Windows 10: Merge several unallocated spaces into one.

Discus and support Merge several unallocated spaces into one. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this, I have three, unallocated spaces on my laptop and I want to merge them into one new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joeuyy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Joeuyy Win User

Merge several unallocated spaces into one.

Hello guys,

I was wondering if you can help me out with this, I have three, unallocated spaces on my laptop and I want to merge them into one new partition. Bear in mind that I have basic disk partitioning, do I need to transition to dynamic and is it possible to loss some data in the process ?

Merge several unallocated spaces into one. [​IMG]

Merge several unallocated spaces into one. [​IMG]

:)

Joeuyy, Jan 7, 2017
  2. Gocanaroj Win User

Can't re-allocate unallocated space from deleted partition

I tried the link you recommended, but didn't find any solution to my problem.

Most of them were suggesting different 3rd party programs for the problem I'm having, but it seems like the unallocated space I want to merge has to be directly adjacent to the space I want to merge it to. Is there any way around this?

As you can see by the image, there's a 858MB space for Recovery that is between my primary partition and the unallocated space I want to merge with. Is there any way to move the 858 space on the other side of the unallocated space so I can merge the two
    that I want to merge?

Thanks.

Gocanaroj, Jan 7, 2017
  3. Expanding C drive partition

The next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition. Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Download: MiniTool Partition Wizard
    Install then run.
    Right click on C: -> Move/Resize. A Windows popup . Hold down C: then drag to the left. Do the same for D: and E:
    Click "OK" then click "Apply", The program will reboot then perform the change.
    Once done, you should have: C:, D:, E: and ~60GB unallocated at the end.

topgundcp, Jan 7, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    He also has to move the System Reserved partition to the left as well. Basically what @topgundcp stated, but move the System Reserved partition with the rest of the others.

Also, when you are done moving partitions, you are going to have to convert E: drive to a logical partition. You cannot have more than 4 primary partitions on an MBR hard drive, and you are wanting to add a 5th partition. So the current E: drive and the partition you create after it will have to be logical.

NavyLCDR, Jan 7, 2017
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Correct. I missed that.

topgundcp, Jan 7, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The other option is to move the boot files to the C: drive partition using a program like EasyBCD. Then you can just delete the System Reserved partition.

NavyLCDR, Jan 7, 2017
  8. Farvatten Win User

Thanks!

This advice and tool helped me remove an insignificant, yet irritatingly unallocated black box partition at the beginning of a brand new external hard drive.

I'm forever appreciative of the news, help, and tips I find here.

Farvatten, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Merge several unallocated spaces into one. - Similar Threads - Merge several unallocated

2. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  3. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  4. Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive: I shrank 6.86 GB from my D drive and tried to extend my C Drive with it, but the extend storage option on my C drive is not working or blurred out. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running on Windows 11 Home Single Language.Thanks!...
  5. Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding merging of unallocated space in C drive.: I want to resize my C drive that's why i unallocated 100 GB space from my D drive. After that when i right click on C drive it is still not showing extend volume option. [ATTACH] Then i search online and i found some tools like EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition...
  6. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  7. Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to allocate or merge the unallocated disk space: i installed ubuntu with windows like in a dual boot setup after sometime i didn't required it so i deleted ubuntu and removed the dual boot... now when i try to reclaim the partition of around 45 GB to be used for ubuntu i am neither able to merge it with my main data drive...
  8. Can i merge unallocated space on SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can i merge unallocated space on SSD?: [img] Can i merge the 4.88gb into the 926.63gb? 134244
  9. Can i merge unallocated space on SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i merge unallocated space on SSD?: [img] Can i merge the 4.88gb into the 926.63gb? 134244
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...