Windows 10: Merge accounts

Discus and support Merge accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter added an account on my computer so she could do her homework while in college. She has now moved out, how can I merge her account and mine... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AnnettePierson, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Merge accounts

My daughter added an account on my computer so she could do her homework while in college. She has now moved out, how can I merge her account and mine into one master account?

:)

AnnettePierson, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

1. Multiple accounts are probably against the rules.
    2. Why did you create a new account?
    3. Why do you want to merge them?

Frick, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Merge accounts

merging two accounts?/

Hi George,

There are several account types used in the Windows 10 operating system, this includes the administrator accounts, local user accounts, personal email accounts and your Microsoft account. Some accounts can be merged but do take note that this depends on
    what you would like to merge. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When you mentioned that after changing an account password you now have two accounts, we would like to confirm if what you mean is that another new account under a different name got created instead?
    • What is the account that you were attempting to change the password on?
    • We would also like to confirm what is that account that you would like to merge?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Merge accounts

1. Merge accounts - Similar Threads - Merge accounts

2. Merge multiple mail accounts into one in outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Merge multiple mail accounts into one in outlook 365: Bought a new PC and installed office 365 on it. All is good except an outlook issue. I have 3 different gmail addresses. Now in out look, I get 3 sets of folders for each - as an example, I have 3 inboxes for each of them. On my old computer I had only one Inbox and all mail...
  3. Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC: I just installed my Windows 10 PC this Tuesday and installed all bunch of software that I need for my work and hobbies. That's a lot of apps and time spent on installing and setting them up. Then today, I just found that I logged in a local Windows 10 account, but once I...
  4. Merge 2 microsoft accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merge 2 microsoft accounts: I have been searching for a way to merge or link 2 active Microsoft accounts. Is this possible or not and if it is possible, please tell me how! It drives me nuts having these 2 active accounts and I wish I could merge them........
  5. How can you merge your xbox live account with minecraft windows 10 edition 1.14.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you merge your xbox live account with minecraft windows 10 edition 1.14.2: I've been trying to play with my xbox friends and I could not join them or find any info about joining https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-you-merge-your-xbox-live-account-with/4910784d-496f-4957-918b-6d0d29e3ceb4
  6. My account merged with my work computer when I signed into Word. How to undo?

My account merged with my work computer when I signed into Word. How to undo?: This has never happened before until recently when I was forced to re-log into my microsoft account in order to use Word. How do I undo this? I cannot have my personal things on my work computer and vice-versa....
  7. Merging 2 Microsoft accounts

Merging 2 Microsoft accounts: Hi, I have two Microsoft accounts and I have Minecraft wndows 10 edition on this one but my main one does not. I would like to merge the two accounts, however, just transferring MC onto the other one is fine...
  8. Merged user accounts!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Merged user accounts!: Two of us use Windows 10. Recently our two accounts seem to have become linked in some way - eg our Word documents will appear on each others list of documents or our desk top pictures appear on the other one's desktop. How can we unmerge?? 132348
  9. Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW: I recently bought MS Office & Visio 2019 for my home pc. In doing so I inadvertently set up a new MS Account using my work email address that I do not have access to at home. I have an existing MS Account that I use which has my main (personal) email address associated...
  10. Merge Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merge Accounts: I just bought a new laptop and did not realize that on my former laptop, my Microsoft account was linked to a different email. Thus, when I was setting up my new laptop, I used the email that I thought I had used, but now I have two separate Microsoft Accounts. What I need to...