Windows 10: Menus wont go bold

Discus and support Menus wont go bold in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone else notice this partial regression to a past bug. Remember when you tried to change text size and boldness in Settings > Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Menus wont go bold

Has anyone else notice this partial regression to a past bug.

Remember when you tried to change text size and boldness in Settings > Advanced Display Settings > Advanced sizing of text and other settings, and it would revert back on the next reboot?

Since the anniversary update, this is what I am experiencing, but only with the "bold" menu setting.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 20, 2016
  2. mccbleue Win User

Turning off phone icons

Whilst in the menu, go to Options>Main menu view>List - this will change all of the menus into a list format which do still have icons but they are less significant and the options are presented in clear, bold type.

mccbleue, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Ty-Dapa Win User
    Bold menu text

Thanks to you, too, Andre

Ty-Dapa, Sep 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Menus wont go bold

Hi, may I be bold enough to say 'That doesn't happen on my laptop'.
    Build 14393.187

Unfortunately I can't think what to suggest.. sounds like it's a problem you're familiar with.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Good one.

So in "Advanced sizing of text and other settings" your can alter the font sizes and bold value for all the categories? I just did a fresh install. What did I do wrong, I wonder.

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 21, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, well, it just takes a small change or corruption somewhere within the registry or Windows. Something installed, disk corruption, random chance....many possibilities given most of Windows is exposed to changes by the user or other software. To me the amazing thing is there aren't more problems. This forum wouldn't be so busy if the OS and its sections of the registry were on an isolated partition, for example, which users couldn't normally write to.

I could have suggested the standard things...
    system restore point (I assume you considered that- sorry, I normally mention it)

Then
    chkdsk C: /F
    sfc /scannow
    then an in-place upgrade repair

Unfortunately I can't recall seeing a report of this before, so no specific small fix. Otherwise you'd either need
    - someone who's seen this before
    - a successful search, and a fix that works.

So for the future:
    a. Make sure System restore is enabled - you can set up your own scheduled task to create a daily restore point
    b. Use disk imaging routinely:
    Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your disks and partitions to a previous working state, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  7. Yes, devoted user of Macrium and AOMEI Backerupper.

Not a good sign when your the only one experiencing a peculiar problem *Sad

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Menus wont go bold

1. Menus wont go bold - Similar Threads - Menus wont bold

2. wont go windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wont go windows update: not work windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-go-windows-update/d19bcb14-a3e8-45ff-a1eb-b4f177a09284
  3. wont go windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wont go windows update: not work windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-go-windows-update/d19bcb14-a3e8-45ff-a1eb-b4f177a09284
  4. BSOD Wont go away...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Wont go away...: Hi, Over the past year I've had a range of BSODs. They had a variety of different error codes and after looking into it it seemed that my RAM was the problem. After plenty of testing I found that one stick was faulty so I replaced it and ended up being fine for a while. Flash...
  5. Games wont go fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games wont go fullscreen: When i launch the game it instantly gets minimazed,cant open it ,in any single way. Started happening after the latest update. I did everything,reinstalled display drivers,updated drivers,reinstalled the games,and finally reinstalled the whole windows ,and still nothing...
  6. Trojan that wont go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan that wont go: My friend told me to download a mod for my game and my antivirus or windows defender did not flag it but its when it got an update that it flaged it the name of the trojan is Trojan:Win32/Woreflint.A!cl and i try to remove it from windows defender doesn't work and i tried...
  7. Windows menus "going crazy" after some time

Windows menus "going crazy" after some time: https://youtu.be/80f5EebL8zs As the video shows, after some time all of the windows menus and appsbesides file explorer and task menager for some reason start to have this issue where it will move around like if you were spamming tab or something like that, any other...
  8. Balloon Bold Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  9. App menus go to the left instead of to the right

App menus go to the left instead of to the right: Windows 10 Home 1909, OS build: 18363.693 --------------------------------------------------------------- Hi. Recently I've installed MP3Tag on my computer and menus are going to the opposite direction as seen in photo: [ATTACH] Then I checked other programs, and a few...
  10. Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?: As I get older I find that the default menu & sub-menu displays are getting harder to read. I switched the main display scheme to be high contrast, however, the sub-menu displays are still very washed out to me. I am now using the Dark scheme but still the sub-menu displays...