Windows 10: Merged Downloads and D:

Discus and support Merged Downloads and D: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to move my downloads, documents, photos, etc. from the D: drive to the C: drive and all of them worked except the downloads, which is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TastyWave, Nov 25, 2018.

1. TastyWave Win User

Merged Downloads and D:

I was trying to move my downloads, documents, photos, etc. from the D: drive to the C: drive and all of them worked except the downloads, which is now merged with the D: drive I think. I included pictures I think will be helpful based on other articles that I read.

Merged Downloads and D: 0c0b004a-44d0-4159-a0b3-ec7d2c836b76?upload=true.png Merged Downloads and D: fc246a1f-5566-4149-85ed-26ead881808b?upload=true.png

:)

TastyWave, Nov 25, 2018
  2. mattyb_98 Win User

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Nov 25, 2018
  3. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Nov 25, 2018
  4. D_o_S Win User

Merged Downloads and D:

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Merged Downloads and D:

1. Merged Downloads and D: - Similar Threads - Merged Downloads

2. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  3. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  4. Some programs do not download/function properly after merging 2 Drives, location of appdata...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some programs do not download/function properly after merging 2 Drives, location of appdata...: I wrongly merged my Z and C drives together, and Z does not exist anymore now. In Run, when I type %appdata%, the error included in the screenshot pops up and I think this is the reason programs, like discord, do not download anymore. In the screenshot, appdata is located on...
  5. I accidentally merged my desktop and my downloads folder what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged my desktop and my downloads folder what do i do?: so I tried to put my downloads folder to my E drive so that it would not consume much space but accidentally I put the desktop thing into the drive and then it merged with the downloads folder aswell so anything I download pops up in the desktop...
  6. I accidentally merged my desktop and my downloads folder what do i do?

I accidentally merged my desktop and my downloads folder what do i do?: so I tried to put my downloads folder to my E drive so that it would not consume much space but accidentally I put the desktop thing into the drive and then it merged with the downloads folder aswell so anything I download pops up in the desktop...
  7. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  8. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  9. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

10. Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.: I was trying to clear up some space on my SSD C: and move my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Downloads system folders to my HDD D:.First of all I moved the documents folder loosely to my D drive Properties > Location > Move > HDD > Apply. It worked, but I didn't want the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download folder merged to other partition and name got changed

2. windows 10 merged downloads folder with drive