Windows 10: Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed my Windows 10 PC this Tuesday and installed all bunch of software that I need for my work and hobbies. That's a lot of apps and time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Franva, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Franva Win User

Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC

I just installed my Windows 10 PC this Tuesday and installed all bunch of software that I need for my work and hobbies.

That's a lot of apps and time spent on installing and setting them up.

Then today, I just found that I logged in a local Windows 10 account, but once I switched to my Microsoft account which is associated with my Hotmail address, all installed apps(I installed them for All Users) need to be installed again, that's such a waste of space of my Hard Drive disk.

May I just merge the local Windows 10 account into my Microsoft account?

So that the app installed will be immediately available?

:)

Franva, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC :(

Zakin, Sep 14, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Merge Windows 10 account with my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Merge account Microsoft

2. Merging accounts on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging accounts on pc: So downloading Starfield on the Xbox app has lead to some issues. I had to create a non Microsoft account on my PC just to play the game that I am being told by an XBOX tech support member to reach out to you guys about.I need to transfer/merge the new non-MS administrator...
  3. Merging accounts on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging accounts on pc: So downloading Starfield on the Xbox app has lead to some issues. I had to create a non Microsoft account on my PC just to play the game that I am being told by an XBOX tech support member to reach out to you guys about.I need to transfer/merge the new non-MS administrator...
  4. Merging Windows accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Windows accounts: i initally signed into my windows under my alt gmail account. however it had been a while since then and i decided to buy the xbox game pass on my main gmail. however i had had games in the alt account that i still play with progressis there anyway to merge these accounts so...
  5. Merging Windows accounts

Merging Windows accounts: i initally signed into my windows under my alt gmail account. however it had been a while since then and i decided to buy the xbox game pass on my main gmail. however i had had games in the alt account that i still play with progressis there anyway to merge these accounts so...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Merging with Java Account

Minecraft Windows 10 Merging with Java Account: You're probably wondering why I'm not contacting Mojang about this question, but after 2 weeks of receiving no response from my support request of a compromised account I have decided to ask this question here, since it seems that I can't rely on them for anything it seems....
  7. Windows 10 - unable to add a Microsoft account to my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - unable to add a Microsoft account to my PC: Hi, My name is Thierry Lergenmuller France and I encounter a problem. Before the problem I used two Microsoft accounts on my PC P10 Pro 64 bits, one *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for daily activities and a second one *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC?: How to make my Microsoft account as a default account on my windows 10 PC? These below DOES NOT work! Press windows + x. Select control panel. Select user account. Select Manage user account. Choose the local account you want it to be default. Login with local account...
  9. Can't connect my Microsoft account to my PC Windows 10

Can't connect my Microsoft account to my PC Windows 10: Hello, I am experiencing problems connecting my Microsoft account to my computer, both from the settings and from an Office application.I can enter my email address and password, then I encounter two scenarios: in the first, the login window asks me to wait endlessly, and...
  10. I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC

I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC: When I attempted to connect my Gmail/Google account to my Windows account in Settings, I received an error code. This happened repeatedly, even though my internet connection is working fine and I have enabled account connecting in my Google settings. Also, when I go to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to merge my windows local account with my microsoft account

2. merge accounts windows 10 local and microsoft

3. windows 10 merge local account with microsoft account

4. how to merge local windows account with microsoft account