Windows 10: Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase

Discus and support Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I have an old Microsoft account that I no longer use, but I own Minecraft for Windows 10 on it. I would like to merge that old account with my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnonymousBerry, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase

Hello, I have an old Microsoft account that I no longer use, but I own Minecraft for Windows 10 on it. I would like to merge that old account with my current account with all of my other Microsoft purchases, so that I can download and play this game. I do not want to spend money on a game I already own because of the two-account issue. Thank you!

:)

AnonymousBerry, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Vario Win User

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Hi Guys,

I posted here as Vario back in 2005-2008. Subsequently no longer have my college email address and do not remember the password I used for the Vario account. I can't request the reset be sent because I don't have access to the college email anymore. The University deletes the old accounts after graduation.

Any way I can merge these two accounts? I can try to provide proof that I own that account if you want but not sure how. The last time I logged in was in 2008 so its been quite some time.

I can keep trying old passwords to get in but the site popped up a warning after I did it too frequently.

Thanks.

Vario, Sep 2, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User

I doubt Wiz will be able to merge the accounts. However, he should be able to get you access to the old account, he'll just need to know what the email address was that you originally registered it under and he can change the email address associcated with the account once you give him the necessary info and then you can request a password reset.

AFAIK, having multiple account isn't technically against the rules unless you are using the second account to get around posting restrictions. Like if you were banned or have infractions that prevent you from posting on the forums and use the second account to post.

newtekie1, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase

1. Multiple accounts are probably against the rules.
    2. Why did you create a new account?
    3. Why do you want to merge them?

Frick, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase

1. Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase - Similar Threads - Merge accounts delete

2. Taking over an old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over an old account: I recently took over a restaurant. The old GM was logged into his Microsoft Account on the Restaurants PC. I was using this account and there is a ton of sensitive information saved to the account. Overnight the computer restarted and now I can not log in as I do not know any...
  3. Taking over an old account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Taking over an old account: I recently took over a restaurant. The old GM was logged into his Microsoft Account on the Restaurants PC. I was using this account and there is a ton of sensitive information saved to the account. Overnight the computer restarted and now I can not log in as I do not know any...
  4. Merge/transfer accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge/transfer accounts: Hi, I ideally want to link my Microsoft accounts, I had one for Xbox then ended up making a new one when buying MS 10 a while back. Can I merge these as every time I open Xbox app on PC says not linked and need to change which is just a bit of a pain, not end of the world...
  5. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  6. Merging two Microsoft accounts.

Merging two Microsoft accounts.: Hi, I was wondering if that's possible to merge my two Microsoft accounts. What I mean is: I want to have all bought history on my new account, achievements Insider status, and I am doing that because i am receiving a lot of spams on my old account - I can't stand this. If...
  7. Merging two user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Merging two user accounts: I recently got a new computer, today I noticed that I have two user accounts, one by my email and one by my first name. The files shown on my desktop appear to be identical. How can I merge these accounts? I am afraid to delete one because I'm not sure if everything is...
  8. Transferring Purchase to Another Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Purchase to Another Account: I was wondering how I can transfer a purchase I made in Microsoft Store to another Microsoft account. I need to transfer because I'm not using this account anymore....
  9. Merging two account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging two account: Hi i searched but i codun't find the answer. I got two accounts one through my mail one through my phone number. And every time i try to merge them it says "there is another account with that mail" or something similar. So how can i merge account which is resisted on my...
  10. Merge microsoft account purchases?

Merge microsoft account purchases?: Bit of an odd situation here, a while back for reasons I've forgotten, I ended up purchasing games (forza games on windows 10) on one dummy microsoft account and playing them on another which had my proper gamertag, stats, etc. Now although this works, it's gotten to be quite...