Firefox, refreshing it can help. The refresh feature fixes many issues by restoring Firefox to its default state while saving your essential information like bookmarks,...