Windows 10: Menus not openning

Discus and support Menus not openning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently built a brand new pc, AMD ryzen 5 2600x with a geforce GTX 1660. Its been working fine the first few days but now that I brought the pc back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kyle42oo, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Kyle42oo Win User

Menus not openning

i recently built a brand new pc, AMD ryzen 5 2600x with a geforce GTX 1660. Its been working fine the first few days but now that I brought the pc back from my dads house for a week, the wifi network list is openning up but not showing networks. I tried going into the start menu to get into settings and the start menu wont open. I right clicked the start menu to get into settings that doesnt work either. When i right click the globe icon in the wifi spot to get into network settings, the settings application opens then closes right away. I did CTRL + ALT + Del to reach the wifi and the same problem occurs. Ive tried doing an NFS scan and nothing worked. I’ve restarted the computer multiple times and even switched the port my wifi usb adapter goes into. The last thing I can think of is getting a better wifi adapter which I am ordering today. This has been going on for 2 days , please provide any tips/solutions that can help me resolve this, thank you.

:)

Kyle42oo, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Menus not openning [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Apr 6, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

dalchina, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Menus not openning

Ya'll are missing the original question

Word is not in the Open with selection list. He wants to add it to that specific .pdf Open with list.

Ztruker, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Menus not openning

1. Menus not openning - Similar Threads - Menus openning

2. When I open setting, there are no menus or options, just the gear icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open setting, there are no menus or options, just the gear icon.: When I open setting, there are no menus or options, just the gear icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-there-are-no-menus-or-options/3f4be04f-56e5-476c-badd-1ac916b31484
  3. When I open setting, there are no menus or options, just the gear icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open setting, there are no menus or options, just the gear icon.: When I open setting, there are no menus or options, just the gear icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-there-are-no-menus-or-options/3f4be04f-56e5-476c-badd-1ac916b31484
  4. Website Menus Automatically Opening By Pass-Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Website Menus Automatically Opening By Pass-Over: Can I control a website-menu auto-opening without clicking on it?Many websites will shot-gun you just passing over a menu without clicking on something in it. I tried checking the mouse function below, but it was already unchecked.Is there anything more I can do to prevent a...
  5. Website Menus Automatically Opening By Pass-Over

Website Menus Automatically Opening By Pass-Over: Can I control a website-menu auto-opening without clicking on it?Many websites will shot-gun you just passing over a menu without clicking on something in it. I tried checking the mouse function below, but it was already unchecked.Is there anything more I can do to prevent a...
  6. Website Menus Automatically Opening By Pass-Over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows app are not working setting or windows menus is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows app are not working setting or windows menus is not opening: hi I just updated to the newer version of Windows 11 a few days ago and none of the Windows apps are opening I can only get Win+r to workI can only go into a few things in the control panel. windows settings won't open. it keeps saying "the package not registered"all the...
  8. windows app are not working setting or windows menus is not opening

windows app are not working setting or windows menus is not opening: hi I just updated to the newer version of Windows 11 a few days ago and none of the Windows apps are opening I can only get Win+r to workI can only go into a few things in the control panel. windows settings won't open. it keeps saying "the package not registered"all the...
  9. Clicking on the icons for wifi, sound and battery does not open up any menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on the icons for wifi, sound and battery does not open up any menus?: When I try to click on the icons in my windows 11 computer it does not open up the settings? These icons in the bottom right corner:The icons like the wifi menu and the sound settings and battery settings open up nothing when I left click on them, but when I right click on...
  10. Clicking on the icons for wifi, sound and battery does not open up any menus?

Clicking on the icons for wifi, sound and battery does not open up any menus?: When I try to click on the icons in my windows 11 computer it does not open up the settings? These icons in the bottom right corner:The icons like the wifi menu and the sound settings and battery settings open up nothing when I left click on them, but when I right click on...