Windows 10: mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown.

Discus and support mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] During shutdown, the process might be interrupted by an error message that reads: mep.exe - Application Error The instruction at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/galrinal, May 30, 2020.

1. mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown.

mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown. d8XT09C7ZZVdEwXXxyNQtukMclgdSRAkJh2CgU_auSA.jpg

During shutdown, the process might be interrupted by an error message that reads:

mep.exe - Application Error The instruction at 0x00000000773FE478 referenced memory at 0x000000000020006E. The memory could not be read. Click OK to teminate the program.

I can't think of a pattern for when this message interrupts shutdown and when it doesn't, it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes the laptop will look like it's shut down, but when I turn it on again I see the start-up picture with no UI, and I have to press Ctrl to bring up this error message and try to shutdown again. I'm assuming "mep" stands for MyEpsonPortal.

Sometimes during the interruption a message will say that fax data is being sent or received during shutdown. We don't have a fax machine in the house.

What do I do?

https://preview.redd.it/4fw7h6863w1...bp&s=7c984d4f806941c23ae3602027582360fd79d2dc

submitted by /u/galrinal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/galrinal, May 30, 2020

2. received application error regsvr32.exe

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

1. When exactly does this error occur?

2. Did you try running any application?

3. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

4. Which edition of Windows 10 are you using? Is it Windows 10 pro?

Regsvr32.exe Application Error Codes are caused by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system or by the following reasons:

*Missing or damaged or modified .dll files.

*Invalid Entry or Command Path.

*Active X control errors.

*Registry issues.

*Viral or Malware Attack.

Since we did not receive a detail information on this issue and as an initial troubleshooting step,
    I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform a full pc virus scan using Windows Defender. Before performing virus scan, it is recommended to update Windows Defender.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 30, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?!

This shows you exactly which process vs number of bytes sent and received as I suggested above:

mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown. [​IMG]

As it says- must run as admin.

dalchina, May 30, 2020
  4. hpholm Win User

mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown.

Sent versus received packet data?

Hi
    lauradsfw

A data connection always has both sent and received packets. It's like a phone conversation, only between computers instead of people - sometimes one talk more than the other.

I suggest reset the data counter in the phone. It is difficult to keep track of the usage when it starts counting in Gigabytes, and easier when it counts Megabytes.

Please notice the operator may count the data usage differently than the phone.

Some more reading if you are curious what makes the Internet work:

Internet protocol suite - Wikipedia

--

Hans

hpholm, May 30, 2020
Thema:

mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown.

1. mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown. - Similar Threads - mep exe Error

2. I'm looking for the location of all SENT FAXES in the Fax & Scan application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm looking for the location of all SENT FAXES in the Fax & Scan application: I need to export these for confirmation that they were sent. No idea where they are at this point. . .anyone? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-looking-for-the-location-of-all-sent-faxes-in/b01e1f0a-6e07-467f-9091-adc699b8c7df
  3. receive a fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    receive a fax: cannot receive fax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receive-a-fax/eb196891-f121-40c7-8343-feda0d7dc190
  4. Error during shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error during shutdown: When I tried to shut down, nvpbc plugin shutdown message appeared. My PC use the new windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-during-shutdown/8c88ca25-79ef-41ca-9647-3ca61fa4190d
  5. Error messages being received

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error messages being received: I am currently running Windows10 Professional version 1903 - Build 18362.778 A number of times during the past week I have had a message appear on my desktop. Can anyone tell me what it is please and is it anything I need to be concerned about or, is there anything that I...
  6. Error messages being received

in Windows 10 Support
    Error messages being received: I am currently running Windows10 Professional version 1903 - Build 18362.778 A number of times during the past week I have had a message appear on my desktop. Can anyone tell me what it is please and is it anything I need to be concerned about or, is there anything that I...
  7. Hotmail emails being sent are not being received

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hotmail emails being sent are not being received: Emails I am sending are not being received but they are showing as sent in my Sent Folder. This has been happening for the last few weeks. I noticed this only after sending an email with lots of attachments photo's and it was not received. I have now deleted and completely...
  8. Sent emails are not being received

in Browsers and Email
    Sent emails are not being received: I'm new to the forum and am looking for any help regarding an issue that started a few days ago. I am able to receive email messages, but when I send anything, it is only reflected in my sent file, but never reaches any recipients. I use a local email service, GVTC webmail,...
  9. Receiving a fax massage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Receiving a fax massage: Is there any app that allows us to receive a fax to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-a-fax-massage/a891e66c-b8bf-4c3e-ab38-fbabebe23088
  10. receive a fax to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    receive a fax to my laptop: is there a program in Microsoft office that will allow me to receive a fax. I do not need to send just receive? Moved from: (Office | More Office apps | Windows 10 | Unknown/other)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc shuzdown fax data is being send

2. windows 10 fax is being sent on shutdown

3. fax data is being sent

4. mep.exe error on shutdown,
  5. mep.exe application error on shutdown