Windows 10: Merge .tar with CMD

Discus and support Merge .tar with CMD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, My server backups are automatically send to Onedrive, but the Onedrive API splits the .tar files. So I need to merge the files, before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Solidjeuh, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Solidjeuh Win User

Merge .tar with CMD

Hello all,

My server backups are automatically send to Onedrive, but the Onedrive API splits the .tar files.
    So I need to merge the files, before I can open them on my PC.

The backups have a different names each day, so it's a pain in the ass to always look for the file names, and then merge.

Is there a CMD command that can do that automatically ?

This is the command:
    copy /B/Y backup_1909051552.tar + backup_1909051552.tar1 D:\Onedrive\serverbackup.tar

I would like CMD to auto find the name of the .tar files "backup_1909051552".
    Something like:
    copy /B/Y §.tar + §.tar1 D:\Onedrive\serverbackup.tar

I hope you understand what I'm asking, and if this is possible?

:)

Solidjeuh, Sep 5, 2019
  2. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Sep 5, 2019
  3. apt-cyg install fails, /usr/bin/tar: This does not look like a tar archive

When I try to run apt-cyg to install some Cygwin package, I get the following:

It performs this in a loop, continuously returning back to the original package, and then iterating through its dependencies.

I am using Cygwin on Windows 10. I have attempted:

• Reinstalling Cygwin and apt-cyg (hoping, mostly, that the root of this was some sort of faulty tar install or bad settings file a reinstall would restore to default)
    • Running Cygwin in an cmd shell that is "run as administrator"
    • Modifying my PATH variable to have /cygwin/bin at the top, heirarchically
    • Waiting patiently for the Sun to eventually expand and swallow the Earth

Any suggestions that can help me forward would be immensely appreciated.

Bradley Evans, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Merge .tar with CMD

Marivel Man, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Merge .tar with CMD

1. Merge .tar with CMD - Similar Threads - Merge tar CMD

2. Issues on a TAR file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues on a TAR file: I had a TAR file size of over 90 GB stored in my HDD, I'm trying to Extract it to a drive. some files are getting extracted with no issues, but some pause the extraction and say 0x80070003:the system cannot find the path specified. and it happens for a lot of files.It is all...
  3. Issues on a TAR file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues on a TAR file: I had a TAR file size of over 90 GB stored in my HDD, I'm trying to Extract it to a drive. some files are getting extracted with no issues, but some pause the extraction and say 0x80070003:the system cannot find the path specified. and it happens for a lot of files.It is all...
  4. Reset Windows for .tar Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset Windows for .tar Files: Hello,I need to reset Windows so that it stops trying to open .tar files with different programs. I cannot work with these files anymore because it wants me to choose which program to open them with. Renaming the file only works for one file. I need Windows to leave my .tar...
  5. Reset Windows for .tar Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows for .tar Files: Hello,I need to reset Windows so that it stops trying to open .tar files with different programs. I cannot work with these files anymore because it wants me to choose which program to open them with. Renaming the file only works for one file. I need Windows to leave my .tar...
  6. Reset Windows for .tar Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Merging in Mailing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Merging in Mailing: Trying to merge info onto envelopes in "Mailing" A message jumps up 'Catastrophic Error' Went to Updates ,Restarted , nothing helps Need Help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-in-mailing/4b6f16ef-556f-4988-975a-83f23ec18c8e
  8. tar on windows fails to extract archive containing symlink

tar on windows fails to extract archive containing symlink: Running tar xjf libexpat-libexpat-R_2_2_6.tar.gz gives the following error: libexpat-R_2_2_6/README.md: Can't create '\\\\?\\C:\\current\\dir\\libexpat-R_2_2_6\\README.md' tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors. The archive can be downloaded from GitHub:...
  9. To be merged

To be merged: Split from this thread. Hello Greg please I need your help. I have an issue with my drive. My computer is not able to boot to desktop so I placed a new hard drive in it and install a new OS after installtion when i tried opening the drive from disk management I am told I...
  10. Tar and Curl Command-line Tools Come to Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Tar and Curl Command-line Tools Come to Windows: Beginning in Windows 10 Insider Build 17063, we’re introducing two command-line tools to the Windows toolchain: curl and bsdtar. It’s been a long time coming, I know. We’d like to give credit to the folks who’ve created and maintain bsdtar and curl—awesome open-source tools...