Windows 10: Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them...

Discus and support Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Today I merged my documents folder with my name folder by mistake, now I have my game saves and apps, programs, files together on the document... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LewisHanson1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them...

Hello

Today I merged my documents folder with my name folder by mistake, now I have my game saves and apps, programs, files together on the document file that is ment to be Lewis (my name file). The reason this happened was because I moved my documents (using the location in properties) that was on my D: drive to my C: drive in Users/Lewis due to wanting my saves on my C: drive.

As you can see there is no name file since documents merged with the Lewis file (name file) that isn't there.

Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them... 046f7463-bc0c-47a5-8390-7c2089112994?upload=true.png

All the programs, apps & files are in documents whilst they are ment to be in the name file (Lewis file).

Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them... 1745c87f-09ad-48b7-988d-c10256bf16c8?upload=true.png

I hope this is more easier to understand what I'm on about. If you could help me i would be so thankful.

:)

LewisHanson1, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Adalo_22 Win User

Accidentally merged User and Documents folders

Hello,

I was moving some files around on my hard drive and I accidentally merged my User folder with my Documents folder. So in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I see C:\Users\Documents. Seen below:

Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them... 915ae32b-3849-4b55-b9ff-d1b6369f0eed?upload=true.png

I have looked through a few different forums on how to fix my mistake, but I am not 100% sure on how to fix it. I believe that I need to make a change in the registry because the data field for "Personal" is %USERPROFILE% and not %USERPROFILE%\Documents.

Can anyone help me with some steps that I can follow so I can resolve my mistake? I don't want to mess up the registry and hurt my machine. Thanks in advance!

Adalo_22, Aug 5, 2019
  3. DOCUMENTS FILE HAS REPLACED MY USER (NAME) FILE

Will -

Sign into your MS account to remove the PC from your list of linked devices.

It may take a day or two for it to let you add your MS account again.

There are no System Files in User Documents folder so you can move it from the Location tab, to a new folder you name Documents on D. This will make that folder the Shell User folder (with document icon) and the one on C just a normal unneeded folder you can
    delete.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Aug 5, 2019
  4. kjgrwv1 Win User

Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them...

Merging account files of deleted users... + correct user name in windows 10

I originally setup my laptop with local accounts and then added my Microsoft account as a user also, I have since deleted all the other user accounts except the MS account saving all the files but they are separate and its a longer process to access them.
    Is there a way to merge the files into my MS user account?

ALSO for some reason my user name does not look to be the same.... When I logon to my laptop using my MS account It shows my MS email and I enter my password ( it does not show a user name at all) ... upon looking through my files it is showing an incorrect
    user name when I look in users how do I get this at least to match or add a user name to my user account in place of my email??

Hope this all makes sense TY for your help Kat

kjgrwv1, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them...

1. Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them... - Similar Threads - Merged Documents file

2. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty: Hello to everyone, I'd really be grateful for any help on this issue - thank you very much!The problem:Two days ago, while my laptop was running i.e. not after a Windows Update reboot, all files in all subfolders located in C:\Users\NAME\Documents have disappeared "This...
  3. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty: Hello to everyone, I'd really be grateful for any help on this issue - thank you very much!The problem:Two days ago, while my laptop was running i.e. not after a Windows Update reboot, all files in all subfolders located in C:\Users\NAME\Documents have disappeared "This...
  4. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop And Document User Files Merged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop And Document User Files Merged: [ATTACH] I don't know if this subreddit is used for Windows 10 support but I am new to Windows and I accidentally merged my Desktop and Documents folders. I have looked online for hours and I tried fixing it through regedit and I still can't figure it out. Please help me,...
  6. User file name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User file name: okay there was that problem that I tried to change the user file name as it contained a trademark symbol and this wasn't compatible with android studio SDK, so I followed a video on youtube and it totally erased many many things, like the programs in taskbar, the browser, the...
  7. "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>"

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>": "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>" refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and...
  8. User file in C drive that is not a user file

User file in C drive that is not a user file: I've been having a huge fight with this problem for a day or so and I'm losing and getting tired. So this is me asking for help. It all started a few days ago when I received a notification from Windows that my account needed attending to. So I clicked on the notification...
  9. Changing the name of the "Home" file in C:\Users

Changing the name of the "Home" file in C:\Users: It's been bugging me for so long because whenever something pulls up my account name it uses Home, and I really want to change it. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-name-of-the-home-file-in-cusers/62b9d640-c05f-4eb6-be42-680f7a8fc4a3"
  10. DOCUMENTS FILE HAS REPLACED MY USER (NAME) FILE

DOCUMENTS FILE HAS REPLACED MY USER (NAME) FILE: New Desktop, tried to move the libraries from the (C) SSD to the (D)Hard drive to save room on the SSD for when i move files onto the PC. My documents replaced my user name so now when i click documents in libraries it shows me what i would see when i click on my user like...