Windows 10: Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro

Discus and support Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to merge the unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk on windows10 pro. when i right click on the new volume, the extend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GTAComputertech, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro

I am unable to merge the unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk on windows10 pro.

when i right click on the new volume, the extend partition is gray out.

i tried everything but still have no option to merge both partition on the same disk.

see photo below.

disk (C): Samsung SSD 500GB (windows 10 pro)

New Volume: seagate 4TB ( need to merge both partition)

Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro d7fa88f5-7001-459e-961c-ba3ea8ef1f9f?upload=true.png

:)

GTAComputertech, Dec 26, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Not Getting Able to Merge Drive with Unallocated Space!

You should be able to right click on partition I:, in Disk Management, and select Extend volume... to add the unallocated space to partition I:. It should be as simple as that. You can't "merge" unallocated space with a partition, because unallocated space is not a partition. To "merge" 2 things those things need to be the same type of thing.

And no, it's not illegal to copy files to another drive.

MrGenius, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Merging three unallocated partitions into one.

I followed these steps but I do not get the option to extend the volume only to shrink it as the extend option is gray.

jermainejoy, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro

Merging three unallocated partitions into one.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are willing to align all unallocated space to one drive. Correct me if I am wrong. If that is the scenario then you may try he steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Open the Disk management window.
    • Right click on the first unallocated partition and select the option to create a volume.
    • Follow the on screen instruction to create a volume.
    • After creating volume right click on that and select the option extend volume.
    • Now a new window will pop up from where you can add the other unallocated partition to this newly created volume.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro

1. Merge Unallocated partition with New Volume on same disk windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Merge Unallocated partition

2. Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk: Hello, I'm trying to merge these two unallocated partitions into one. I can't do it with partition manager. Is this something that requires a 3rd party utility? This is on a Basic disk/SSD. I downloaded EaseUS and it can easily do this but it wants $50 to do this! I bought...
  3. Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk: Hello, I'm trying to merge these two unallocated partitions into one. I can't do it with partition manager. Is this something that requires a 3rd party utility? This is on a Basic disk/SSD. I downloaded EaseUS and it can easily do this but it wants $50 to do this! I bought...
  4. Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive: Hello,I am trying to merge 93.15 GB of unallocated disk space to my main windows drive, but the option to extend the volume is greyed out. I do not want to format both partitions as I have data on my main drive. How can I combine this unallocated disk space?Thank you...
  6. Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot extend volume greyed out to merge unallocated disk space on same drive: Hello,I am trying to merge 93.15 GB of unallocated disk space to my main windows drive, but the option to extend the volume is greyed out. I do not want to format both partitions as I have data on my main drive. How can I combine this unallocated disk space?Thank you...
  7. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  8. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  9. Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.: I bought a new pc, but when they set it up for me, they split the single drive into two partitions. I've been trying to merge them again, but there's a Healthy Recovery partition between the C drive and the D drive partitions. I've downloaded AOMEI Partition assistant, but...
  10. Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.: I bought a new pc, but when they set it up for me, they split the single drive into two partitions. I've been trying to merge them again, but there's a Healthy Recovery partition between the C drive and the D drive partitions. I've downloaded AOMEI Partition assistant, but...