Windows 10: Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out

Discus and support Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As above: All the menus in apps from the Store/Metro (e.g, Sticky notes or the shutdown menu) are blocked by bars seconds after popping up. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alvaro Viñals Guitart, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out

As above:

All the menus in apps from the Store/Metro (e.g, Sticky notes or the shutdown menu) are blocked by bars seconds after popping up. This has been the case since 1803 version, but now with 1903 even the start menu suffers from it:

Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out f3dda883-1d0b-4403-91af-39f964aea1b5?upload=true.png

It seems to flicker on and off randomly here, but for apps, once it´s there is there. The actual text stays in for a few seconds or so.

Any ideas?

:)

Alvaro Viñals Guitart, Jun 19, 2019

2. Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out

As above:

All the menus in apps from the Store/Metro (e.g, Sticky notes or the shutdown menu) are blocked by bars seconds after popping up. This has been the case since 1803 version, but now with 1903 even the start menu suffers from it:

Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out f3dda883-1d0b-4403-91af-39f964aea1b5?upload=true.png

It seems to flicker on and off randomly here, but for apps, once it´s there is there. The actual text stays in for a few seconds or so.

Any ideas?

Alvaro Viñals Guitart, Jun 27, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out

1. Menus which depend on Metro are grayed out - Similar Threads - Menus depend Metro

2. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light grayed out: So I was trying to turn on night light when I noticed it was grayed out. I use night light alot and for some reason it was grayed out. I tried everything from updating my drivers to deleting blue reduction state to restarting my computer and yet nothing works. I love using...
  3. Domain option grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain option grayed out: I am unable to add our new devices to our active directory. The new devices are running on windows 11. It is currently on Workgroup, But I need it to be added to the domain. I work at a school district in the IT department....
  4. Tamper Protection grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tamper Protection grayed out: Hi,on my Windows Security panel. the Tamper Protection button is grayed off. I would like to turn it off to temporarily turn off my real-time protection. there is a warning saying "This setting is managed by your administrator." but the thing is. this is my personal PC and...
  5. Annoying crashes depending on which network im on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying crashes depending on which network im on: So basically, I own a old computer because I can't afford a new one. Win 7 on it but this isn't the point. The problem here is the fact that my computer will crashes if i'm playing games if i'm connected to my network. Currently subscrided to Free. But will never freezes nor...
  6. Annoying crashes depending on which network im on

Annoying crashes depending on which network im on: So basically, I own a old computer because I can't afford a new one. Win 7 on it but this isn't the point. The problem here is the fact that my computer will crashes if i'm playing games if i'm connected to my network. Currently subscrided to Free. But will never freezes nor...
  7. autorotation grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorotation grayed out: my hp elitebook has its autorotation grayed out, i have tried every possible method mentioned online that i found, it has benn like this for months. i did the regerdit method where i make the 0 value to 1 in Enable and in LastOrientation, but when i reboot as it is advised...
  8. Printer grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer grayed out: Hello,I’m new user of windows 10, and I tried to install a printer and it’s connected via Ethernet LAN, but the windows keep add it as a grayed out icon, and it didn’t give me the opportunity to define the ip port number since the icon is already gray and it seems as if it’s...
  9. Location Services Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...
  10. Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced

Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced: A bit of background info: I have installed Windows 10 about 5 times. The first 4 it would only work until the first reboot because during the setup phase it would automatically install a faulty driver and on the first available restart my Windows would break and I would have...