Windows 10: Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW

Discus and support Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently bought MS Office & Visio 2019 for my home pc. In doing so I inadvertently set up a new MS Account using my work email address that I do... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rsgcan, May 9, 2019.

1. rsgcan Win User

Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW

I recently bought MS Office & Visio 2019 for my home pc. In doing so I inadvertently set up a new MS Account using my work email address that I do not have access to at home. I have an existing MS Account that I use which has my main (personal) email address associated with it. My concern is that as I bought the SW through the online store, I do not have a “hard copy” of the SW on a USB/DVD as it was a direct download. If I ever have to reinstall the SW due to replacing my home pc (sometime in next couple years), I would be unable to do so if I no longer have access to the work email that is associated with the MS Account that the SW was purchased under.

The forums that I have read say that there is no way to merge the accounts so that I can access both from one (ie. The MS Account associated with my personal email).

Is there some way that the purchased SW can be moved from the account it was purchased under to my original account, so that I can close down the new account?

Or alternatively, is there some way that I can create a “hard copy” to a USB/DVD of the SW so that when I replace my home pc I can direct install the SW without having to worry about the account (and can closeout the account with the work email)?

:)

rsgcan, May 9, 2019

2. Sunrise SW-Xcape In-ears

Sunrise known for their well performing earbuds also produce a set of quite interesting in-ears. Dubbed the SW-Xcape these in-ears are priced at a somewhat reasonable $80.

Show full review

Frederik S, May 9, 2019
  3. N8 SW Update Refreshing failed

My phone is N8 (Grey, Anna).

While refreshing SW Update list, it got "SW Update Refreshing failed" error.

Why does it occur?

Michael_PSB, May 9, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW

Genius Intros SW-A2.1 700 Speaker System

Genius introduces a new 2.1ch subwoofer system, the SW-A2.1 700 for desktop/laptop users. Its wooden subwoofer has a 4inch unit driver with a wide reflex cabinet for excellent deep bass performance. The elegant satellite speakers have a 50x90mm textile-covered driver for clear and detailed mid and high range frequencies for realistic sound.

There are also volume and bass controls with a green LED on the front of the subwoofer for easy control and recognition. In addition, SW-A2.1 700 has a AUX in and headphone jack, for audio input from various mobile devices for personal enjoyment. SW-A2.1 700 is ideal for listening to music, watching movies or playing games with a wide range of frequencies and enhanced bass.

Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW 248a_thm.jpg

Product Features
    • Total output power twenty-two watts(RMS)
    • Ultra-rigid wooden cabinet subwoofer
    • 4-inch subwoofer driver for deep bass
    • 50x90mm fine textile-covered driver
    • Adjustable Volume and Bass control
    • Line in and headphone jack
    • Great for music listening or gaming on a desktop or laptop

btarunr, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Merge MS Accounts, or Transfer SW purchses, or create "hard copies" of purchased SW - Similar Threads - Merge Accounts Transfer

2. Anti Malware sw eating up my mem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti Malware sw eating up my mem: I go into task manager and find that anti malware is taking 100 percent mem and a lot of cpu. It is causing my cpu to work at a crawl almost unusable help please...
  3. Merge Accounts

Merge Accounts: I just bought a new laptop and did not realize that on my former laptop, my Microsoft account was linked to a different email. Thus, when I was setting up my new laptop, I used the email that I thought I had used, but now I have two separate Microsoft Accounts. What I need to...
  4. Merge microsoft account purchases?

Merge microsoft account purchases?: Bit of an odd situation here, a while back for reasons I've forgotten, I ended up purchasing games (forza games on windows 10) on one dummy microsoft account and playing them on another which had my proper gamertag, stats, etc. Now although this works, it's gotten to be quite...
  5. Transfer of purchased Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of purchased Word: I had my laptop replaced by its manufacture, due to a warranty issue, how do I get my paid for Word transferred on to the new computer, as they deleted everything on the old one....
  6. s there backup sw that will add increm. backups to oriiginal backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    s there backup sw that will add increm. backups to oriiginal backup: Is there a software program that will add you incremental weekly backups to the original full backup instead of creating new large backup files every time it does an incremental backup? Am using EASUS todo and it keeps creating large incremental backups in addition to the...
  7. Latest SW ver but Win 10 won't allow it to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest SW ver but Win 10 won't allow it to install: I have a new HP Envy 17t with Windows 10 64 bit. I have been installing various bits of software that I need to have. However, with some applications I get a strange error pop up, first a window telling me that the application is from an unknown source then, when I click OK,...
  8. Best Windows SW to sync Calendar and contacts with iCloud/iPhone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Windows SW to sync Calendar and contacts with iCloud/iPhone?: I currently use Outlook 2010 because I have a paid license but I'm willing to upgrade. This works Ok with iCloud but what I don't like is that I can't make my icloud calendar the default in Outlook so I don't get reminders on my PC. What I end up doing is manually copying...
  9. Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix?: Hi I'm having wifi problems with my lappy, but I can't figure-out whether it is hardware or software. There is evidence to suggest that recent versions of Windows 10 have been causing wifi problems. If the problem _is_ with Windows and they are going to fix it, then I can...
  10. Windows 10 and a big problem with uninstall of sw

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and a big problem with uninstall of sw: Hi, I have a big problem with W10, installed a few days ago. I deleted Photoshop C6 from my pc using Revo Uninstaller.It erased both the program and Acrobat Reader. And he left my pc:- without audio (and I also do the help can not tell me how to fix it)- W10 no longer has the...